10/14 Zener's supplies; Lantus and calipers spoken for

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Zener GA, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Hello LL,

Today we are mourning the one week date of Zener's crossing the Rainbow Bridge. The weather here today was warm and sunny with no wind. A perfect day for yard patrol and naps in the sun. We can hardly go in the backyard right now, it makes us so sad. We are so thankful to all the loving and kind wishes, thoughts and prayers we have received from Zener's LL aunties and fans. We had no idea so many watched out for him. We are so grateful to you all.

We are in the process of going through all his supplies. We have been able to donate much of his fud and some supplies to our local no kill shelter and to local cat friends. Below is a list of what we have left and if anyone would like anything, please send a PM with your address and we will gladly box it up and send to you.

1 Lantus pen (new, never used)
    Electronic digital calipers for micro dosing
    3 Arkray 0-1 mini glucometers (similar to the Relion meters - the Arkray is from American Diabetes Wholesale http://www.adwdiabetes.com
    8 B Braun IV administration sets - B series (works only with B Braun LRS bags)

I'm not exactly sure how we will get the lantus pen shipped, but I'm sure we can think of something!

Anne

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/14 Zener's supplies

thinking about you and Liz, Anne. We found it healing to give away punkin's supplies and know they were helping other sweet kitters. I hope you do too. :YMHUG:

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

As did I. it was great to think so many benefited from what Mannie left behind...

I hope you guys are doing OK. I think of you, and Zener daily. Hugs to all.

4. Anne & Zener GA

We have a taker on the Lantus pen. Any advice on shipping Lantus?

Anne

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/14 Zener's supplies; shipping lantus?

Hi guys,
    I'm sure that there is a fine black cat enjoying his yard just like always. You may not see him, but he is there. Do go out and join him!

When I have shipped insulin I make sure the pen has been in the 'fridge and is still cold. Then wrap it in a few pieces of newspaper (a great insulator), some bubble wrap (the kind with the small bubbles), and put the whole thing into a small box. Wrap a flexible cold compress (fresh from the freezer) around the small box, wrap the box in newspaper or a paper bag, and put the whole thing into a shipping box. This should be sufficient. Just don't let the cold compress come in contact with the pen!

Sending lots of hugs to you both and scritches to Tillie,

Ella & Rusty

p.s. Thanks for visiting us! My new pack is a Deuter Fox 30 and it is actually possible to adjust the length of the back (important for me because I have a very short torso).

6. Anne & Zener GA

Re: 10/14 Zener's supplies; shipping lantus?

Thank you Ella, this is exactly what I will do!

We also have a taker for Zener's calipers. So, still have three Arkray meters, and the Bbraun IV administration kits.

Anne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.