11/12 Luna - AMPS 397, +4 317, +8 310 - Good follow-up appt. - Pic

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by For_Luna, Nov 12, 2019.

1. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Yesterday Luna ate her first full meal since being home. She destroyed her night snack and her breakfast this morning. As long as she keeps this up, we should get the feeding tube removed this week. The vet told us she needs to eat for 3-4 days before they'll take it out.

The Freestyle Libre sensor died last night. As far as we can tell, she wasn't messing with it. We read they're not super reliable and fail randomly even on humans, so this might not be a long term thing. But I'm going out of town for a few days (terrible timing), so we're going to try a new sensor. My dad is coming to cat sit while my wife is at work, so he'll be able to just scan throughout the day. In the meantime, we're going with old school testing. We have a follow-up appointment with the vet tonight, so we'll try to get a new one put on while we're there.

Normal Luna behavior is coming back. She's screaming for her food in the morning, biting our hands if we overstay our welcome, and just acting uninterested in us...until she wants something. Still a little weak and tired, but I think we'll see a big change once the tube is out.

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

That's amazing news Dan!!! Luna's eating and getting her spunk back!! Your dad is a sweetheart for keeping an eye on Luna during the day when you go away!
    Hope you have a good vet visit tonight!! :bighug::bighug::bighug: Sending more healing vines to Luna!!!

For_Luna likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's so wonderful she is eating for you! I'm glad he is showing normal behavior. Sorry the sensor quit working. I hope they can get the new one on and it works while you're out of town. I hope the vet appointment goes well tonight. Sending prayers.

Sonia & Leo and For_Luna like this.
  4. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Really great news that Luna is acting more & more like herself & crushing the food :p:)!! Fingers crossed your 2nd sensor does better for you!

5. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

What a WONDERFUL report!! I’m so happy to hear Luna is starting to be her old self! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sorry about the Libre! It happens. IMO & IME, the success of keeping the Libre on plus having it give reliable readings has to do with where it’s positioned. If it’s near a place or on a place of the body with lots of folds and movement, the less reliable it’s going to be.

But I hope the next one you put on works better for you and Luna :)

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yeah for eating your fuds. Keep munching.

7. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Just got back from follow-up appointment. All of her tests are normal. She gained a tiny bit of weight and is 5.7 lbs, but still has some work to do. I'm sure she'll be happy to eat more.

They want the feeding tube to stay in for a week after she starts eating, so we'll have to go back next week to get it removed.

New Freestyle Libre sensor is attached. Hopefully this one lasts longer than 3 days.

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh, this is great news! Spunky Luna is back!! Glad to hear that - although not so sure about the hand-biting...but that's a cat for ya!

Hope the Libre sticks around a little longer than 3 days...nice that dad is able to come and stay with her too! And BEST of all...a great appetite! YEAH!!! So happy to hear she's eating well!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Sending more supportive and healing vines your way! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great news all the way 'round. It sounds like you come from a family of animal lovers!

10. Olive & Paula

Wonderful news.

For_Luna and Sonia & Leo like this.
  11. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Skinny Luna wearing boots from 3 days ago.

Attached Files:

12. Olive & Paula

Muck lucs

13. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

AWWWWWWWW!

14. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I just want to scoop her up and cradle her and kiss her little nose. (Then she'd likely run, lol.) What a long ordeal that little doll has been through. I am so glad you were able to give her back her life, Dan. She is absolutely precious, and hopefully hungry too:)

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update from the vet. Love her boots.

16. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Awww Luna, you can't get any more precious looking! Poor baby, but now you're going to get all better! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: What a miracle kitty!!!

For_Luna likes this.
  17. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

what an awesome report on Luna!! I am so so glad to hear how far she's come along :bighug:

For_Luna likes this.
  18. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

So happy to see this superb update. Luna is so lucky to have such a wonderful family to look after her. She's in great hands! :joyful:

19. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm shedding a few tears of relief that little Luna is doing so much better. Very happy for all of you!

For_Luna likes this.
  20. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

Everyone at the hospital said they can't believe she made it through all of that and is continuing to improve. Our vet tonight said he's had some tough cases that he ended getting home, but it was usually just enough for a few days. It's crazy this little cat kept going.

Tomlin, Sue and Luci and Beth 73 like this.
  21. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Love it!! We call those “poodle paws”.

So happy to see such progress!

For_Luna likes this.
  22. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Great report.
    Never underestimate a kitty!

For_Luna likes this.
  23. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Such wonderful news Dan, I'm so glad she is eating like a little piggy lol
    Those screams in the morning for you to feed her must be music to your ears.
    She is so lucky to have such amazing parents

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    For_Luna likes this.
  24. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Ugg boots with those cheeks—BEYOND adorable :p!!!