1/9 Skippy AMPS 177 One Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by skippy and birten, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Good Morning LL,

Today is Skippy's one year anniversary being diagnosed and a friend to LL,

What a day from hell that was one year ago. It was snowing and I had just returned from the vet with his possible diagnosis of diabetes. Test results followed concluding he was diabetic. I was mortified and depressed and selfishly wondering how I was going to give up my sleep but I did for my little pumpkin. Of course that day did not end with Skippy but having the pest control service fall from my bedroom ceiling tryning to trap 5 squirrels in the attic and to top it off that day the front door lock fell in my hand leaving my house open to anyone to walk in. What could I bear that day..but all in all everything worked out. Got the ceiling patched up and caught the 5 squirrels and the door knob replaced and Skippy regulated and all his body fat back to normal thanks to the WONDERFUL people hear on LL who gave me VALUABLE ADVICE and SUPPORT where the vet who diagnosed him did not. I do not know if Skippy would have been regulated successfully had I not found this site with a simple gooogle search. I have made some virtual friends on this site and hope one day we can all meet maybe at a Annual Feline Diabeties function. THANK YOU. THANK YOU and never give up HOPE!

Wishing all the Beans and their babies a lovely Caturday,

Skippy sends his love and is showing it today with his BLUE AMPS. :RAHCAT

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

NICE!!! ;-)

Wonderful to hear Skippy doing so well! A happy kitty with a wonderful mommy bean! cat_pet_icon

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Nice post! Happy Annifursary!

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, one year, huh? that's a lot of insulin under the olde bridge! :lol:

It's good to reflect on the past year.and you and Skippy have done well for sure!
    Adding my thanks to you s for everyone o:) on this forum too :YMHUG:

There is HOPE and we have much to be thankful for...great post...great year!
    Celebrate! drinking24

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Happy anniversary! drinking24

you're doing so well for your boy, and it was nice of Skippy to celebrate with a blue AMPS too. Way to go!

6. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Happy annifursary! Chloe's one-year was on 12/30. How quickly time goes by! Like Skippy, Chloe is a much happier and healthier cat today than she was a year ago....all due to this Board and the wonderful people who provide support, advice and encouragement.

Here's hoping Skippy and Chloe spend more and more time in the bloos and greens (and maybe even have a big party this year!!)

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

OMG -- that day a year ago sounded like the day from hell. I hope the part about the pest control guy falling through the ceiling while chasing squirrels ad the door hardware falling off can give you a chuckle now.

Happy Anniversary to you and Skippy!

8. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Yes that day was truly a day from Hell and know I look back with a chuckle. Skippy enjoyed the day with a special treat! Soon to post his recap of the day. Thank you all for your well wishes!!!

9. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Skippy & Birten, what a sweet, lovely post :YMHUG:
    In 2 days we will be on our 1 month anniversary, so Happy 1 year Anniversary to you!! drinking24

10. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I just looked at your spreadsheet, that you gave Lantus 1x's per day? Is this true, we can do this?

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Happy Annifursary Skippy!!!
    [​IMG]
    Great Job!!!

12. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Happy Annifursary ((Birten and Skippy)) [​IMG]
    I'm so glad that you found this board and I so admire you and your persistence to get Skippy where he is today....
    We are so lucky to have you! Thank you for all your encouragment for Pepper and all the furries and beans on this board..

13. Nat and Ferdi (Pelusa GA)

Nat and Ferdi (Pelusa GA) Member

I remember when you came last year Birten! Skippy was (and is still, in fact) one of Pelusa's favourite!

Congratulations on all the progress!

And Pelusa wouldn't be herself without saying: Gooooooooooooooo Skippy! :RAHCAT

14. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Birten, What an incredible milestone to reach. Happy Annifursary! You and Skippy have come so far, and you've done an amazing job with him every step of the way. Wishing you many more happy and healthy years together!

15. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

I decided not too much pokeman today as his gift from me. Tomorrow will be the pokeman day.

+5 239
    pmps 241

Thank you ALL and hope tonight I will see some blues

16. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

You and Skippy have come a long way. I'm happy to see how he's doing a year later and glad you're a frequent visitor to KB's condo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.