? 10/14, Sprocket, why still in pinks?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darnell & Sprocket (GA), Oct 13, 2018.

1. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Please view his spreadsheet.
    Wondering this:
    he came down to 2.5u but kept dropping and earning reductions so I go down to 2.25u.
    That didnt stick. Went up slowly as he was going in 100s.
    Then I go back up to 2.5u. he was surfing a little and now past 3 days he wont drop. He has been flat for 2 cycles.
    ???
    suggestions for reasons why this is?
    Does he really need a higher dose again? He was doing so well.
    Or maybe just a boost dose of a little more?

Thanks

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I am wondering if he went lower on the PM cycle of 10/12, He was flat yellow that day and then he popped up the next morning.

Have you considered doing TR then you wouldn't be reducing until he goes under 50. You do test enough to be able to follow TR. That last reduction on 9/28 was marginally 90 . Just a thought, you would be able to get him into better numbers faster and keep him there.

ETA: Also, you are switching up the dose to frequent and that makes it hard to know what the dose is doing for him. For instance, on the PM cycle of 9/29 you dropped his dose to 2.37 and only held that for 3 cycles and then you reduced him to 2.25 on 9/30 AM. Not sure why you reduced? He was just starting to get back into some nice blues. \

You have held the dose of 2.5 for 8 days. It's time for an increase. And I would give a full .25 unit increase. Save the micro dosing for when he is better regulated and you need some fine tuning.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just as an observation, I am having a very difficult time reading your spreadsheet. With all of the comments re. food in the middle of the cycle, it's hard to see a full cycle, let alone a day across a line without having to change my settings and even when I reduce the size, I can't see a day.

I agree with Bobbie. I think Sprocket needs more insulin. A cat's insulin needs can vary. I wouldn't get "stuck" on the amount -- your cat needs whatever the amount is that's needed to get numbers where you want them.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Hi, on 10/12 he had gone up after pmps so i didnt bother test again. Its possible but doubtful. He will usually drop by +5 to show if I should test again or not.

9/30 amps was a BCS I think, I was probably cranky n tired n thought he would drop while i was sleeping.

9/19 reduced to 2.25u because of his 37 bg on 9/18.

3 days later I could see it wasnt working so raised to 2.37u on 9/22.

9/27 did one dose of 2.5u. it seems to give him a boost n did well for a little longer.

10/5 increased to 2.5 because I wasnt seeing much 100s.

Now kinda wondering why he is stuck in 300s. Scary.

He was doing so well.
    I hope he is not being sensitive to my frustration because my vehicle is dying fast & looking for newer one.

I am confused as you said I should do TR which I cant really do but I am not reducing him until under 50 and then said I was changing doses too much.

TR changes doses every 3 days or 6 cycles right?

I have noticed he doesnt balance well on a dose till about day 7.
    But he hasnt stayed up like this in a while.
    its scary.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You evaluate the dose every 6 cycles with TR if nadirs are over 200 or every every 10 cycles if under 200.

6. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

7. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

274 pmps!
    Finally out of pink!!

8. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

159 at +4.4!!!
    Yeah!!!:joyful: