? 10/7 Missy AMPS 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Priya&Missy, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

good morning! This is the lowest AMPS we’ve ever had.
    I’m stalling for a bit until I feel comfortable giving the shot :nailbiting:

2. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Okay 30 min later and it’s 94. Wait another 30 min?

3. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

4. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

5. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

If it’s not high enough in the next 10 minutes I’m going to skip the shot or else I’ll be way off schedule. I work early tomorrow morning and wouldn’t be able to give the shot at the right time

6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

As long as you can grab that +4 again today, I'd go ahead and give your current dose of 0.6u. Missy was basically around the same BG yesterday at AMPS and didn't go too low.

7. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Nervous because I’ve never had her numbers go down after stalling. They usually go up really high if I wait 20-30 mins. I’ll be testing again in a few mins.

8. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

An hour later and it’s still at 100.

9. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Unfortunately +4 I’ll be clocking in to work so there’s no way I can monitor her. I’m going to skip the shot. I hope she doesn’t go too high!

10. MrWorfMen's Mom

94 and 100 are virtually the same. Being at that great pre-shot she perhaps isn't as anxious for food, Sometime those rising numbers are food anxiety as much as BG climbing on its own. Since you can't monitor skipping is a reasonable option as long as Missy has no history of ketones.

Priya&Missy likes this.
  11. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

No history of ketones. I want to give her the shot but I really don’t want her to go low when I’m not home. It seems too risky and not worth it

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  12. MrWorfMen's Mom

Ultimately, you have to do what you are most comfortable with. Missy will be fine and she'll get back on track soon enough.

Sonia & Leo and Priya&Missy like this.
  13. Priya&Missy

Priya&Missy Member

Thanks for the help. If I was around to monitor I definitely would’ve done it but Missy isn’t food motivated so if she goes low and I’m not home, she won’t eat on her own :( it makes it hard to feel comfortable with low numbers when I’m not around.

Sonia & Leo and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.