? 11/11/19 Please see Zeke's curve numbers last PM and this afternoon's bounce.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BonnieZeke, Nov 11, 2019.

1. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Does anyone know what's going on with him? Is he still adjusting to the increase? (Bounced this afternoon). I waited 3 days (see randoms) into the increase to do the curve, hoping he would have stabilized. I don't know what to do... last dose of 1.25 was keeping him in 3s and 4s and a few 5s! Held for 10 days with no change. increased to 1.5. Not much difference, still high. (?) Assessment please.

2. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Not sure what I need to do to get someone to reply?

3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, it is a bit slow tonight. Technically with that 118 earlier today, you'd hold the dose since you are on SLGS. Bounces can happen when the kitty drops too quickly, or hits a lower number they aren't used to. You are testing quite often, was there a reason you are following SLGS?

Also, what is your feeding schedule like?

4. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I am a 3rd shift RN, I am gone 12 hrs, 4 days a week. Schedule varies weekly. I leave at 8p and dont return until 7-8a. I leave lots of food for him and my non-diabetic. He is sleeping when I get home. so usually am sure he hasn't just been eating when I get the AM test, feed and shoot. We sleep until approx. 3p, and he gets free fed until I take the food up around 6p in prep for the PM test food, and shot.

On weekends he is free fed I am up at night and sleep during day, just up several hours earlier. Same schedule. I am very consistent.

I have been told by this group that with my schedule SLGS is the way to go. and I get told I am not testing enough, so am doing my best to give everyone enough info for basing dosages on.
    Any thoughts on what I need to do differently, it seems like 1.25 isn't enough, and 1.5 is too much(?). I am having difficulty dealing with these continual high numbers. Thanks.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Im also sorry you didn’t get a response. Today is Veterans’ Day and sometimes it’s slow on holidays because members are doing other things.

His current pattern looks like he’s bouncing for several cycles whenever he gets into blue numbers. He might be dropping fast earlier in the cycle also triggering a big bounce.

I’m also curious why you aren’t doing TR? You are testing plenty and you could make dose changes faster. We don’t want to pressure you but it might help you to see Yoyo’s SS. Look how much better he did after Debra switched to TR. Be sure you start with the 2018 AT SS.

If you want to stick with SLGS, you’d hold the dose for a week and then reassess.

Edited To Add
    : I did see where there was a recommendation for SLGS but also a couple more experienced members linked the condo on doing TR with a full-time job. Given your schedule, I also think it’s possible. We can help you figure out the best testing times to fit your schedule, if you like. It’s really up to your comfort level.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    BonnieZeke likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

To bring your post to the top to get more attention, you can bump it up, by just typing bump in a new post. Which is pretty much what you did with your second post.

Sorry for the late replies, it is Remembrance Day here. I spent the day travelling to and from an island to take my 96 year old father, a WWII veteran, to the local service. So worth it.

Good catch on that low blue today.

AmandaE and BonnieZeke like this.
  7. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I just glanced at it for now, will study it further soon, it looks like a lot of testing, I would be open to having you all help me with TR, I guess. I am feeling so lost at this point, I'll try whatever it takes. I'm afraid these highs are hurting his organs and shortening his life.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

Just let us know.....Wendy, Sienne, and I have experience helping with different schedules and helping come up with testing strategies.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  9. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Yes, I will try whatever you can do. I'll get back with you tomorrow when I get up. Thanks so much.

10. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

I caught the bounce again today...+7/120, +8/205, +9/418. I am ready to try TR with your help with my schedule.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Zeke certainly likes to bounce!!

With TR, you can increase the dose every 3 days/6 cycles. The typical increase is 0.25u. You've been at the 1.5u dose for 5 days/10 cycles. So, if you're ready to switch to TR, increase the dose to 1.75u.

With TR, dose reductions occur if numbers drop below 50.

Remember to change in info in your signature that you're using TR.

BonnieZeke likes this.
  12. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

Thank you much! I will increase tonight (now).
    Am out the door to work, just to remind you.:)

13. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

511! Now.

14. Marje and Gracie

@BonnieZeke

Big bounce! I meant to get back to you but have been under the weather a bit.

I just want to be sure I understand that four nights a week, you have to shoot at 8pm and leave and get home at 8 am. Is there anyone else available who could grab a test for you while you are gone?

15. BonnieZeke

BonnieZeke Member

That’s ok, thanks. No It’s just me.