11/15 Neko AMPS 198 +10 233 PMPS 210 - we made it!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday

We made it to Fort Collins. At least Neko and I and my one carry on baggage did. The checked bag, you know, the one you have to pay for now, took a later flight. At least I hope so. :rolleyes: Insulin, other meds, test kit and enough syringes for a few days made it. I got here in time for a quick trip to Petsmart for an LB and more litter and some raw fuds, before the store closed.

Neko is a champ traveller. Hardly any noises except to talk to me when I talked to her or petted her. But she was REALLY glad to get out of the carrier. It is a little smaller than our regular one. Right now she is lying beside me hugging her new green pickle nanner. And yes Marilyn @pollydoodle somewhere she has a hiding spot!

I got confirmation today on tomorrow. It is no fuds past midnight and a half dose of insulin. Wish me luck on holding her off tomorrow morning.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

So glad to read you and Neko arrived safely! Ugh on the delayed baggage. I say if your baggage doesn't make it, you don't pay for it. :mad:

Wonderful to read that Neko's settled in playing with a new pickle nanner. :joyful::cat::joyful:

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yay! I was wondering if you were there yet! Hope your bag catches up with you soon. Good thing you have supplies to tide you over til they get it to you.
    Wishing you the best of luck with the entire trip!

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

so glad the first part is successful.....

what a sweet companion....

5. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

SO glad you made it. Good luck tomorrow and wishing you a restful evening tonight:)

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm glad Neko is good at traveling. I hope your bag arrives quickly. Vines for tomorrow to go just as well or better.

7. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Glad to hear from you today. Was wondering how you were making out. Sending vines for Neko's treatments.

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

so glad you and Neko got there ok! Fingers crossed that your luggage comes soon so you're not wearing the same clothes all week!

It must be nice to already know the routine to expect for the week. :bighug:

9. Wendy&Neko

It definitely helps knowing what comes next, but I still have that same question as last time about if there is a tumor. But at 6.5 u and needing an increase, likely there is. And she's three years older now. :nailbiting:

I would normally have thought about R tonight, but I am saving syringes. I just brought one bag on carry on and I have no idea if you need a script here for them. Everything else I can buy easily. And I have had enough checked luggage delayed that I know to pack one change of clothes in carry on. A lot of my checked bags see more cities than I do.:rolleyes:

10. julie & punkin (ga)

You don't need a script for R in the US as far as I know.

Back in the day if your luggage went astray, the airline employees delivered it. I went with my dad more than once as a child to deliver luggage that was late.

Which hotel are you in?

11. Wendy&Neko

Julie, it's the syringes I am not sure about buying, though I am sure the IM vet would write a script if I needed it.

I am at the Homewood Suites again. The free meals during the week convinced me.

12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Colorado doesn't require a script for syringes, but individual pharmacies may require one, so hit the phone book!

Glad to see you're at least tucked in and safe....no telling what kind of adventure your bag is having....LOL

Sending lots of "you can do this again" vines for Neko!!....and you! :bighug:

13. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

I feel like I have missed so much! Not sure what has brought you to CO, but sending many vines to you and Neko!

14. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Whew- you made it, thanks for letting us know...And now, fingers crossed you get your other bag and everything else proceeds on schedule and smoothly for you as possible. Good Girl Neko, what a trooper!! Hugs to both of you!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Wendy&Neko

@MollynSkooter I am pretty sure Neko's acromegaly tumor has returned, so we are going to Colorado State University Veterinary Medical School tomorrow with the intention of having SRT (radiation) again.

16. julie & punkin (ga)

Very nice!

17. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Neko, you are a champion traveler! Good girl! Enjoy that pickle nanner!

Wendy, I'm so glad you made it safely, even though without your luggage. Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow. When Edward and I were graduate students we flew to Florida to visit my parents for Xmas. The bag containing his dissertation (half written) wound up in Fort Myers. But the airline delivered it that same night to Sarasota. It was an anxious few hours, to say the least. This was in the "pre-computer" days. No back-up copy of anything.
    Wishing you a successful SRT. We are thinking good thoughts.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

18. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad that part of you trip was uneventful, well apart from your bag going solo on its own adventure, I hope they get it to you soon. What a champion Neko is, taking it all in her stride. Hugs and scritches to you both for tomorrow's treatment, cuddle up and get a good night's sleep.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Lucky you didn't have to check Neko who knows where she'd be! So happy to hear that you've both made it safe and sound.

Neko you are a truly wonderful girl taking it all in your stride like that, many extra scritches being sent your way :)

20. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Sending you guys mucho best wishes for an easy, uneventful, and most importantly, successful, treatment!

21. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Yay Neko!! So glad you all did well and arrived safe! Good luck tomorrow!

22. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you and Neko made it safely. I hope you get your bag soon. Sending prayers for today. :bighug:

23. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm glad your trip went well, and hope your bag has been delivered already.
    Best Of Luck today with the SRT and vet visits, and the not feeding this morning.
    Hugs to you, and skritches & loving pets to Neko.

24. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. Good job, Neko! Everything crossed here for a smooth procedure.
    Liz

25. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

You rock, Neko! So does your mamabean.

Lots of vines heading your way. Is today the exam, CT day?

I bet CSU pharmacy, right by the "pay us now desk" when we were there, could help you out with syringes and your IM would probably help if you need a script.

Thanks for the update, Wendy.

Marilyn and Polly

26. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you and Neko today and so happy to hear she traveled well!

27. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

So relieved that you are there safe and sound with at least the important things :rolleyes: Glad that Neko had a good trip and is enjoying the pickle nanner! Hopefully the other suitcase has shown up by now.

We will all be thinking of you this week. Love to have updates when you are able!

28. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Many good vines for Neko's visit. I hope everything goes well. Kudos to one awesome traveler. Well done Neko. I love the thought of a pickle nanner. way cool! I will be thinking of you guys today, and the week.

29. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Good luck to you both.

What airlines did you use? Did they give you any trouble bringing Neko on board? Anyone I contacted wouldn't allow it but was years ago. Hopefully things changed.

30. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you both arrived safely :)

31. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow I have some catching up to do! Happy you both made it safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.