10/20 Loudogg AMPS 141 +3 292 PMPS 216 - Question about SEB dosage

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

October 18, 2018 Condo

Good morning all,
    Lou had a really good night last night, but I have a feeling he'll bounce today. I find myself not really posting as much lately. Part of it is because of the loss we've experienced around the board recently. But part of it just seems to be Lou's weird BGs lately. He'll go up in high numbers for seemingly no reason, take forever to come back down to lower numbers, and peak at odd/random times. Obviously something is up with him, as he spends a stupid amount of time in high numbers. I'm really hoping beyond hope that it's a tooth issue that will be resolved when he has his dental in 2.5 weeks. Other than the wonky numbers, he seems perfectly happy.

I'm hoping to get some things done around the house. We still aren't completely settled in and I need to do some unpacking and cleaning this weekend. Excepting today, we're experiencing some warmth here, so I want to take advantage and get the garage cleared out for parking cars.

I hope you all have a wonderful Caturday and your kitties stay safe. Sending vines to all those kitties and beans in need. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Lou just threw up after eating his +3 meal. Ugh. I have the SEB, but I haven't started using it yet (wishful thinking and a bit of forgetful nelly). There's so much info on the boards about SEB, which makes it hard to search for what I need. Can someone let me know how it's dosed? I think the basics I've found is about a teaspoon or so of SEB and a teaspoon of water mixed together. Is that right? How often do I give? With food or without? Every day, twice a day? Do you do it on occasion or should I plan on doing this long-term?

3. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I have given the slurry over food but Gizmo won't eat food with it any longer so I syringed it last time I gave it.

If you are giving any oral meds make sure the SEB is 2 hours away (before or after) from them. SEB inhibits absorption of meds.

5. LizzieInTexas

I use marshmallow root vs. SEB but prep is the same. I mix 1/8 teaspoon with enough hot water to dissolve and mix with stir stick till it thickens. I use a small ramekin.

6. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

What are either one of them used for.

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

They can help with digestive issues, including nausea and vomiting. Lou's been vomiting on occasion in the morning, so I'm going to try it and see if it helps.

8. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I need to look into that, Buddy has problems with both, but not nothing like he used to have. He is taking Hemp chews twice a day and that really helped him. This week he had a distemper shot and that really set things off again.

9. LizzieInTexas

How long in between last food at night and AMPS? For AM frothy throw up (stomach acid) try and give with last PM meal or before you go to bed.

10. Amanda and a Loudogg

Generally 3-4 hours at most. Caleb feeds him before he goes to bed. He doesn't puke up foam or froth. He eats, and then throws up right after, so it's all liquid. Obviously, there could possibly be some foam mixed in there, but nothing super obvious over the gross brown on my carpet, haha. But I agree with you, I think giving it to him before bed during the PM cycle would be a good place to start. Thanks Lizzie!

11. LizzieInTexas

I misunderstood. Sorry. Stomach acid throw up is usually in the AM and frothy/foamy.