+10 at 137

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

so far this is NADIR today and she seems to have had a late one yesterday too. Any idea why so late? I’m sure PMPS will be low again but I have shot 2.2 on 184 twice so I guess if I’m there I will again. Just seems unusual to me ..

2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It looks like the dose is just giving you a longer duration. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Prozinc is supposed to last 12-14 hours, so there can be some carryover, which can actually be used to help sometimes...it can get you some insulin onboard while the old stuff is still wearing off so that you can keep from going high when the old dose is gone but the new hasn't kicked in yet.

JanetNJ likes this.
  3. Lisa and little

Ok. Just worried it’s gonna screw up my cycles as I travel a lot for work. Do you typically have sitter that doesn’t test shoot a lower dose for safety? And one more question. How are you guys all so smart?

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, a lower dose is usually recommended if a sitter can't/won't test. You can call it smart but I'd call it experience. Teasel was diagnosed three years ago and he's been on three different insulins.

5. Lisa and little

I thought for sure you or @Djamila had some kind of medical background. Geez. God bless and thank you all for sharing your valuable information. I hope one day I can know enough to help others here

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Haha oh Lisa if only you knew how panicked I was when I started! I burst into tears at the vet's office and cried again the first time I gave Gypsy a shot (she looked at me weird...she didn't care about the shot!). I've been here since shortly after her diagnosis. When she ended up crossing the Rainbow Bridge, I hung around...it felt weird to not be here. I started offering encouragement and beginning info for newbies. Then one day I realized that there was really only one lady giving advice on here and I knew she needed help! So I started reading everyone else's threads. I paid attention to what advice they were given and why and slowly learned from that. Then I started offering advice too and before I knew it, I had been here for years offering what advice I can and trying to help out because I remember how terrified I was when I first arrived.

Kris & Teasel and Jenna Josie like this.
  7. Lisa and little

Well thank you so very much. I just cried again thinking about what you posted about Gypsy. I am so grateful to you and everyone else here. I panicked a lot for the first 2 months. Now only sometimes.. tonight may be one of those nights as I just got more aggressive and shot the 2.2 on a 170PS... but we haven’t had any greens in a while and although the dose seems to be holding longer the numbers are still not optimal ...:oops: