11/13 Kylee AMBG 119 Day 9 + 8 93 PMBG 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kylee and Her Mom Renee', Nov 13, 2018.

1. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Getting a late start posting this. Day 9. I can hardly believe my precious is at Day 9. She is doing great. Eating and sleeping in a normal way. We are doing this one day at a time.:D

As for me I am in shock. I had blood labs done for a new doctor. My insurance didn't cover the labs. Oh my $800. Yes, you read that right.:nailbiting::woot: They also overcharged me and have not gotten back to me. I added up all the charges and found the overcharge. Hubby is going to flip out.

Hope everyone had a good day.

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Goooooooooooooooooooo Kylee!!!

Yikes on the lab bill! DH had one of those recently. Doesn't seem right...

3. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Tonight I poked her vein. Poor baby. So much blood. Good thing it stopped quickly. I gave her extra love and kisses. But It happens.
    I like to see the lower numbers. I know I have said it before, but it feaks me out to see numbers in the 60's. Is 68 too low? She is eating great.

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No, it's not too low.
    Many of our diabetics will test lower when not on insulin... many lower than 68. I've also tested my other cats (non-diabetics) monthly ever since Alex was diagnosed... and continue to do so today even though Alex is gone. For years they tested in the 40s and 50s. Now that they've gotten older (almost 16), they test in the mid to high 60s.

5. Bec and Oliver

Bec and Oliver Member

Congrats on day 9! :D

My Oliver (also on OTJ trial) has tested as low as 23, but usually between 40 and 60. The readings feel a bit scary when we're used to balancing them, but they're not going to go "too low" when we aren't giving them insulin.

6. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Congratulations on Day 9!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your day at the Falls is coming! You can do this!

7. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Way to go, Kylee!!! We're all rooting for you!!!