10/12 River AMPS:115 +2:56 *With Randi!*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Picknickchick, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

Yesterday

First of all the WCR, then two exciting things.
    After what I think was a carb-induced high, he came down nicely this morning, and is his happy, chirpy self. A bit more congested, though, as he coughed last night. I'm giving him lysine and puffs of Flovent every day, but he still sounds moist. More about this in a sec. The 5 Ps are good.

Today is Donaleen's birthday, so Happy Birthday Donaleen!
    I hope you have a beautiful day with 99 Luftballoons and more xo
    [​IMG]

As for us, we are going to the vet today with Randi. She's been our real-life angel here, and has recommended her vet, who is wise and caring and listens. Randi's been so lovely and has offered to take us. The poor lady has no idea what she's in for, as one time when I was leaving my courtyard with River in his carrier, there was work being done on the street, and the guys working the jackhammer STOPPED because he was louder than they were. Truly amazing pipes on this boy. Anyway, it'll be nice to get a checkup for River and his brother, and have a new vet, and a new friend.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend. And hugs to Gus and Tigger.

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 10/12 River AMPS 115 *With Randi!*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DONALEEN!!!! Very lovely AMPS this morning, River! WTG!!!! That's a very cute short video, and thank you for sharing that. Hoping that River gives you a very nice :mrgreen: surf today!

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Very nice start for River! Love that video...lol. And yikes on River's pipes - louder than a jackhammer is quite powerful. Sending good vetty vines your way!!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope you have a good vetty visit and a good visit with Randi! I'm jealous. She's mentioned the possibility of coming to Chicago but it's not happened yet.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Randi and I have been talking about meeting in Plattsburgh for years, but somehow we never have gotten around to it. Maybe the three of us can get together at some point. Good luck with River's vetty appointment and Happy Birthday to Donaleen.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Ella & Rusty

6. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

:lol: Love the video :lol: And Happy Birthday Donaleen party_cat
    Lookin good there River Boy :mrgreen: Don't go to deep into the Lagoon, ders roks down der nailbite_smile Surf safe sweet boy cat_pet_icon
    Now for the stupid question :oops: Who's Randi :oops:
    Have a great Thanksgiving weekend Lara!

7. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Thats so nice of Randi!!! She is truly amazing and has been an angel to us too!

:lol: :lol: This soooooo sounds like Jupiter!!! He is really loud too!! But River might have him beat if they can hear him over a jackhammer!!! I always wind up the windows because people give me weird looks when they hear him... I always wonder what the must think... :lol: :lol:

Goodluck today and hope all goes well at the vet appt!

Happy Birthday to Donaleen :D

8. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Randi is AWESOME! ...you are in great hands!! Lucky you! And she knows all about dosing ladders and going up and down them. She may Farmsville you to death however..so prepare yourself!

Haven't visited your condo before but I'm a Randi fan and saw you are meeting so came to say 'Hi'. Hope ya'll have a good vetty visit.
    Oh and another thing...sometimes Randi goes to the vet and comes home with another cat...just letting you know.

betty and hank

9. Picknickchick

I'm laughing out loud at all these Randi comments, because yes, for sure you should be envious, because she is all that and more. I knew from the first moment that I liked her. She's sweet and petite, pretty, and beautiful inside as well. Wicked sense of humour, and had many kind things to say about many people here. As far as Farmsville goes, I think she found a good 12-step program :lol: Her recommended vet was really good as well, and I have Randi to thank for teaching the vet the TR protocol.

And she gave me this wonderful gift as well http://www.bd.com/us/diabetes/page.aspx?cat=7002&id=7420. I was going to order the magnifier that Liz had suggested, so right in the nick of time.

As for leaving the vet with extra cats, we brought a boatload with us, as I brought two and Randi brought one. It made for a super-festive time in the car.
    [​IMG]
    "Hey you kids in the back seat, keep it down."

Actually, Randi's cat was perfectly well-behaved and quiet, maybe because she was in shock at how noisy River was. Operatic.

I was getting worried about River's BG because his +2 was 56, so I decided to give him some MC Wellness Chicken with Lobster (11% carbs or around there) as I knew we'd be at the vet at his +4. Fortunately, he came up, but I was a bit antsy. He didn't care for the idea of a trip, because as I was putting him in the sherpa bag, he let loose and peed all over my jeans, and the towels in the bag. The poor dear - going to the vet is always associated with fear, so I hope today's trip reassured him a bit. But the stress brought him up to 214 by the time we got home.

Anyway, what a lovely lady that Randi is. So nice to have an FD pal in the 'hood.

10. Pam & Hoot

I guess I'll never know who Randi is :lol:

11. Picknickchick

No no, you will! I promise I'll PM you!

12. Pam & Hoot

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It is a measure of your friendship as to whether or not you changed your jeans before the vet visit!! (I find lining the carrier with pee pads helps enormously!)

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything went well with the new vet. Baby is so loud when I take her to the vet that I wear ear plugs. Otherwise is really hurts my ears. :lol:

Happy Birthday to Donaleen. :D

15. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

I'm with Pam: Who's Randi??? I know - I never get out enough, :roll:

Hope the vet trip had good news that was worth the wet pants - that River's pretty smart - he KNOWS what the carrier means!!! As for the vocals - is he Italian???

@ Sienne - thanks for the pee pad idea, mine do that too (plus Simon vomits AND poos, poor guy) & I've never thought of that - sheesh!

Congrats on the lagoon trip - of course it was right before the vet trip so you didn't get a good chance to surf it, but River does seem to be liking that dose range. Keep up the good work River!

Thanks, too for all the sweet healing vines & kind words for Tigger - we appreciate it & it's been needed.

16. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Same here... I don't know Randi, but she sounds like a wonderful person.
    It's so great to have someone around your area.
    (Watch out, Wendy! :lol: )

I hope the vet visit went well.
    Poor River, that he was sooo scared!
    But still, being louder than a jackhammer? River?

Nice numbers, Lara. :smile:
    Except the stress bounce, but that's reasonable!

17. Awesome that you have a new "diabetes buddy"!

I understand River and loud in the car. Bob is a bit vocal in the car too. The vet is about half an hour away, and he doesn't shut up all the way there. He's really sweet when he gets there though, and all the vets and techs love him. Then he starts again as soon as we start home. I used to just turn up the radio and sing along. Bob tried to sing along too, but he was horribly off key. And I figured the loud music was most likely bad for his ears. So my solution? I bring my Ipod and earbuds and crank it up. When I look at him hollering, I just convince myself he's lip-syncing. :D

If yesterday was a bounce, he sure got over it quick. If it was contraband, it went away pretty fast. I'm guessing tonight's PMPS was his reply to the 50s this morning. This too, shall pass. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.