1/9 Roo AMPS+7 550

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by blueroo, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueroo

blueroo New Member

Unusual spike in his number this afternoon after he's been going down for awhile. Is this somewhat normal during a downward trend?

Also, repeat question from 2 days ago: what is the lowest number I should see and still give him a shot?

Pet sitter is coming over tomorrow to learn how to do blood testing.

Thanks,
    Deb & Roo

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Roo AMPS+7 550 - Questions

Hello Deb,

Glad to see you post regularly again and also happy to hear that you are training your DPS in blood testing.

W.r.t. your quetion regarding the 'usual' spike in the middle of the day... well maybe it's unsual, but maybe it's rebound from a lower number (or maybe not so low) in the evening and night. Unfortunately, becaause you have very limited data after PMPS it's difficult to see what's going on. Without sounding annoying, you really need to collect spot checks in the evening.

Now with respect to your other question... what is the safest number you should shot... well, that also depends on several things. The stickies at the top of the page explain that you have to be data ready to shot lower numbers. IMO, I am not sure that you are data ready... but that's just my opinion... do with it what you wish. However...this lead me to another question. Are you asking that for your shots or for you upcoming shots bu your DPS? Appropriate dosing may be suggested to you for your DPS, but you'll need to provide more details such as: is Roo going to eat the same as when you are there, is your DPS staying overnight, is your DPS testing at PS, and at other times during the day. ALl those pieces are information are important in order for a suggestion to be made.

I hope this helps.

3. blueroo

blueroo New Member

Thanks for your reply. My DPS will not be staying overnight, she will be coming in those 2 weekday mornings to test, feed, and give Roo his shot in the morning only. His food intake during those days will be slightly less than when I am home all day to wait on him. I'll test him again when I get home from work and then again before his evening shot.

I was asking about a general recommendation for a low dosing number for my DPS. I just want to give her a guideline so that she knows not to give him a shot if he tests below a certain level. I was thinking 172, but I wanted to get advice before I give her that number.

I am not ignoring the value of evening tests... but I have my own health issues that require me to get more sleep than other people might regularly need. I am doing the best I can for Roo.

Deb

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Deb:

The board has been incredibly busy with some major and minor crises over the last couple of days. If you could edit the subject line of your first post asking for "DPS Advice" or something along those lines, one of the more experienced beans will definitely respond.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

since we don't have enough data, my suggestion would be to ask your pet sitter not to shoot at a number lower than what you've shot at at yourself. if you think roo will eat less while you're gone it's probably best to have your pet sitter shoot a lesser dose of 1u in the morning.

i notice several morning ps tests missing... going forward, are these the times the pet sitter will be filling in for you?

about night time spot checks...
    at night do you shoot and go right to bed? if so, is there any possibility of adjusting your shot times so that you'd be able to get a night time spot check at +3? we've had other peeps with various reasons for not being able to get spot checks at night. adjusting the shot times usually works out well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.