10/05 J.D. PMPS 381

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    376 +11.75 AMPS
    249 +3.25
    164 +6.5
    330 +9.75

He fell out of bed around +9.25. I felt sorry for him, because he doesn't land on his feet and it is a very high bed. I just heard a crash and there he was laying on the floor. Poor guy cat_pet_icon He goes into these deep sleeps, and if he's near the edge of something he sometimes just kind of melts over the side.
    I remember cuddling him in bed for a short while after that, and then I must have gotten up and tested him, because I woke up on the couch with Ginger scratching at the carpet next to my head and it was +12.75 :shock: AMPS was late.

I gave him some R this morning. I guess I should have given it to him at +9.75, but I always think what if he dives and at +11 I want to feed him to slow the dive down. We're not supposed to feed after +10.

He ate some out of each of the two bowls of food I put out for him on the deck this morning, and I gave him his Clavamox. I wanted to try to see what he would do without the Ondansetron and Cyproheptadine today, but when I put fresh food in front of his face he didn't want to eat it, so I gave him the meds at +1 and at +1.5 he ate some of the food.

I did find a solid poo next to the litter box last night and another one this morning.

I just brought him in at +2 and he ate some of the 1/3 jar of warmed up baby food I offered him. Other than that he is acting normal.

I hope he continues to come down in BGs nice and easy today, and eats regularly.

He just came to check out to see if the door to the basement was open. He loves to lay and sleep on the top step for some reason. Twice, he slipped while sleeping and caught himself two steps down. nailbite_smile

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 10/05 J.D. AMPS 433, +2 332

Hoping that he gives you a very lovely surf today, Dyana. :YMHUG: He's already starting to give you some lovely #s... He's almost at a blue #!!! WTG, J.D.!!!! I wish for him to make a full and speedy recovery from whatever is ailing him. Hoping you both have a wonderful day, and I'm glad that he's eating. Food is a wonderful cure-all. :D

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 10/05 J.D. AMPS 433, +2 332

He just did a poo with all four feet inside the litter box but somehow he manages to poo over the sides. It's a good 9 inches high. I'm thinking about going shopping for a new lower sided litter box today. It will be easier for him to get in and out of. I give up on trying to higher the sides to get the poo and pee inside the box. I'll buy more pee pads, too.

4. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Re: 10/05 J.D. AMPS 433, +2 332, +3 292

Hi Dyana. J.D. is doing a good job of slowly sliding down the rungs of the color ladder this morning. We have our fingers crossed that he'll get to the blue and have a nice surf there for you.

We tried so many different LBs and finally settled on a plastic tote. It's about 15" high. I cut a "U" shaped section from the center front. I stopped leaving the opening about 10" from the floor. I put some plastic molding around the cut out so smooth the edges and placed a set of plastic pet steps at the front of the opening. The cats walk up the steps and get in the box and when done walk down the steps and get out. The sides and back are high enough that it keeps all of the pee inside when PF decides to spray. Maybe something like that would work for J.D. if he can go up the steps.

Have a great day Dyana and thank you for your visits.

[​IMG]
    It ain't pretty.....but it works.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you. And the pictures helps a lot, too. Other people have suggested storage bins. Where did you get the steps? and the plastic molding? I am assuming the covering on the steps is washable?

6. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

J.D's numbers are coming down. Poor guy fell off the bed. That has happened to Lovey before.

I got a litter box with shorter sides for Lovey to make it easier.

Have a good day Dyana

7. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Re: 10/05 J.D. AMPS 433, +2 332, +3 292, +4.75 178

We bought the steps at PetSmart I believe, quite some time ago. I've seen them for sale on the Internet also. They're plastic but sturdy. Yes, the covering is washable. I had the plastic molding left over from another project. They have it at Home Depot next to the plastic sheets of lattice.

8. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

Re: 10/05 J.D. AMPS 433, +2 332, +3 292, +4.75 178

Dyana - J.D.'s +4 looks much better!! :)

Recently Rex was standing tooooo close to the edge and had a similar problem.
    I was also thinking of a deeper LB.

Good luck with the custom LB, let us know how it all works out!

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 10/05 J.D. +3 292, +4.75 178, +6 115, +7 94, +8 103

J.D. gets a greenie. :mrgreen:

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Nice to see JD back into green! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I've never seen Emma in her letterbox, but every so often we find poo outside! I wonder if she is doing the same thing?

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yay for Mr. Greenie! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We also use totes for litter boxes but we cut the hole much lower so they can just walk in. We use duct tape on the edges if they are rough.
    Liz

12. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    I'm glad J.D.'s numbers look good.
    And I'm glad he's producing firm poops. :smile:

Dr. Lisa's site also has the how to info on home made LB here.
    I would cut out the opening a little lower to make it easier on her, or place a step.

Sending keep getting better and good appy vines to J.D.

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks. I was wondering how I was going to find something to smooth the rough edges. What do you use to cut the door in it with? Scissors?

14. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Dyana,
    I haven't made it yet, but a while ago I bought a container and a utility knife, fully intending to make one.
    I was going to try some plastic file binders (something like this, sold at any office stationery store) to cover the edge, but if it doesn't work, I was going to use even some duct tapes.

Then, I found this jumbo litter box that Lucy loves.
    It's big so her whole body fits in quite comfortably, also mentioned in Dr. Lisa's site.

I am still going to make the container one, but I'm just being slow and lazy since I found something else that's currently working for Lucy. :D

Good luck, and please let me know how yours turns out.
    It will probably encourage me to get on with this project!!

15. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hooray for J.D.'s numbers today!!
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What great LB ideas in this condo!

16. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

HI,Dyana!
    Jake did have the same problem - always poop outside of the box.
    I bought clear white storage box low sided but large and it works well - he likes it! (even Maya is using it)
    Glad that JD slides nice down to the green! They are 5.5" high x 16 x 22" . Jake has problem to lift his right
    back leg(arthritis)
    Have a great day!

17. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dyana.....this is a fantastic day for J.D! :mrgreen: I'm so happy for you. dancing_cat

I also had to use high boxes for Checkers, as he liked to use back corner and 'water' the walls. :roll: At first I stapled a sheet of plastic on the wall, letting it hang down into the box. But that wouldn't work for the sides.
    I use big storage boxes, cutting down the front with a hacksaw. I warm and soften the plastic with a hairdryer...much easier to cut. Duct tape smooths edges.

I know that J.D.'s problem isn't the same, but thought I'd toss in my thoughts on the box anyway. :D

Attached Files:

18. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

On my way to get the 80 pounds of cat litter, was a PetsMart and next to that a WalMart, so I got everything I need.
    A huge 35 gallon tote, 80lbs of litter, some duct tape, and an exacto knife (which I am scared to use).

The huge tote is still out in the car, I'll go get it now, and then read the instructions on the exacto knife and start my project.

Thanks for the pictures, ladies.

19. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

And these days , you can get all kinds of fun duct tape. :lol:

20. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Luck Dyana! Can't wait to see your creation~ :D

21. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck making the new litter box. I hope it works and J.D. likes it.

22. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

The new litter box is finished. J.D. put his front paws in the door and peed on the pee pad outside the door.
    At least I don't have to surround the box with pee pads, just outside the front door. Ginger is checking it out now.
    And, she went into the gravel, and then had to use the pee pads out front to wipe her hands.

23. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We use a piddle pad and a plastic litter mat on top of that. Most times, if the pee is not in the box, it's on the mat, which can be easily washed. The mat also collects litter from their paws.
    Liz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.