11/04 Mačka AMPS 355, +4 165, +5 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Penelope and Mačka, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...3-4-5-297-pmps-242-2-391.221052/#post-2468704

I've been very busy with work and running errands before I leave for France in two days!

I'm worried sick about how things will go while I'm away. My husband knows the routine but will be out all day (he promised to drive back at noon every day to check on Mačka, so we should have a +6 on week days).

Meanwhile, Mačka has seen more blue than he ever had. No greens though. He bounces less, from what I can see. I did not increase the dose for a while because after a bounce, he goes back to the blues and from what I remembered in the SLGS, it said to stick to the dose for a little while when cat sees blues and not used to them. I am not sure what vacation dose to give him (he is at 4u right now), because as much as my husband is going to help, he won't pursue Macka to finish his bowl, and will not wake up in the middle of the night :). 3.75? 3.5?

When I get back, I have the choice to:
    - increase, maybe go back to TR if work permits
    - change to Levemir (will get that in France)
    - finally make that dental appointment (just got the GO from the anesthetist after she finally reviewed his x-rays).
    But I don't know in which order; what makes the most sense!?

Thank you!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How long will you be gone? Macka has been in some pretty safe blues, I would be tempted to leave the dose as is. You have been on it long enough to know he’s not getting green. Nice blues again today.:cool:

How much dental work is still needed? If still dental issues, I would get those done first. Though I am a fan of Levemir and you have been on Lantus almost six months now. If he is one of those cats that is flatter on Lev, he will be more predictable, which is much easier on you too.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  3. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply! I am leaving for 10 days. I am tempted too to leave the dose as is, but worried he will not eat as much. I dont know how much this will influence his BG...

regarding dental, he has a resorption and a broken canine. It just took forever for these dentists to get back to me. We haven’t started doing anything yet!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ouch on the dental issues! I’d definitely prioritize that if you can.