10/10 Tomcat PMPS 127, +2=152, +3.5=98,+6=164,+7.5=194 dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=105944

hello all!

I am concerned about Tom's numbers on his new increase....go figure right? always a worry with us all.....that is why this board is such a stress reliever because others can help you try to figure it out and correct it! fingers crossed.

okay here are my thoughts:

1. Could I be dealing with too much insulin? I am totally clueless as to how that would work...but I THINK it would be something like....the pancreas is actually working a bit...bringing down the numbers so there isn't any food spike...then when the insulin kicks in...the liver kicks the sugar up and out? thus resulting in higher numbers or an inverted curve. am I even close? and how can I tell if this is the case.....I assume lowering the insulin amount and wait and see?

I would kill myself if all along Tom has healed is pancreas EVEN A LITTLE and I have been dosing him daily and increasing thus...over working if not ruining any healing that has happened!

2. I am very confident that the amount he is given is consistent...I am using a seam ruler that has caliper "fingers" to help my dosing...until I get a real caliper. so I don't think that is the problem

3. no fur shots....shots are on time and shots are in the same site

4. which leaves me with perhaps the insulin is not good? The vial is only 1 month old.....and looks fine.

****What do you all think I am dealing with here? I am so reluctant to give his increase next shot....but then again the other part of me thinks to increase even more!! Going crazy here.....

Thank you all for your help

~kelly

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 10/10 Tomcat AMPS 136, +2=170, +4.5=100, +7=121 dose?

Hi Kelly - what happened to the kelly green Tomcat SS? But seriously, I think you should hold this dose for the full 6 cycles before deciding what to do. NDW could be impacting the first couple of cycles on this new dose.

I've been told that an inverse curve can mean too much insulin or too little insulin. :roll: Or in my Neko's case, it means she goes low at night and her liver does a bouncette during the day. You are testing Tom enough at night to know it's not the latter. Let's see how the next couple cycles play out.

3. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/10 Tomcat PMPS 127, +2=152 dose?

Hi Kelly! I don't have any dosing answers . . . totally just lurking here to see what others have to say since I always learn from the detailed information you dig out of people :D So I thought I'd at least say hi and bump you up!

(And if you don't like those blues, you can send 'em on over to Papaya :lol: )

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/10 Tomcat PMPS 127, +2=152 dose?

Looks like a nice green just appeared......
    patience is paying off.....

Surf that green, Tomcat.

5. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Re: 10/10 Tomcat PMPS 127, +2=152, +3.5=98, +6=164 dose?

thank you Wendy, Amy, and Rhiannon for your visits and advice! I appreciate the visits so much....

Well, Tom's green has vanished in the wind....just like the last few cycles of his increased dose. There is just something off going on.....very very odd numbers for him...and the placement in the cycle itself..... :?: :?:

I swear I am one day away from dishing out another 200 bucks for a new vial of insulin......or ask Marje's AC to visit Tom!

My DH, who knows nothing of the protocol.....but who does have a lot of common sense....looked at Tom's SS and says:

"well, kel, it is obvious to me....too much insulin!! You don't have to be on a forum to see that......"

But how can that be? Is there any chance he is right?

I just have that awful feeling that I am doing more harm than good??!!!!!!!

thanks again all

~kelly

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 10/10 Tomcat PMPS 127, +2=152, +3.5=98,+6=164,+7.5=194 d

Hey Kel

Did you see Zekes Condo from yesterday? There was a lot of the same discussion.

If you are following the TR protocol guidelines, you can't overdose Tom.

So you have two choices:
    1. Reduce the dose and see what he does; this is called a rebound check and it is rarely successful. Instead, you risk getting more high,flat curves and then it takes longer to get back where you were.

2. Follow the protocol. Because he's getting blue and green numbers, if he were my cat, I'd hold the dose at least ten cycles.

We support whatever you decide.

7. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Thanks Marje!!

I can go to bed now and not toss and turn that I am giving too much!!!

you made it easy for me to relax A LITTLE with the following:

boy oh boy....SIGH....it is going to be a long 3 days! this is agony!

I never realized how spoiled Tom has made me.............I want my flat greens back....AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!

I know you all understand...

night all

thanks again

I hope you enjoyed the movie!!

~kelly

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Kelly

I have been in your shoes so many times that it isn't funny. Because I do still follow the protocol, I know if she stalls and she's been at least ten cycles on an increased dose where she's in blue, I up the dose. I try very hard to not get attached to a dose.

I like her nadirs in the 60s. If she is blue/green, I give her at least 10-11 cycles on an increase and if she is not getting there, I increase. Conversely, if she goes between 40-50 on two separate days and I'm fighting to keep the numbers up the second day, I don't wait for the third time....I reduce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.