11-12-19 Salem+10.5 =360 PMPS 378 +1=437 +3= 342 +5=213

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina and Salem, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Tina and Salem

Tina and Salem Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Are you able to monitor today?

3. Tina and Salem

Yes he still has to eat this is my T/F/S

4. Sue and Luci

If you're going to be home and you're nervous because this is a lower number than you're used to; go ahead and do the usual test/feed/shoot. Give him the usual dose and then monitor him. He needs his insulin and this is really a great number to shoot.

You've got wiggle room to watch him...let's hope he gets down into the lagoon again today (those nice green numbers are great healing time for him).

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  5. Tina and Salem

See his numbers started out like this the other day got down to 64

6. Tina and Salem

Ok i will shot . Thanks

7. Sue and Luci

Yes, I saw that - still safe.

8. Sue and Luci

When you have a moment, could you please update your title?

Set it up like this: 11/12 Salem AMPS ### Question about shot, etc.

And you can remove the '?' ...

Tina and Salem likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

That's really a good thing - and you were on top of the testing - so excellent! It looks like he responds very nicely to the insulin he's getting. Since you're able to monitor that's a good thing.

If you think he's going down too fast - like a drop of over 100 points - you will want to give him a little medium carb food. Do you have some gravy style Fancy Feast on hand? You can help steer him into numbers that aren't so dramatically low by steering him with food.

Sonia & Leo and Bellasmom like this.
  10. Tina and Salem

Should i test @ +1 or earlier ?

11. Sue and Luci

Since it appears that Salem likes to work that juice, I'd get a 1+ and test hourly as long as his numbers are coming down. You want to catch any big drama - and keep posting his numbers on your SS.

You're doing great!

12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I'd get a +1, also get a +2 and see what kitty is doing
    Great job shooting

13. Tina and Salem

Oh yes I have the HC . I wouldnt be without it after everyone explained the hypo . Thanks ! I will update my title . Still half (edited) way asleep lol

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  14. Tina and Salem

:(Can someone see my questions from yesterdays last post ? I would love to see if im taking this in right ? Lol

edit : +1=246 no HC. Gave Salem LC food for now watching

15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Answer to drawing up insulin. Never inject air or insulin back into pen. Don't draw where you pull insulin out of needle. You want insulin to remain in the needle and your wasting quite a bit. It is also accounted for in the marks on needles, so you could be giving less. Pull up just a bit more than you shoot. Remove syringe from pen. Holding syringe upright flick the barrel with your fingers. Slightly, slowly twist the plunger until you have your dose.

Use a old syringe and practice. Sometimes you just can't get rid of a bubble but can at least make it a small one. So if you dose 1 unit, pull up 1.25 units and twist back to 1 unit. Eventually you will get the hang and pull up even less so your not wasting to much over time.

16. Tina and Salem

Reason Mommie has to constantly clean her table off all day ! (Edit )Lol Sweet baby i am so glad he is still here ! Thank you to God and all of you for helping !

66011E9F-7618-4E17-AEBC-647634EB5D1E.jpeg

17. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

What a sweetheart!! :bighug: I think we all live very furry lives! :p

Sue and Luci and Tina and Salem like this.
  18. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

you posted this 1 hr 15min ago

You posted this 48 min ago.

It doesn't add up if you shot 1 hr 15min ago, then that 246 was about +0.5

Can you test again 2 hrs after you shot, he probably had not onset yet. Since he appears to drop hard and fast, it would be good to see what he does as the insulin starts to take effect (onset/ usually around +2/+3)

19. Tina and Salem

When daddy gets home he is going to get you Salem. No hair on the eating table and no stinky butts lol . Daddy hates it when he does this !

20. Tina and Salem

21. Tina and Salem

Tested now was concerned more after you mentioned it also 243=1.5 but will retest +2 . You think AMPS test was in accurate ?
    (edit) or are you talking about my post timing ? And my testing time are weird ? The 246 was at +1

22. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Sending prayers to you and Salem, Tina ❤️

23. Tina and Salem

QUOTE="Beth 73, post: 2476001, member: 15763"]:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Sending prayers to you and Salem, Tina ❤️

;):cat: Bless you !
    ❤️

24. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tina--

It just gets a little confusing when you add substantive or time-dependent information (like tests) to previous posts, even if you mark them as edits, and the time-stamp and the order in the thread stays "old". So things get out of sequence and are hard to interpret. Also, when you edit a post, it doesn't show up as "unread" when someone clicks on the link for the thread, so they may miss new info. Making comments (like you did just now) as edits is fine, especially if you do the edit soon after the original post, but it's best not to put really important information (like test numbers) into old posts that way.

As for the question, it's possible that the pre-shot was a bad strip, but hard to say. He just may have been on the way up. Only Salem knows... (love the pic, by the way-- he looks pretty comfortable there, whatever DH might have to say about it!)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  25. Tina and Salem

oh ok just did not want to add another post just for one sentence , sorry ladies/ gentlemen i do not want to make this hard on all of you . I really appreciate all the help ! I will not do it any more lol i dnt want to cause any problems this is my first message board i have been using the internet for a long time now but never used a message board before . Thanks for explaining .

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  26. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

There's a lot to take in and learn at the beginning, eventually you'll be zipping around the board like a pro! :bighug:

27. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I was looking at the time stamps and it didn't seem to add up.
    As Nan said, best not to edit stuff like that, it's OK just to update with a single line, it keeps everything in chronological order.

The +2 195 is quite similar to your amps.
    When we see this it can often be an indication that the cycle will be active (you will see a curve).
    I would plan to get a +3 to see how fast she is deciding to drop.

28. Olive & Paula

Love the photo. I have a old throw rug I use for testing. I let it stay on the table until dinner time. Then back after until morning. This way is any jump up there they sit on the rug, they seem to like it.

29. Tina and Salem

I guess salems doing pretty good today . What does this mean hes in the blues most of the day . Is this the full effect of the 1 unit coming in ?

Beth 73 likes this.
  30. Tina and Salem

Where do i get these relion insulin syringes im having trouble finding the needle with the .5 unit marks 29 gauge 3/10 ml cc 12.7 mm

31. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

You can get them at Walmart Pharmacy. :)

32. Tina and Salem

Yes i called my walmart has relion but it doesnt have the .5 unit marks

Beth 73 likes this.
  33. Tina and Salem

I found them thanks

34. Tina and Salem

He ate , he did good all day now @+10.5 =354

35. Tina and Salem

Why so high now ? I know hes coming off the insulin ready for his PMPS but dag please someone explain to me again lol

36. Tina and Salem

When i first check it read +10.5=29 i about freaked out ! But calmed down rechecked got a reading of 354 . Bad strip

Olive & Paula and Sonia & Leo like this.
  37. Olive & Paula

Wal-Mart does have them but counter people might not know it. Use to be told that when I used them.

38. Tina and Salem

When will these high numbers in the evening stop? Am i doing something wrong ? When they go up he acts tired too

Beth 73 likes this.
  39. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Not too surprising he's acting tired, high numbers can make them feel yucky. As long as he's not throwing ketones, it's not anything to worry about.

When will he stop having these higher numbers? No way to tell. Some cats bounce for a long time, some get used to lower numbers (even the blues today might look "low" to Salem right now) more quickly. You're doing everything you can at this point, so don't worry on that score. You may just have to wait him out.