10/4 Tess AMPS~175 +3~152 +5~82 +7~177 +10~332 R PMPS~271 +3~295 pooping issues

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tess's previous condo
    10/2 RECAP:
    AMPS~173
    fed 1 oz 1% NV Chicken - Raw, 65 kcal/oz, 116mg phos/100kcal., .375u (.56mm) Lev, Total-Zymes/Total-Biotics
    +3~251 fed .5 oz 6% Drs Foster & Smith Trout & Brown Rice, 36kcal/oz, 245mg phos/100kcal
    +5~161 fed .5 oz 6% Drs Foster & Smith Trout & Brown Rice, 36kcal/oz, 245mg phos/100kcal
    +10~42 fed .25 oz 6% Drs Foster & Smith Trout & Brown Rice, 36kcal/oz, 245mg phos/100kcal
    +11~66
    PMPS~75 fed 1 oz 2% RadCat Lamb - Raw, 52 kcal/oz, 140mg phos/100kcal., . 375u (.56mm) Lev,Total-Zymes/Total-Biotics
    +3~135 fed .5 oz 6% Drs Foster & Smith Trout & Brown Rice, 36kcal/oz, 245mg phos/100kcal,
    +5~125 fed .5 oz 6% Drs Foster & Smith Trout & Brown Rice, 36kcal/oz, 245mg phos/100kcal
    +6.5~156
    +10~132
    AMPS~173 fed 1 oz 1% NV Chicken - Raw, 65 kcal/oz, 116mg phos/100kcal., . 375u (.56mm) Lev, Total-Zymes/Total-Biotics

Good Morning LL! :coffee: :coffee: Thank you, Vanessa! Tess is feeling off this morning, I think it's trouble pooping.:oops: She's just been hanging out in the LB. John said she pooped last night, but just little bits and the same this morning. I'm debating about the vet, any suggestions of what to try first? She does get miralax regularly and i tried the q-tip dipped in oil to stimulate the anus. She got a little out after that so I may try it again. You're supposed to use glycerin but I didn't have any, so used vitamin E oil.

She is eating some which is a good sign. I went ahead and shot. Maybe she overdid it yesterday trying to climb the gate 10 times!:facepalm: She's sitting w/ her head down, so I know she isn't feeling good.

WCR All 5 Ps, Clean Plate Club, Vines to all the kittehs in need of them and hugs to all their beans.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

How much miralax is she getting? You may know this but it's safe to give 1/4 t twice a day. Have you checked out feline constipation.org for ideas? Tried a small amount of pumpkin or baby food squash? Knowing how aware you are you likely know all this but maybe the site will spark an idea. Vines.

3. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Wow, the internet really does have everything!

I hope Tess feels better soon! At least it doesn't seem to be effecting her numbers too much. I'm sure the upset tummy she has doesn't make it much better though. Hugs and vines!

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Just adding some poop vines and prayers....

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

That site is written by a very smart person who is a moderator n the yahoo CRF board. It's really good.

missMeows likes this.
  6. Ann & Tess GA

Tess seems to be feeling perkier, though and did a pretty good job fuds wise. @tiffmaxee She gets about 1/8th tsp a day. feline constipation.org was the first thing I checked out. ;) She has pooped a couple of small bits, but she did have a large sized poo last night, so I don't know how much she has in her or what's really going on. It was almost like she felt the need to go, but there wasn't enough there. Soft, but not diarrhea either.

7. tiffmaxee

I give Max 1/8t daily but if I think it's necessary I sometimes give it twice a day or increase to 1/4t. My vet said 2/8 is a small dose. Lately Max is skipping a day but going just as much. I'm glad she feels better.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Is it feasible to up the water content of Tess' food?

9. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Winging all sort of feel-better vines and lots of happy poop thoughts your way.

Marilyn and Polly

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

11. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

What about a Zener massage - when Vyktor's having trouble sometimes I do that and it seems to help things along. You want to (from the top of Tess) feel down to just past the ribs and make circular motions in that spot. You can push in pretty hard if she'll take it, start gentle and see what she'll tolerate

12. Ann & Tess GA

There has been a little more poo and she enjoyed going out to the garden this afternoon, with no retreat to her alone time corner. Plus, she just hacked up a BIG hairball. That could have been part of the problem too.

Thanks for all of the advice. Sienne, we do add about a tablespoon of water to every meal, plus she gets 75ml of squids a day. Marje, we've tried pumpkin but she won't eat it. Emma and Izzy get pumpkin, not crazy about it, but they are piglets and if they want food they have to eat that too. Tess will just leave the food. :( Serryn, I may try that. I never was certain just how the Zener massage was done.

Right now she is telling me "It's time for my DINNER!!!" :joyful: Definitely feeling better.

13. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I have a video that shows Zener getting his tummy massage in my PM I will forward it on.

ETA - I couldn't work out how to forward it so I've asked her to send it to you direct.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Just seeing this this morning and glad to hear that Tess is doing better in the poop category! Keep on feeling better, Tess.

Yo Tess, NYC this week. See you later in Central Park!
    Rusty

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann and John :coffee::coffee::coffee:

I a so glad that Tess was feeling better as the day went along. Maybe the furball was the culprit? I wish they could tell us what the problem is...

Surf well today Tess. Maybe some more greens?

Have a great day.

16. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Here is the Zener tummy massage video by the awesome Dr. Miller! Remove the spaces for the text of the link.
    https://www. youtube .com/watch?v=W9vgvnHraJk

And I'll try the actual link.

Sending lots of poo vines from Poo Patrol!
    Liz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.