10/21 Butthead anniversary, Donovan update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=50516

Today marks 5 months since Butthead left :cry:
    I did not post at 4 months. It just was not a good time, for various reasons. And there has been so so much... too much... sadness here on FDMB and LL recently that I wasn't sure if I should post now, but something urged me to share Butthead with you, so I will do that. I feel your pain and pray and mourn with you all.

A couple of days ago I was looking through my camera's memory cards for photos of Donovan for the FDMB calendar, and I found the video of Butthead eating baby food. I stopped and watched the whole thing, and smiled and cried. What a precious soul. For those who haven't seen it yet, and for those who are new here, I hope you enjoy this.

[youtube]UohYgspNRmk[/youtube]

Donovan: well, he blew his OTJ green streak recently by stealing civvie treats. It is incredible how he can sniff out and scarf up stray contraband kibble. He is a hard-core crack addict, even with barely any teeth left. I'm testing him twice a week now, Mondays and Fridays PM.

Again, please know that even though I am still not up to posting much, I keep up with as many condos as I can. You are all in my thoughts.

MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

2. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Smiles and tears here as well, MJ...
    Da Butthead was such a precious guy.
    I love his videos.

We truly miss your inimitable humor and your wonderful furkid posts...
    but totally understand...heartbreak is so slow healing...

Love that Cap'n Donovan is a Contrabandanista! We've always had such a special place in our hearts
    for you and your babies...Binks would be proud to know he and Donny are kindred spirits in the search for serious carbs!

Much love from the Binkster and me, and big hugs and chin scritches to the Cap'n...

celi & binks

3. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Butthead was truly a special soul, MJ... one that is deeply missed but not forgotten here. I know the kids are all looking forward to the halloween party, where they'll be celebrating with their friends beyond the veil. So glad to hear that MJ continues to do well (or at least, when he's staying out of the contraband!). It always brings a smile when you drop in to check on Willie and I... I hope all continues to go well for you! ((hugs)) from us!!

4. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Butthead was, and always will be, the most magnetic cat. I don't know what it was about him, but I instantly fell in love with him. I still watch his videos, even though I know I'll cry. How proud you must be to know Butthead meant so much to so many!!

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i think the same thing - there was something very special about Butthead's soul. We could all tell - he was different, and we all loved him. thanks for sharing him again with us. i love his videos, and the baby food one is my favorite.

thanks for keeping up with us - it always means a lot to me when you post.

heehee on captain donovan and his contraband! silly boy! i feel the same way about carbs - they call my name. julie julie yummy crunchies . . .

hugs to you, mj!

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

what a great video - such a precious soul, yes he was. I really love the videos. I cannot believe that it has been 5 months since we all lost him. He touched us all, not to be forgotten.

And Donovan: no kibble for you! it is funny how they can find it, no matter where it is.

Hugs to all MJ. I hope you are doing well.

7. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

MJ I so wish you were closer to me.

This is the video that I think of when I think of Butthead. I will always remember him eating baby food and he makes me smile from ear to ear. Butthead refilled my heart every time I read about him and saw him - and still does. Thank you for sharing him.

I wish I could take away your pain.

Someone sent me a link to these and I'm going to get one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cremation-P...860?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaf441b54

Big hugs to you.

8. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi MJ!

Oh that Butthead was such a sweetie! He sure loved his baby food didn't he. Cute and precious video! I can imagine the emotions that you went through watching it. My heart is with you and I am glad that these memories also bring a smile to your face. You were an awesome mom to Butthead. I can feel the love.

Now that Donny boy sure knows what he wants and how to get it. I guess he keeps you on your toes. :smile:

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a sweet boy! There is no question he loves his baby food and he loves being on video!

I hope all is healing for you and for Donovan. I'm sure you both miss Butthead's physical presence even if he's still in your hearts.

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ))))
    I can't tell you how special it is to watch Butthead's baby-food video on his 5-month anniversary (can it really be 5 months?). Thank you so much for sharing him with us. That video is my favorite. He will always have a great, big place in the hearts of everyone here in LL.

Donny will have to be watched, that's for sure. Kibble is a powerful enemy!! We need a squad of LL Kitty Kibble Busters!

Thank you again so much for remembering Stu on his anniversary. And Rusty is really enjoying his new toys, especially the butterfly wand.

Wishing you and Donny a fine Caturday and remembering your sweet Butthead on his anniversary.

Many :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: s

Ella & Rusty (and Chef Stu, who will be manning the kitchen at the Bridge when all the LL kitties and their GA pals party together on Halloween. Perhaps Butthead will provide him with a menu suggestion.)

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Crying tears with you, feeling your heart is so heavy today, but the beautiful baby on that video says
    how much he loved you..For your loving care, for your hurting heart, for your kindness here & to me, that is something I must Thank you for..Please dont buy that cat necklace, you are going to receive one as I sent it out this am..It is as close to Butthead as I could get--
    Celebrate his Life today, you still have Donny to care for, us to help, and yourself--Praying your heart will be full again soon..Love you-Comforting Hugs from Me DH & Moonie

12. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you MJ, for sharing Butthead with us again - what a joy to see him. Glad Donovan's doing well - you can definitely add Muffin to the list of carb-maniacs! :lol:

13. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

I did remember his anniversary....we miss him here for sure....I can imagine how much you miss him...

i sent you a pm yesterday...not sure you got it...

sending you big cyber hugs from us Canucks (Rocket and myself ;-) )

ps...I keep the little candle you sent me close by where Rocket sleeps on his heated bed....thank you sooo much...

i too pray for you even if i don't post often...

14. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a precious video! Yes, smiles and tears. I know how much you miss your sweet boy. We had Blackie's 8 month anniversary on the day Linda lost Teddy. :cry: Thank you for sharing that video. Treasure your memories.

Please give Donovan a scritch and a hug from me. No more kiibble, please.

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

just such a beautiful and cute video of Butthead (((((MJ))))))

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((MJ))) Thank you for sharing Butthead's baby food video again.....I love watching him eat his baby food. There is no doubt what a very special, incredible boy he was. I hope you have felt his spirit near you lately.

Yes...we definitely miss you and all your wonderful, funny posts but the grieving process cannot be rushed and we each have to travel our own road.

I hope Donny stays out of the contraband and his numbers get down and stay down.

Thinking of you and wishing you peace.

17. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Wonderful video, thanks for sharing it. Butthead certainly was a good subject for videos. He was a very special boy and will not be forgotten. Donovan, not more contraband K? Continued healing vines to you MJ.

18. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I have missed Butthead videos so much! Like everyone else has said, there was something about him that was special. Such a gentle spirit. I can't believe it has already been 5 months. Thanks for sharing.

19. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your comments and messages to me. I'm deeply touched by your continued support for me and Butthead and Donovan. I don't feel quite so alone in my sadness and grief. If I find some Butthead videos that I have not posted here, I will be sure to share them. I am so happy that you all fell in love with him too. I only wish you had gotten a chance to meet him in person, or know him longer, before he was ill :-|

Jan and Sara asked about the Butthead rose earlier, and then edited the post.
    This is a photo of the 2nd Butthead rose to bloom, taken on Sept 3.
    [​IMG]

It pains me to say it, but shortly after the rose was done blooming, the leaves turned pale and dried up and fell off :sad:. I don't know what happened to cause it, or if it's still alive and will send out new growth again later (never tried to grow a rose indoors before). I ordered another Butthead rose before it was too cold to ship, and received it a few weeks ago. If I can't manage to keep it growing I will have to investigate some other kind of houseplant or perennial. I need to think of something that reminds me of Butthead.

For those who haven't been following the cookie raffle thread, here's a short video I posted there of Donny and civvie Daffy playing with the butterfly toy:
    [youtube]rdAK9A_rlOQ[/youtube]

continued love and prayers to you all,
    MJ&Donovan&Butthead's spirit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.