1/9 MANNIE amps 179, pmps 422 BOUNCE!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday to everyone!
    mama bean was a good mom and got the new insulin today, well late last night and ready to go at amps... i am guessing that his bounce to the truly ugly red was a rebound from the greens we had last night? 62 @ +5 was a little unsettling, but he was back to 90 @ +5.5. ??? we seem to be doing alot of bouncing over the past few days. opinion on why that is? just when i think i have him figured out....

yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1841

WCR: sunny day, with one happy feline. flip_cat Mannie loves the sun - a master at finding that one ray amongst shadows and blinds and barriers. He's doing well today, lots of cuddles and purrs. i am still amazed that he will purr when tested. maybe these fuzz balls have a 6th sense that we are tying to help them.

and my heart felt sympathy to Bo and Mike. I still read that post, a couple times a day - so so sad. i feel for her, for her kitty. I have been there so many times in the past with kitties of my own. it never gets any easier whether they are my own, or someone else's. Take care Bo.

RECAP:
    amps 179
    amps +1 209
    amps +3 188
    amps +6 279
    amps +9 388
    pmps 422
    pmps +2 297

2. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Wow!! A beautiful day for Mannie. Perhaps some of that is due to the new insulin??

Look at him come down after PMPS, too. That's a very good thing when the trips to RBC are short!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think you're right, the bounce is likely to be in response to the greens last night. It looks like Mannie is already starting to clear it though. What a good kitty!!

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope the trip to RBC is a short one.

5. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Glad that Mannie found a little ray of sunshine today..
    and, being a resident of the Northwest too.. it can be difficult!

Nice to see Mannie clearing out of RBC in record time..
    What a great day!

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

thanks guys! We elated here too that these trips to RBC are short. Mannie and i feel lucky :RAHCAT Perhaps it is the new insulin?

It is a great day - truly. dancing_cat I am grateful for this kitty - he just never complains. well, except for when we tackle the occasional fur mat and then i am likely to lose an appendage, or at least have it affectionately mangled. :lol:

additional WCR: food cut back seems to be going OK, with no adverse affects. think i will shave off a little more at the main feeding/shoot time of amps and pmps as those were the feedings that were the largest, to be more consistent with the others: a more even distribution throughout the day... all in an effort to get the weight under control.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/9 MANNIE pmps 422, +2~297

coming down nicely already!

I would get another spot check before bed, since +2 is so much lower than PMPS. Not too low at all, just would be a good idea to see where this is going.

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

That we did - down to a 201. It seems to be the pattern when he is coming off of these high numbers. ?? he often drops down 200 bg's.

what is so interesting is that he comes and gets me for these pmps +5, dances and circles on the floor until we test, purrs until he gets his evening snack/food. I could hear him calling me from the kitchen. somehow that is way cool. cat_pet_icon

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Now that is one of the cutest things I've heard all night. :D

10. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Meh. 200 points is nothing. Just ask Esse...who went from 431 to 48 in just over 6 hours the other day. :mrgreen:

And yes, it's very, very cool to know your cat enjoys test time...it makes it so much easier on us beans, too.

Best-
    Michele

11. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

whoa - now that is a dive! only had one of those - phew!!, i think. makes us want to tell them to slow down - as if they'd listen anyways... :lol:

true on testing, and have them not mind it. i thought that he would be so difficult - boy was i wrong. :RAHCAT

12. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

That was freefall. LOL. And no, they don't listen to us anyway...they're cats. It's their job to both confound and frustrate us. Esse is a pro at that. But it's so nice to be able to show her the testing stuff, and have her turn her back to me...and lay down for the poke (I position from behind, so I have better control. Never needed it, but still, just in case). It's sweet, in it's own weird way...

Best-
    Michele

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good morning Michele :coffee:

Same routine for us. On the better control. Mannie is the same way - hardly needed it, short of the amps when he just wants to eat, and by-pass the test. :lol: silly boy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.