? 11/11 Mimi AMPS @175 before eating, +2 @201

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

And I’m a moron and just fed her instead of waiting to see if it dips or rises...

Still haven’t given the shot yet.

2. Mimis mom

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you are following TR, are available to monitor, have strips and high carb food on hand, you are fine to shoot. With TR, the post and ask for help number is 150.

FYI - Bron lives in Australia and Marje is in MDT so probably not awake yet.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

If you are home and can monitor her and have plenty of supplies and higher carb food for her , I would shoot now!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  5. Mimis mom

6. Mimis mom

Updated SS
    I’m wondering I’m looking back to the last time it was in the blue and it was on 11/4 where Bron saw a bounce happening that night. The AMPS was 194- and I wasn’t home to monitor, but when. I did come home to test it was 83- I wonder if she dipped really low that day and I wasn’t there to test it. Is it possible they can be hypo and come out if it on their own? Or is that not what hypo is. Makes me nervous to shoot anything in the blue, but I still have been. Ugh, my brain hurts..

7. Mimis mom

Oh I thought Sidney was only 12 hours ahead- I just looked and they are 16! Oops.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It’s just not possible to tell how low she went that day, Rosa. There’s no data from the night before and that would have been helpful to paint the picture.

There is a difference between low numbers and a hypo. A hypo means they have symptoms that can vary and be mild from shivering and lethargy to severe such as seizures and coma. In some cats, but not all, being ravenous can indicate numbers are low but don’t rely just on that....test.

It’s unlikely she was hypoglycemic that day; you would have seen some residual effects, most likely. When you shoot blue, look and see if it’s dropping or not. Leave HC food out if you need to.

With her DKA history, getting some insulin into her is important unless the BG really is too low to shoot and leave.