10/18/18 Olive AMPS 250; +7=115; PMPS 275; +5=85; +8=91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Cats and I are out in car for next 3 hrs. House is being fogged. We were waiting for the asian beetle attack which happens at this time but they didn't and its getting cold so we went ahead with fog.

DH went food shopping. I am taking in the deck boxes so at least that will be done.

Will catch up tonight with everyone.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Olive surfs safely today. Good luck with the fogging.

3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I'm curious ,how do your cats react in the car? Years ago had had 2 that loved to go in the car (they were Loose so one would go by the back window & the other by the front window not very safe, I know)
    The 3 I have now have always hated the car. Especially Ravan he yowls like he's being tortured! They only go if it's very important ,to the vet.

Have a great day! :)

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

What a fun day (?) you have planned! It's a good thing Olive is such a good passenger. How are your other kitties in the car?

Hope the fogging was successful.

Hugs and scritches,

5. Olive & Paula

Back in the house. Airing it out. Of course it's in the low 40's. Had a touch of snow overnight. I raked the drive way, got the deck boxes dumped and put in shed. Each cat was in a carrier in the car. They just sat there. Every so often Olive would move around. Rather boring 3 hours.

When going to vet 2 cry at first but settle down. No one makes a sound on the way home.

6. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

You are at least getting some things accomplished. I was surprised to see that you had snow already, even a touch is too much!
    The phrase "asian beetle attack" kind of alarmed me. That sounds rather scary!
    Boring day for the puddies, but they were safe, most important.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a little adventure today! What the heck did you do in the car for 3 hours with the kitties???

I had to fog once when we had a flea invasion, ugh...... at least it was in the summer and I could put the kitties in carriers and take to the barn.

Snow!??? We are going below freezing tonight. I harvested the rest of my habaneros and jalapenos and made pepper jelly last night. They didn't set up, so I have 4 pints of habanero sauce. Pork chops anyone?

8. Idjit's mom

"4 pints of habanero sauce. Pork chops anyone?" Thank you for the belly laugh, I am deeply appreciative.

9. Olive & Paula

The Asian beetles (hundreds of them) look like lady bugs, swarm and cover the outside of the house normally in October looking to get in for the winter. They do get in, you can't feel them when they land on you, clothes, hair, they are all over the doors, windows, siding. Then we spend all winter killing them in the house. Because of all the rain, this year we seem to have tiny little gnat like bugs on the wall with the sliders in the corners. I hung insect strips in each corner and they are full. And this year lots of big fat spiders. So that's why I fogged hopefully to get rid of all these critters. Also why my kits get year round treatment, Never know what we will get in the house.

10. Olive & Paula

We were below freezing last night. I didn't sit in it the whole time, just when my back needed a break. I emptied out my deck rail planters, raked the driveway (150 ft, 2 car wide, gravel), picked my carrots. My garlic is coming up yeah!!!!! When in car played suduko on my phone.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  11. Idjit's mom

Well, I certainly hope the fogging works for you. You have quite enough to deal with, without an insect invasion.

12. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

We had a run on those Asian beetles for a couple of years here. They are nasty. Didn't see any this year (yet?). We get an invasion of what I call snap beetles - they are long and slender, black and have a hard shell - anywhere from 1/2 - 1" long. When they fall on their backs the snap their tails to "right" themselves. They get into everything. I hate them. We had a few this year but not nearly what we have had in the past.

Hope the kitties enjoyed their outing today. I can't believe you have had snow already. We had our first cool front push through last Sunday and it is still here - really nice despite the rain.

13. Olive & Paula

At night when watching tv I sit with fly swatter in hand. At least my kitchen got a spring cleaning today. I cleaned it more than I needed to today. I relined the shelves since cabinets were empty.

It will look good for insurance agent tomorrow. Agent is going to go over all plan options for my dad. It's been a busy few days.

14. Idjit's mom

Don't forget to take care of yourself, you need a little rest now and then.
    upload_2018-10-18_15-37-7.jpeg

15. Olive & Paula

I can sit now. Olive had a mani, didn't get the pedi she was fussing to much.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  16. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had a long but productive day!
    What colour are Olive's nails now? :smuggrin: