11/10 Wiley 6 weeks OTJ - BG 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WileyWonderCat, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

It's been a few weeks since I checked in. Wiley seems to be doing fine remission wise. Though, I feel like I should be testing him more frequently than I am. He has been really uncooperative for blood tests lately and I've needed partner to assist. Luckily his numbers have all been green.

He has his good days and bad days re: CKD. I've been giving him subcutaneous fluids on my own now for a couple of weeks (every other day). It is pretty difficult to get him to sit still for 100ml but I typically get at least some fluids in him each time. I've become a bit skeptical of my vet recently, as he hasn't really been prescriptive in a treatment plan. I feel like he just treats chronic disease "willy-nilly" and I am usually the one educating him. So, it's been two years since my semi-feral civvie (Aspen) has been to the vet, so I am trying a new vet for his overdue checkup, which is tomorrow. Aspen is a total nightmare traveling and at the vet, but he needs to go and it will give me a chance to feel out a different vet. Hopefully I'll get a good vibe.

Love to you all :bighug:

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Nice to see you guys and hear an update on Wiley!

FWIW, the only way we could give punkin fluids was to do it while he was eating. We hung the bag on a hanger from the top edge of the door frame so it was nice and high - that helps it go faster - and fed him on the floor.

I hope you can find a good vet. They're so important.

WileyWonderCat likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Wiley is doing well remission wise. I hope the fluids are helping his CKD. Hopefully things work out with the new vet.

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Glad to see Wiley is doing so well.
    Good luck with the new vet, hope Aspen behaves.

FWIW I still test daily(and BFG iss 6months OTJ), mostly because I'm paranoid about George coming out of remission, but also I figured keeping up the routine would be useful if he ever fell out of remission.

5. WileyWonderCat

WileyWonderCat Member

Yes, I hang the bag on the shower curtain rod and keep him on the floor for fluids. He just won't lay down or cooperate very well. He is not food or treat motivated. I tried all sorts of food items during fluids and he just ignored them. I just try to love on him, pet him constantly during the administration. I'm just hoping he'll get used to it and realize it's not so bad and only lasts a couple of minutes.

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.