? 10/5 Brody Dosking Advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michaellh33, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

So I screwed up again, I somehow managed to turn off my alarm that requires me to solve math problems in my sleep and I missed his AM shot again. Since I have a problem with this is it better to shoot an hour to 2 hours late anyways and adjust it throughout the week or just skip the dose for the day?

Also I just accidentally pushed some of the insulin I had drawn into the syringe, what are the chances that will ruin the whole vial.

I am just failing a lot lately....

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Better to shoot late than to skip the dose. It will mess up you scheduled shots but post in Lantus and ask how to adjust that. I don't know if it is the same way as Prozinc or not.

3. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

Oh, I accidentally posted in the wrong forum, thanks.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

About the insulin: Did you mean that you drew up some insulin into the syringe and then expressed some back into the vial?

5. Michaellh33

Michaellh33 Member

Yes, it was maybe half a unit.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

I don't think that should effect anything as I express excess back into the vial after I draw up and see that I have too much. It's very difficult to draw up the exact amount, at least for me it is. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  7. Bacio

Bacio Member

Drawing up excess is a daily occurance for me. I do it on purpose to make sure there are no air bubbles.

Has not caused any harm at all that I am aware of. No worries! :cat:

8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

As long as you are using a new sterile needle and syringe every time -no problem I also dab 91% alcohol on the top of the insulin vial with a cotton ball and let it dry before drawing up the insulin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.