1/9 Morris AM No Shot - Need PM Dose Advise Please!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1756

After deciding to decrease Morris' dose down to .10u yesterday, I shot that last night. His AM test was 133 and I was to be gone all day right up until PM shot time. In addition, the timed feeder I bought that arrived just yesterday does not work right and I could not trust it to feed him correctly. So I decided to be a BCS and not shoot since I'm not sure how he will react to the .10u.

Now I've returned and his BG at 1 hour before shot time is 243. Wondering if I should, just this once, give him the old .25u dose to bring him back down and begin the .10u in the morning. He will probably be a bit higher when I test him right before the shot but the 243 is a +23 number.

Hope someone's around within the next half hour. nailbite_smile

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hmm, there's really no right answer to that question, so you'll have to do what feels right to you. When a reduction is earned, especially with a 35, you HAVE to take it. But I can see where it would be tempting to pretend you had two fur shots in a row and shoot the higher dose one more time. Sorry, I can't be of much help here.

What worried you today, to skip the shot? You shot a higher dose at a lower preshot yesterday...

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Thanks for the reply Libby. I skipped the shot today because I was going to be gone the entire 12 hours from AM shot to PM shot and because I didn't really know what the .10u would do, and rather than worry the whole time, I decided not to shoot at all. The last time I had to be away all day like that I did a BCS dose but when it's .10, what consititutes a BCS dose???? confused_cat

The reason why I even ask about shooting the higher dose tonight is because he is so high again (312 at shot time) that I wanted to get him down to a decent number right away....I know, I know, that's not how it's done. :oops: Anyway, I shot the .10u and will see where he goes. This was very bad timing for me to be away today as he was doing so well and just got his reduction to .10....I hope I don't have to start all over again at .25 but if I do, so be it! :-|

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

There are many worse places to have to start over at. :smile: Morris is doing wonderfully!

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yeah, I guess you're right...thanks for putting that in perspective! I already started over at 1 unit, I think, 3 times! ohmygod_smile

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Morris AM No Shot

Maybe he will bring himself down on his own with the .10u tonight..ya never know.....
    I can understand your wanting to shoot the higher one,.....but ... you know Morris bet...
    So, see what happens and how he is in the morning., right?
    What kind of feeder did you get? What seems to be wrong with it?

7. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

there is something less than 0.1U.... :razz:
    One drop.

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hi: Morris is doing well, I hope you don't have to start over. (anti-jinx) But, better safe than sorry. Besides, a lot of us have gone up the dosing scale a few times. We should form a club.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm sure it will all work out.

10. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I bought the Petmate 5 electronic one...about $50 at Petco...for some reason when the time comes for the unit to turn, it makes the whirring noise and then only turns a smidge, like 1/20th of the way. Don't see anywhere that it is getting hung up. Good thing I didn't go off today and leave it to do the feeding...he would have starved!! :shock: :shock: I left just a big pile of food in his bowl...it was not a pretty sight to come home to as Morris licks his food up the side of the bowl, basically just licking off the water and leaving a sludge up the one side of the bowl (and over if it's a big pile of food like today). ohmygod_smile

This is my second Petmate feeder that is useless...the first one wasn't electronic and the times couldn't be set close enough to be of any value. I guess I should just be happy to feed King Morris every 2 hours "manually". :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.