10.8 PMPS

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Becki and sox, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It might raise his levels if he can't get away from it and gets scared. But it's really not possible to watch FIFA without yelling, so maybe put Sox in another room if he seems anxious? ;)

He's come down a little with the PS's on this dose, and I love the blue PMPS numbers. It does look like he needs a smidge more though. Are you up for 0.9u or 1.0u tomorrow?

2. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Yes I've possibly thought that... He never seems to anxious but just seems a bit of a coincidence that he's gone up numbers when Brad watches it :rolleyes:

Yeah I'll increase it to either 0.9u or 1.0u I'll see what his PS is then see what to give.

3. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

I stuck with the 0.8u again today as he was in the blues again this morning :confused:
    But from checks I've done it seems I can get away with a little more juice so I will give more on Wednesday when Brad's off

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Although I have just had a nice 4.7 reading but I just remember I forgot to give them there lunch at half 12 so 2 hours late feel like such a bad mommy :eek:

5. Djamila

Hooray for the green! :D And don't worry about lunch - if they were hungry they would have let you know :cat::cat::cat:

Becki and sox likes this.
  6. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that they will forgive you and the late lunch will just seem to taste better than usual! Liking that 4.7!:D

7. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Haha yes they definitely would.
    Was wondering though if the reason why he's gone into the green today though was due to the lunch not been fed?

And yes quiet happy with that green reading saying I stuck with the 0.8u this morning :D

8. Djamila

I think the missed lunch could well be a factor. When you get into tightly regulated numbers - almost all blues and greens - some folks will play around with carb values, timing, and amounts to get their kitties into nice flat low cycles. So it could be that Sox gets better numbers with the food in the early part of the cycle, and not getting a mid-cycle snack. Although if he's hungry, I wouldn't worry too much about that - especially at this point.

9. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

@Djamila okie dokie. I've only really recently started feeding a lunch time meal which they get around +5 of injection.
    I started splitting their 2 main meals of the day as I heard giving several smaller meals through the day is better for them.
    So now they have 1 meal 7-7.30 am 2nd 12.30 3rd 7-7.30pm and 1 before bed between 9.30 to 10.30pm

10. Djamila

I've never been one for withholding food just to get a slightly lower number. I hate being hungry myself, so I wouldn't want to force that on my kitty. Well, that and Sam actually goes higher when he gets hungry, so he really needs his snacks. Conventional wisdom is that snacks are good for them - sometimes it does take a little finesse to figure out the best timing on those though.

And at this point it's only one data point. For all we know, he might have hit that green no matter what today. :)

11. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Yes he may have mightent he. Was just wondering if my feeding times were ideal. They fit with our schedule so that's just why I picked those times.
    Yeah that's what made me change as well from 2 meals to several small ones I thought well I couldn't go with just 2 meals a day so why should they.

Djamila likes this.
  12. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. The only time there are only 2 meals is when I am away, though that will likely change now that pet sitters will be doing insulin.
    Looks like Sox is doing pretty well :)

13. Becki and sox

Becki and sox Member

Yeah he's getting on ok at the moment thank you.

Hope rhubarb is doing ok too.