1/9 Yoshi amps 465

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stressedcatmom, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Stressedcatmom

Stressedcatmom Well-Known Member

Primarily posting so I can start a new thread.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/yoshi-update-test-result.223706/

@Wendy&Neko

By dramatic, do you mean they drop considerably if they have IAA and new insulin?

My vet is working with Neissen. I believe they are in the same consulting group. She did mention that he had a current PhD student that was doing studies and not seeing results. Now I'm confused how he does this if he is no longer there. Yes, I did read that regardless of the cab possibly lowering the insulin dose, IGF didn't change (my vet sent me the abstract).

Has anyone used cab on the board and had a lower IGF? I have to look at the south american study.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Could you please modify your title so it looks like this?

1/9 Yoshi AMPS 465 - then your question? It'll help keep us straight as to which day which post, etc.

Thanks so much!

3. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I believe @Olive & Paula did a second IGF-1 test after a year of cab so Paula should be along to answer your question.

To echo Sue, please put the date so we can keep track of which condo is the newest.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I answered part of the question in the post on the acro/IAA forum, regarding cabergoline and IGF-1. The PhD student graduated last year. If you search his name, you find he is now working in private practice as an internal medicine vet with a specialty in endocrinology. If you check the date of the article, it was a couple years ago. Similarly, if you search the RVC staff list, Neissen is no longer working there. He is now working in vet consulting group, which may be what your vet is associated with.

As for IAA, I just mean that with a reduced dose (70%) when you switch, and IAA, it's possible you will temporarily see better numbers. As an example, check out Jack's SS, end of May 2016. Jack was on 6.5 units of Prozinc, swimming in red and pink. He switched to the same dose of Levemir, and suddenly saw greens. Within a few weeks the antibodies (diagnosed later) caught on, and the dose increasing began again.

By the way, Yoshi needs an increase.

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Jennifer - just want to send you and Yoshi all my best wishes. I know wishes don't do much, but I really hope you don't feel alone. Prayers too. You have been through a lot since dear Yoshi's diabetes diagnosis, including all the vet turmoil. Give your beautiful boy some extra love from us:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Stressedcatmom likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I did have a repeat IGF done. It was more out of curiosity than anything. Ollie's value was higher. Vet said "we can start weaning her off the caber". I said no, it helps the symptoms and I feel it's helping. She said okay.

As you can tell I'm all for it. However, you need to talk with vet, really think about what you expect. Decide what is best for you and Yoshi. Then the hardest part, not question your decision. The tumor will be remain with or without cabergoline.

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry about Yoshi's diagnosis. Sending you both tons of hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: