11/01 Furball +10.75=325 AMPS=388 +8.25=215 +4.75=169 +8.5=138 +10.5=144 PMPS=244

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Nov 1, 2019.

1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-hi-10-25-382-pmps-420.221105/#post-2469611

Furball was happy & purry this morning. I wonder if I have a bad box of syringes. When I drew up her dose this morning it looked like I had an air bubble. When I pushed up the plunger to get rid of it, I only had a sliver of insulin. I've been having trouble lately with air in the syringes, not just air bubbles. This is very frustrating. I've been using this brand for a while now, but may need to try a different one.

Sending prayers for Krystina and Nelli (@Krystina & Nelli) and @JoyBee&Ravan and Peggy Sue and @Susan&Felix and @AliceMeowliss&Cassandra and Alice and @J.J. and Phoebe Squeak's DH's recovery and @Olive & Paula and DH and @Pamela & Amethyst and @LizzieInTexas and family and Jamie and Andy (@Bellasmom) and @Suzanne Burton and Tucker and Lyane's Sister-in-Law (@Ti-Mousse) and Dan and Luna (@For_Luna) and @Sarah and Blaze and @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) for Ella's pneumonia and @Sue and Luci.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I have that happen to me sometimes, it looks like I have insulin and when I go to get bubble out, not much comes out
    Hope Furball comes down for you and have a great day Carla

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good luck with the syringe problem!
    Furball....please bring it on down to the beach

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Hope you can figure out the syringe dilemma soon; sorry it is causing Furball to have higher BG numbers

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Happy Real Friday , Carla❤️ So glad to see Furball came down from ugly blacks ...I know how that feels to see those :( Sending prayers for you to discern what is going on with syringes or what ever is causing this :bighug:

6. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Better if the problem is with the syringes and not with little Furball!:) Maybe a bad batch, but it's very maddening when you can't rely on medical stuff, this should not happen! :mad:
    If you have a big box of syringes, maybe see if the lot is different on another package and try it... Hope you enjoy your weekend, Carla! :bighug:

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

So glad Furball’s numbers are looking better. It would be nice if Lyane is right - it’s a syringe issue, not a Furball issue!!

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

'Atta girl Furball!!!

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

10. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

There was a week or two recently that that happened several times with Felix's syringes, too, like the suction didn't work right and some of the plungers felt spongy. I thought of you, remembering quite a long time ago when we both had a long spell of bubble troubles. (I guess I'll have to be more careful and not think of you when I have a problem!) It got better before I finished the box, but I was glad to be starting a new box yesterday.

I'm glad Furball had some nice blues for you on your day off.:cool:

11. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I’m glad you caught the possible culprit of the high numbers.

I usually “lubricate” my syringe first before I fill it with insulin. I pull and push the syringe several times without anything in it and then push it tight to the top. It’s a habit for me because I was taught at work to make sure there’s back pressure before you inject. I found not lubricating the syringe makes it hard for back pressure to pull the syringe back up.

I hope that made some sense!