10/17 River AMPS:349 +2:283 +4:239 +7:250

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Picknickchick, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

Yesterday

All 5 Ps, still a bit snoozy, but not so thirsty anymore. I can tell he's feeling better because he's sleeping in a very relaxed, open body position.
    He gets 2 puffs of Flovent every morning at +2 for his asthma, and 2 lysine chews at +2 in the evening for his upper respiratory on-and-off problem, which is currently on.

I was thinking about what Suzanne said yesterday, as I found this helpful, and wonder if this is something I should do in the future. I'm certainly considering it...

...as so far River has twice earned a decrease with 3 units. What I will do is not give him a decrease until he does, as Marje says:

And then if he doesn't do well on a .25 decrease, do a partial increase, so a scant 3, somewhere between 3.00 and 2.74. I could draw 3 and express a drop, for example.

Best wishes for a beautiful day to everybody!

2. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Re: 10/17 River AMPS:349 +2:283 +4:239

Hi Lara,
    I am so glad to hear that River is feeling better today.
    I love it when Lucy sleeps in an open body position too, because it indicates to me that she's at least not in pain.
    Good luck with fine-tuning River's dose.
    I hope the partial dose adjustment and/or the 3 times method will give River a chance to stay within the healing range for a longer days.

Lucy has been going back and forth mostly between 0.75 and 1 unit too.
    I don't mind as long as she feels good and also because she stays mostly within a good range whatever dose she's on.
    I understand that it's hard when your kitty doesn't feel well due to high numbers.
    I really hope that River decides soon that bouncing isn't so fun and surfing is better.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad River is doing better today. Sometimes tweaking the dose if the way to go. Furball kept going back and forth between two doses and I had to adjust to a dose in between them. Good luck finding a good dose for River.

4. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone else - whatever works, whatever that is ! :lol: :lol: Tigger hit an all-time hi today of 545 :shock: after a low of 132, so I'll try anything at this point.
    Will FD take bribes??????

Seriously, I'm glad River's feeling better - that's the important thing.

I think alot of members do the partial increase, but its usually recommended for kitties that have been on insulin longer than River or Tigger. You would probably want to get more input before making a final decision.

5. Picknickchick

Thanks, Suzanne, I will. It's just good to know that other options exist, so that I have some mental ammo for what's to come. I like knowing what the options are and analyzing them, so that I'm equipped to make better decisions.

I'm sorry to hear about the mega-bounce! You deserve to catch a break, so I hope it's just around the corner.

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I just think of it as a moving target. :roll: I'm glad River is feeling good. :D :D Are you a fan of Lynda Lemay? She's my favorite.
    Liz

7. Picknickchick

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Très bien! :D
    Liz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.