10/18 Tomcat PMPS 162, +3=102, +5=127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=106087

Hello LL,

Well I think it is dose increase time again.....Darn it! Tom's number have been a teeny tiny bit better with his last increase 9 CYCLES ago....but still not normal Tom values.

I have tried everything I can think of to find out WTH is going on? WHAT HAPPENED?!!! I have a caliper, I bought new syringes, I tried to feed more often, less often, never feed 4% or higher (which is very limiting for a picky cat!), kept the same shot site AM/PM, I even convinced myself it was a bad insulin vial, even though it was barely a month old. So I went and bought another vial......and still no magical solution there. <sigh>

I only have one conclusion left with: TOMCAT!! I have tried to just relax and realize there is only so much that is in my control....and believe it not....a nice peace came over me after I figured that out. either that I am just worn out from frantic emotions and obsessing over every value! it is amazing how ONE number on a meter can really control your entire mood/day!

He continues with high numbers (for him), inverted curves, moving nadirs, sometimes post shot food spikes, sometimes no post shot food spikes and higher PM cycles. But he feels very good with a great appetite .....so I just concentrate on that.

QUESTION:

I am not sure if I am even supposed to increase according to protocol (?)......but I would like to

1. how much should I increase? a fat or .25?

thank you all so much........I trust my experts!

~kelly

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 10/18 Tomcat AMPS 132, +2=153, +5=116, +8=129 DOSE?

I think you could try a f1.25. It's up to you.
    My experience with J.D. is that one drop in dose makes a difference. I would think you would want to ease Tomcat into the greens, not push him down.
    I know how you feel about one number determining your mood for the day. ;-)

3. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Re: 10/18 Tomcat PMPS 162, +3=102, +5=127 DOSE?

***Dyana: I like the way you worded that......a nice ease is what I want....so I will increase a fat. THANK YOU!!

~kelly

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the increase. I hope it's the drop he needs. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.