10/8/15 Lucy AMPS 90 +3 121 +5 101 PMPS +166 +6 151

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Voula, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

I was planning to go out today but with a dropping BG close to when the next dose of insulin was due, I didn't feel comfortable about giving Lucy insulin and then leaving for several hours and being a long distance from home. So I thought I would do a test just before leaving home to see if Lucy's glucose level was holding steady and give Lucy some higher carb food to hold her BG steady till I got home. I would give her insulin when I got back home again, a little late but that would be fine. As Lucy was eating her higher carb food I did another test that showed a still dropping BG into green numbers. So I decided to stay home though it was unlikely we would have a hypoglycemic episode so late in the cycle but better to be safe as sometimes Lucy surfs along in green numbers for a long time after a missed insulin dose. Anyway I stayed home and Lucy thoroughly enjoyed her higher carb food that she would not have gotten if I had planned to stay home and got her insulin dose on time too. :cat::)
    My previous post:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-85-3-101-6-113-amps-239-8-130-10-128.142357/

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

heehee Lucy's all "I GOTS THE GOOD FOODS MOM!"

It's nice you've got some flexibility and could stay home with your girl. :D

Voula likes this.
  3. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Thank you Julie. Yes we all need flexibility when dealing with diabetes. Lucy loves the fancy feast grilled foods. :cat::) The fancy feast grilled foods aren't as high carb as the Whiskas in gravy foods but they do increase Lucy's glucose levels a bit more than low carb Whiskas foods. I rang the company and they said the grilled variety we have here is less than 5% carbs but I find they do increase glucose levels a bit more than the fancy feast classics without cereals. Some of the fancy feast classics we have here do have cereals in them so I don't feed Lucy those foods. Lucy really loves the Whiskas in gravy foods but I only feed those when her glucose levels are below 2.8/50. It is good to have the choice of different foods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.