1-Advantage 100 Amt? 2-Give w/Eosinophilic Granuloma Complx

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by DD & Tinkerbell, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

G'morning everybody!

I have 2 questions today, actually as I write this it is turning into 3 (of course it is!):

1 - What is the amount of Advantage 100 (for dogs) that I should draw into the syringe to treat the cats (average size 8-10 pounds) with? The vet said .9 cc/ml; however I have always used Frontline (for dogs) on the cats in the past and only administered .4 cc/ml. So is it .9 on the Advantage 100? Incidentally the vet's office cautioned me explicitly about not ever using AdvanTIX on cats, said they are super-allergic to it, however they said this Advantage 100 was fine (I actually took the box there and checked).

2 - Tinkerbell & that awful rash: back in Feb Tink's face and neck started getting sores on it, she digs at them. The vet suspected Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex. Wanted to give her a low dose or two of steroids, I said no way. Tink has been getting Clavamox off and on since then. When she gets the Clav twice a day the "rash" clears up. but the minute she goes off the Clav w/in a day or two that rash starts reddening back up and she is digging at herself again. Lysine does not seem to be making a whole lot of difference on this one.

So Tink question 1: should I give her the Advantage 100 dose while she has this rash? The last time she got anything was Frontline (which I don't have any more of) and the rash did not appear to be an allergic reaction to that.

Tink question 2: the vet will not keep giving me Clavamox forever, she wants to treat this with sterioids. I don't want to give Tinkerbell steroids. Tinkerbell is OTJ almost 6 six months now and we would like to keep it this way. Any advice is welcomed on this one & thanks.

Desi, Tinkerbell, Tawny, the 16 other cats, 3 dogs (yes, we are back up to 3) and 2 horses.

PS FYI: Tawny is doing great, SS is actually pretty close to being up to date!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 1-Advantage 100 Amt? 2-Give w/Eosinophilic Granuloma Co

Gosh what a predicament to be in .. Our civvie twix suffers from allergies and rodent ulcers. Rodent ulcers can only be treated with steroids (as far as we know) I hate doing it to her, but if we dont, when they develop she walks around with a huge fat lip .. makes it look like she is blowing a bubble out of bubble gum ..

I'm curious to keep up on this, to see what else can be done .. maybe it will work for rodent ulcers too ..

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.