10/9 River PMPS 169 +2:76 +3:70 +4:65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Picknickchick, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picknickchick

Picknickchick Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I'm guessing this means the bounce broke. WCR = 5 Ps.
    Somehow, this bounce was not a "bad" bounce, meaning it didn't make him feel ill. He was preening, and playing like a kitten in the autumn leaves, sassy, demanding and affectionate, full of important things to tell me about.

Today AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43 +4:70 +5:74 +6:95 +10:122 PMPS:169 +2:76

In other news, not content to rest on their laurels of the recent mouse catch, Jack brought in a bird yesterday, that promptly expired. After lots of flinging, it was eaten, and I came home to a light dusting of down all over the house.

Thanks so much for the wonderful advice and caring yesterday, all.

I hope Suzanne's Tigger and Marje's Gus are feeling better today! [​IMG]

2. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Re: 10/9 River AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43

Oh Wow!!
    Congratulations on reducie.
    Maybe River likes having a plan too. :smile:

I'm happy to hear that the bounce didn't make him feel ill this time.

I hope he surfs safely today, Lara.
    And try not to bounce, River, OK?

3. Re: 10/9 River AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43

And just yesterday you were planning out a possible increase. :D

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Lara - :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :cool: :cool: How you doing? Time to get River up a bit more.

River is a perfect example of why not to increase during a bounce and to wait to see what the non bounce numbers give you. Great condo yesterday! I try to dose Neko so that her nadirs land in the 70's.

5. Picknickchick

Thanks Wendy, Carl and Mariko! In yesterday's condo there was some discussion about an increase, but I was sceptical, because he was bouncing and his nadir when he wasn't was looking not too shabby. Sometimes I don't come out and say something too directly because I am so grateful for the advice I get here that I don't want to seem argumentative.

But thank you so much for your comments. He came up a bit, to 70 for +4, because I broke out the MC after that 43.

It's so much clearer to me now: aim for the nadir you want, and disregard the bounce numbers because they're noise. The nadir is the north star.

6. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

You put that so perfectly Lara, bounce numbers = noise! Explains it so well!

Hope River surfs safely for you now!

Jane

7. Michele M

Michele M Member

Re: 10/9 River AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43 +4:70 +5:74

nice colors! yay River!!

lol @ the down in your house. We see an explosion of feathers in our garden from time to time too.

8. Re: 10/9 River AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43 +4:70 +5:74

When I see that - because I like to photograph them so much - I just try to tell myself "hmmm, they must be just molting...."
    When that doesn't work, I just sing "Circle of Life" and then I'm okay. ;-)

Nice job bringing up the 43 and staying in the greens!

9. Michele M

Michele M Member

Re: 10/9 River AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43 +4:70 +5:74 +6:95

lol its hard Carl!
    Sometimes I cant believe my cute little kitties are such brutal killers!
    I tell myself "circle of life" and "course of nature" and just try not to get involved
    that usually works for me too ;-)

10. Amy & Papaya (GA)

Amy & Papaya (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lara! There's nothing like discussion of an increase to bring out the green . . . those kitties and their internet access, reading their condos when we're at work :lol: I think you've got a good handle on the bounces - it's just easier to convince yourself to ignore them between bounces than at the height of them - which is why we are all here to remind each other, I guess! River is looking grrrrreat today!

11. donaleen and Ozy

donaleen and Ozy Well-Known Member

Happy for River and you but jealous, too.

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/9 River AMPS 85 +2:47 +3:43 +4:70 +5:74 +6:95 +10:122

Go River! Way to clear that bounce. I'm glad he wasn't feeling bad during the bounce. Sorry to hear about the bird.

13. Picknickchick

Donaleen, your turn is coming up!
    You were so supportive of me during my difficult week, that I am sending every good wish to you. And I'm not just blowing sunshine at you. I looked at Ozy's SS and it really just looks like he's bouncing (the magic word) from his green 2 days ago. What I've learned is: focus on the nadir and filter everything else out. That said, I know that bouncing is tough on a cat's body, and for this I wish you every comfort. But it doesn't last, thank goodness. However, by the time that it's your BIRTHDAY IN THREE DAYS, I want nothing but blue-green from Ozy.

14. donaleen and Ozy

I think I'd rather visit here than hang out at home....The decor is soooo much better. On top of everything else, Ozy smells like Lantus this afternoon. I know that insulin went in but some of it apparently came out....damn. I also did a careful sniff for ketones. It is hard to catch him peeing for the ketone test.

And thank you. I am happy for you.

15. Picknickchick

But I'd rather share that happiness, since our cats seem to be doing the same thing a lot of the time.
    I want to tell you not to lose heart, but I know it's really difficult, esp. when Ozy doesn't seem well.

I was really not happy when my cat was high for about a week, but that was when he wasn't getting enough insulin. His reduction didn't agree with him at all. With going low and then bouncing, that seems to be much better tolerated.

I hope you see the low #s again - I'm guessing by tomorrow as that would be 72 hours, give or take for a possible furshot.

16. donaleen and Ozy

17. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Re: 10/9 River PMPS 169 +2:76 +3:70

Well I have certainly learned a lot from your last couple of condos Lara.
    And River is looking so good now :mrgreen: I think you do know your kitty cat ;-)
    Keep up the great work and have a good night!

18. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/9 River PMPS 169 +2:76 +3:70

Looking GORGEOUS, River!!
    Good job with your sweet boy, Lara!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumbup :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

19. Picknickchick

Oh gosh, thank you for the supportive messages everyone. And I was remiss in not thanking the people who gave me the excellent eyeglass advice yesterday. I am going to try the multiple sets - I love how determined and creative we are!

Pam, I have learned one really important thing in the last few days, and that is: Follow the Nadir. Don't be distracted by anything else. Now, at last, this is something that makes sense to me, and although there are a lot of bounces, and more to come, I feel like I have something really valuable to base everything else on.

And that's because y'alls taught me, and continue to do so...

20. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

I m so very happy to see River having such a beautiful day today. :D

21. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Mice and birds AND a reducie - oh my!

Attached Files:

22. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Great co do the last two days.....I'm just catching up. Follow the nadir....it's like follow the green brick road. :D

Can I help you with the calipers and dosing? Where are you having problems and how can I assist?

I don't know what calipers you have but you need digital ones which measure in millimeters. Please let me know your questions and lets get them working for you. With syringes possibly varying by .25ml to .46ml from syringe to syringe at the same dose, the calipers will eliminate that variance plus you can microdose more easily.

Great day for River!!!!

23. Picknickchick

Marje, I have this Procise Digital Caliper.
    I use BD syringes, 31 gauge, shorties.
    And I'm trying to shoot 2.75u.

Any help is appreciated!

24. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

Hi Lara,

Great numbers for River on Wednesday!

25. Picknickchick

Thank you, R Team!
    He's bouncing today, but I hope to see those numbers again soon.
    Have a great day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.