10/26 Homeopathy for itching- (are tablets ok for diabetics?)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Asrael, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Hi everyone
    I hope you are well- We are good here- Trouble is still in remission (fingers crossed- have to test him this week), but he has had some weird itching going on. No fleas (and we dosed him with flea medicine), no rash, no scabs, no nothing.. Its in an area of his body he can't reach because of his 3 leggedness and its always been a sensitive spot, but its really bugging him lately. His stump goes crazy and he tries to reach it or rubs it on the chair or pillow, he goes nuts when we itch it (gets glazed eyes).. It's like an itch that can never be scratched enough.

We have been in touch with the vet.. and she said to give it some time, that she wouldn't prescribe steriods but could prescribe metacam (NO) or perhaps an anti depressant depending what it was. Anyways- we will give it one more week- he is eating fine, happy and purring just has this itch.

We did think we would try some homeopathy- and my only concern was. in a 30 cc tablet.. is there too much sugar there to set his diabetes off? We would give 2 tablets a day. (or maybe 4 if we try to remedies)

We are wondering if it is a nerve thing- related to not having his limb.. or something to do with his nervous system.

I understand not everyone believes in homeopathy-and I respect that, Idon't want this thread to turn into a question on whether its good or bad, we will be careful and safe with it..

I am more interested in the sugar aspect of the tablets.

Thanks so much!
    Asrael

2. Debbie in Arkansas

Debbie in Arkansas Member

I'm new at this so I'm sure others can help more but I know diabetic people have nerve related issues so you may be able to go on Amazon and find some kind of homeopathic remedies especially for diabetics so you would know about the sugar content. That's great that he is in remission! I hope he stays that way:)

Asrael likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I had a three leg cat once, so I know what you’re talking about. I used an oatmeal spray and brushing several times a day. Seemed to help, but I’m interested to see if anyone has other ideas.

Asrael likes this.
  4. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

@Sharon14 It's great to hear that you had noticed this with your 3 legged cat- It was always there- its just intensified this last month.. And its weird.. It's not constant, but enough we are noticing and enough we called the vet... He has been 3 legged for 4 years.. and is getting older (14) so wondering if its just old age?

@Debbie in Arkansas thanks for your insight- I will look online- I know for people diabetics the sugar in the pellets aren't too much- even up to 20 a day they can have (I looked) its just harder to know for a diabetic cat! And yes- this is his 3rd remission- 6 months so far.. Fingers crossed this itching doesn't pull him out :)

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hi Asrael ! Great to hear from you and Trouble :)As to sugar content of homeopathic pellets, Elmo has taken a remedy 3x a week for past 9 months and it has not affected his numbers at all . He takes Nux Vomica 30c.

Asrael likes this.
  6. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Hi Beth,
    Thanks for your response:) Just to clarify- you are giving Elmo- one dose of 30 c 3 times a week (so 3 tablets a week)? I can start there instead of daily dosing- and see what happens! So glad that its helping Elmo and that he is still OTJ! I so appreciate you responding- :) Trouble is great just tested him yesterday and got a 90 :) YAY, and the itching has been better- wondering if it was fleas he was really sensitive too (he was itching a week after the medication)... time will tell!

Thank you!

7. Beth 73

You r welcome , Asrael !! Recently he received Nux Vomica 30c twice a day for two weeks when we suspected a stomach virus but routinely gets a dose once a day 3 times a week. . We consult a homeopathic vet by phone for guidance . Been consulting with her for over 20 years . Invaluable !!! Hope Trouble stops His itching very soon !!!

Asrael likes this.
  8. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Perfect!

Thank you so much- also.. do you know if your homeopathic vet accepts new clients? May be worth connecting with her:)

Thank you again so much! and so glad Elmo is doing so well!

:bighug:

9. Beth 73

Her website is drpatbradley.com where you can read about her practice :) She is a DVM who is also trained to treat animals homeopathically .

10. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Thank You- She looks amazing :)

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Beth 73

She really is !! Not cheap tho but has helped me so much especially as my fur kids have aged. She is very easy to talk to , warm, kind and full of common sense plus great knowledge both in allopathic and holistic areas. Don’t know what I’d do without her :bighug:

Asrael likes this.
  12. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Our regular vets aren't cheap either but they have messed up before- (mis diagnosed Trouble's diabetes) and then the new one (same clinic) is very nice.. but just not in touch with the holistic side of things.. When I talked to her she just didn't know where to go with the itching, and I know homeopathic can help. Will keep Dr Bradley in my mind if our self diagnosis doesn't work- she sounds great- and love that she can do phone consults.. The boys are worth every penny:) Thanks so much for all this help!

13. Beth 73

You are so welcome :) Just thot of two books u may already be familiar with that I also rely on heavily : Natural Cat by Anitra Frazier and Natural Health for Dogs and Cats by Dr Pitcairn. These are my main go-To’s .

Asrael likes this.
  14. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Thanks so much @Beth 73 _ I am familiar with ANitra Fraziers's book, but will look for Dr. Pitcairns- :):bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.