1 Oct | Girlie +3=43/36; 40; 58; +4.5=74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Girlie's mom, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I believe it is 3 times under 50 for a long term diabetic or one drop under 40. With going back to work tomorrow and the 40 today,
    I would probably take a reduction, but see what others say.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  3. Girlie's mom

You're right! :bighug: I just checked the TR protocol page. I wasn't sure about the test strips, so I opened a new bottle after she got the 43 and she was 36, but that was before she got the 14% gravy, 16% gravy, and now 9% (which she then walked away from!) - cat! Sigh...:banghead:

I think I might take her down to 2 drops tonight and see how she goes. She's at 0.1 now, so I'm not sure whether I'd go back down to 2 drops or to 1 drop. Sigh! The drama of tiny doses...

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would definitely reduce with the 36, but to what ... I’m not sure. :bighug:

Girlie ... stay away from the sharks. You made your point!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes definitely reduce the dose with a 36

Girlie's mom likes this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Better safe than too low. Take a look at what I have been doing with Gizmo's dosing.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  7. Girlie's mom

Hi Lizzie,

I looked at Gizmo's SS, but I don't know what the caliper numbers equate to... I use the insulin ruler, so if I have to go down from 0.1, then it's to either 2 drops (which is roughly half of 0.1) or 1 drop. It seems like you can go down tiny amounts using the calipers, though! Is that it?

8. Girlie's mom

Hi Bron! A different vial and test strip, but still: 36 made my eyebrows go up a little bit!

9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I am lowering the dose by 1/8U Sunday PM (2 doses before back to work) then raising it Wednesday so depot is full by the weekend when I am home to monitor. I realize you are at much smaller dosing but just throwing out suggestion.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the reduction. The TR protocol says reduce under 40 for long term diabetics, full stop. There is a method of doing three under 50 that can be used for kitties that fail reductions. Many caregivers of long term diabetics have adopted this as an alternative for reductions. Full disclosure, as Neko was an acrocat and generally held her reductions, I reduced at 50, even over time, but depending on her dose, might reduce by smaller amounts. Lesson, learn what works for your cat.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  11. Girlie's mom

Thanks for that, Wendy. :)