10/20/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=181, +3=193, +4.5=166

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Oct 20, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

10/19

AMPS=152

Happy Caturday!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice blue!

3. LizzieInTexas

He got his epogen shot last night which usually makes him run a bit higher so I was excited with the AMPS. I hope we see a touch of green soon. Would be nice to get him back on track.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. I hope he heads down and surfs today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice start there.

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh boo to that +3! Does he usually stay high for a while after the epogen shot or does he come down relatively quickly? I hope he comes down for you, or at least doesn't go any higher!

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, you give Gizmo his epogen shot yourself , correct ? I have a civvie vet is talking ab starting on epogen if food and SQs don’t lower his CRE... may have some questions after vetty visit on Tuesday . Happy Caturday to you too:bighug:

8. LizzieInTexas

He should start coming down this afternoon and back to normal numbers tomorrow- usually about 24 hours. If he is having a good, low cycle the numbers don't spike up as bad. It is a mystery to me why it (epogen) causes the rise in BY.

Never heard of it being given for high CRE. Gizmo is on it for anemia (and doing well on it).

Ask away. It is kinda expensive. I get it through thrivingpet.com. It has to be shipped on ice, overnight priority and if not handled with care and kept cold it will deteriorate. I usually order 3-4 viles at a time because you pay the special shipping fee ($25) no matter what quantity. One vile is appx 4 doses of 20 units. There is a build up period and then maintenance dosing. Check the comments on Gizmo's ss. Gizmo is on maintenance of 1-20U/week. You will need 100U insulin syringes and get them with a thicker/stiffer needle. The vile rubber top (I don't know what it is called) is very firm/hard. Epogen is thick and stings going in. Getting to room temperature (1-2 hours after draw) and shooting in the scruff helps.

9. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=181

History:
    AMPS=152, +3=205, +5=200, +11=152

10. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lizzie ! It is for anemia ...they just splat it all out there so quickly I wasn’t clear. Calling on Monday before his Tuesday appointment . Talked ab entering him in some research project?? Not enuf info given quickly . If he does need it thanks for the injecting tip to help it not sting :)