? 10/15 Cleo AMPS=329 +1.5=336 +5=131 +6=113 +7=100 +9.5=174 PMPS=257 +3=315 Question: out for dinner

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Delia, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delia

Delia Member

Yesterday

Hi everyone,
    Cleo is clearing bounces pretty fast, isn't it? I know she isn't hitting green, but it is just because I break the cycles with food, because I've fear that she went too low when I'm not at home.

Tomorrow I need to go out for dinner, I cannot shoot because at shot time I can't be at home. So I will come home a little earlier and fill the feeder, but what about insulin? Can you teach me how 18 hours cycles work? Can I shoot when I'll come back to home in the night? And what about the food? I think I will feed her at pm +11 and then set the feeder at +12 +13 +14 +15. Then if I go to home at +6 for example, should I shoot without feeding? Sorry if I explained so bad :(

Cleo is very good, she seems stronger and happier :) I'm very sorry to skip tomorrow's shot, but a friend of mine (a collegue) leave her job for a new one and I have to go to her party and wish her a very good luck :)

Thank you in advance

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

With the 18 hour you skip her PMPS and shoot six hours after that. Then you skip the morning shot and shoot the usual PMPS the next day. If you shoot when you get home you would shoot 11 1/2 - 12 hours later and work your way back a half hour a day until you are at the time you want. I hope that makes sense.

Delia likes this.
  3. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Yup. I have to do some dancing with Polly's shot time tomorrow because I will be gone at her regular time. I can do an 18/18 (5:30 am, 11:30 pm, 5:30 pm) and be back on track. Or shoot late tomorrow night and then be back with 12 hour intervals, slowly working my way back to her normal time in 15 minute intervals with each subsequent shot.

I'll probably go with the late shot since I'm home all the time and slowly shifting her shot time back to normal is easy for me.

Enjoy your time out!

Glad to hear Cleo's feeling well.

Marilyn and Polly

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

You should definitely go to your friend's party! Cleo will be ok and will get on track again quickly.

Let's say you normally shoot at 6am/pm. With the 18 hr cycle that Elise is describing, you would shoot tomorrow morning at 6am, then again at midnight tomorrow night.

You would skip the next morning shot and shoot at 6pm that day. So you have 2 cycles that are 18 hours long instead of 3 cycles that are 12 hours long.

Another option would be to just skip tomorrow evening's shot and shoot the next morning on time. That means one 24 hour cycle, and the rest back to usual.

For food, it depends on which of the plans you decide to do. As always, you want most of her meal to be with her shot.

Yet one more option is to shoot when you get home. Let's say you got home at 10pm - 4 hours later than you normally would shoot. If you wanted to shoot then, you'd be 4 hours late on your schedule and the next day you could shoot at 9:30am. That night would be 9:30pm. The following morning you could shoot at 9am. That system works you back on schedule 30 minutes per day. It can take a while to get done with that. I was 3 hours late one time and about the 3rd day, I gave up and just skipped a shot so I could get back on schedule. Because Punkin loved his food on time and 3 hours late meant he had to complain for that entire 3 hours. Then the next day he complained for 2.5 hours. It was hysterically funny and pathetic at the same time. So much so that I made a video of him doing it, lol. He travelled around the coffee table appealing to me, my husband and my daughter, asking each one of us to please feed him now.

Now just for kicks, I had to go find that video. Here ya go, Delia - the pitfalls that might happen if you try to delay her shot (and food!)

5. Delia

Delia Member

Thank you to all. Usual shot time is at 8.00 pm so if I go home before 2.00 am I can do 18/18.
    I can' shoot late because I don't think I will be at home before 12, and it would take me too much days to get on track again.

Julie, your video is very funny, Cleo also want her food on time. I think I'll give her some of her food at 8.00 pm and the other at shot time. She will complain like Punkin :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.