10/20 Ants AMPS 5.8

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Riin, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Riin

Riin Member

Seems like the numbers are getting better and better. I have to get syringes with a half dose markings. They are not sold in pharmacy shops, perhaps at the vets.

Sharon14 likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Ants' numbers do look very good!

It's unlikely that your vet will have the syringes you need. Most of us buy syringes online. I believe BD is a syringe manufacturer that distributes worldwide. You may need to do an internet search to see where to find syringes.

I'm tagging @Gill & George who's in Spain and she may have more information on where to purchase online.

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I'm definitely jealous of how pretty Ants' spreadsheet is looking! Best of luck with the syringe search! Those half-unit markings are a lifesaver!

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi there I get the U100 syringes from my pharmacy in Spain, when I first spoke to them they didn't have any, but I took the information in to them and they were able to find them.
    As Lantus is a human insulin you may have more luck at the pharmacy than at the vet.
    The syringes here in eurEur seem to just be the BD brand.

We had members in Finland and Slovenia that ordered from the UK be side it was cheaper.
    They used this site.

https://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-...-0-3ml-u100-insulin-syringes-box-of-100-p-296

Have a look on amazon.de search for be micmicrofine plus demi u100, it is these that have the 0.5u markings.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

5. Riin

Riin Member

Thanks, guys. I managed to find a vet place that has the 0.5 marking syringes. They said they specially order them for diabetic cats :) Yayyyyyyyyy!!! They are closed tomorrow, so I have to wait until Monday. But who knows, perhaps my regular vet has them also :)

Gill & George likes this.