10/10 Scooter PMPS 407, AMPS 78 , +1.5 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Scooter, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...od-question-feeding-help.204477/#post-2267733

These animals are going to give me a heart attack! The vet had told me Scooter's steroid shot would wear off today, but I had no idea it would be this dramatic. With his PMPS of 407 I thought it was quit safe to give him a pokey break. I did make sure he ate a good snack at +4 before we went to bed and I got up at +8 to make sure he ate again, I just didn't think it was necessary to poke him! I was really shocked at his AMPS this morning. I hope he didn't go too low. He seems fine and was hungry this morning. He will only eat FF Salmon, but I guess it won't hurt him for a few days.

After T/F/S for Scooter I went to feed the horses and discovered the gate opened. They're usually standing at the gate waiting on me. I called them and still no horses. It was still dark so I couldn't see much, I was picturing them going down to the road and getting hit by a pickup. I had just grabbed halters to go look for them when they all finally came up. They were all still in their pasture. I guess last night when I turned them out I didn't get the pin in the slot on the gate, but they didn't discover it.

Hopefully today will be a calm day at work, not likely though!

Hope you all have a good hump day!

2. Jill & Scooter

+1.5 65 :eek::banghead:

Have to go to work! Put some MC in each snack and gave him some MC now and made sure he ate it. I will try and get home mid morning to check on him.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

You certainly had a very exciting morning!! I hope work will be quiet so you can escape to check on Scooter.

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Scooter surfs safely for you. I'm glad the horses didn't escape.

You might want to make a note on your SS about the steroid shot.

5. Jill & Scooter

Done! Thanks!

6. Jill & Scooter

It was a long day today. To think about Scooter possibly going too low last night and me not catching it scared the heck out of me. Then when he dropped at +1.5 I was really worried. Work was chaos today and I worried about Scooter all day. I left him with snacks with MC and luckily I was able to check on him a couple times. I’m very thankful his appetite is back! Not only is he eating his food, but he tried to eat my dinner too. Back to normal. :smuggrin: