11/17 UPDATE ON JILL'S DH--SURGERY

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/12 Prayers for Jill's DH--UPDATE!!!

Jill and Mike, I am praying for you both and keeping you close to my heart.

2. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Jill, holding you and your husband securely in my prayer. I know that He hears and understands the pain you are going through now. I ask Him to remove your fear and place your hand securely in His. He will lead you both to where He needs you to be. I wish I could hug you, brush your hair back and kiss your forehead. I know this always make me feel better... even if I keep crying.

I wrote this when the doctors had told me I had Stage IV Ovarian Cancer. My husbands sobs had woke me during the night... and the greatest pain, was the pain that I could not tell him it would be all right again. That was six years ago this coming January... God is still in his Heaven and I know how much he loves you.

I know!!
    ©2006 by Carol Notermann

I know that I’m not in control… But Thank God that He is!
    I know that I’ve no need to plan, for the best plan is His.

I know that I am not alone. Friends walk the path with me.
    I know that yes, I must be strong, find out what waits for me.

I know that as in "Footprints" there's only one set in the sand.
    and I know that I am clinging, very tightly to His hand.

Today, I'll see what doctors -- can do to help me stay
    here with all my loved ones, cherishing each day.

3. Carol-Charlie

I know!!
    ©2006 by Carol Notermann

I know that I’m not in control… But Thank God that He is!
    I know that I’ve no need to plan, for the best plan is His.

I know that I am not alone. Friends walk the path with me.
    I know that yes, I must be strong, find out what waits for me.

I know that as in "Footprints" there's only one set in the sand.
    and I know that I am clinging, very tightly to His hand.

Today, I'll see what doctors -- can do to help me stay
    here with all my loved ones, cherishing each day.

I wrote this almost six full years ago.... in January of 06... I pray that His hand will comfort and guide you both.

4. Carol-Charlie

Well now I feel stupid.... I thought I'd lost my posting and then generated another.... You can tell I'm praying!!

5. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Continued prayers this morning for Mike's continued improvement and recovery, and for strength and a chance for rest for Jill.

For everyone reading... please stop by the Loose Lips condo today!

6. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Holding you and Mike very closely in our hearts...
    every minute of every day, Jill.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Also sending prayers and many healing thoughts for Mike today.

I will let everyone know if Jill sends an update. I know she has her hands full so even if we don't hear from her, please continue to keep them in your prayers.

8. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Just now seeing this...I add my prayers to the others and will continue asking God 's graces...
    jeanne

9. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

oh gosh. (((Jill & Mike))) sending love and healing thoughts.

10. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Our mountains are looking especially gorgeous today with a fresh coat of snow and a crystal clear AZ blue sky with bright sunshine sparkling off the peaks. I am imagining each of those twinkles on their way to Jill and DH for healing energy and strength as their journey continues.

11. Susan G and Tiger GA

Susan G and Tiger GA Member

just saw this, adding my purrs and prayers to everyone else's for jill and her dh.

12. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

WE CONTINUE TO KEEP YOU BOTH IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!

Attached Files:

13. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Been sending them famous LL vines and snowflakes since I saw the post on FB. Finally made it over here. (((Jill & DH))). Hope you get better and home soon.

14. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

Continue to pray for Jill and DH Mike.

Pattie

15. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Still praying for Jill and Mike

Haven't forgotten about you both!

16. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/16 UPDATE ON JILL'S DH

Morning LL Friends:

Update from Jill today on Mike (actually the email was from last night late). She asks that we keep the healing vines and prayers coming. They are still not able to find the source of the aneurysm and he had excruciating pain yesterday but finally have it under control. He is not in the clear yet. They are still watching him for vasospasms and the best place for him is in the hospital.

From Jill:
    (((Jilll))) Mike and I send you and your Mike all the prayers there are that he will start to improve more and more every day and that you will have strength to endure the long days. Sending healing light, snowflakes, love.

17. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

praying hard

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

(((((((Jill and Mike)))))))

I wish there was something I could do to help. Sending lots of prayers, vines, snowflakes, juju, and whatever else might work.

19. Anne & Zener GA

((((Jill)))) and ((((Mike)))), you are in our thoughts and sending tons of healing energy to you.
    Liz, Anne, Zener & Tillie

20. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Jill and Mike, you are still in my prayers

21. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Definitely still praying and sending strength and healing energy to Jill and Mike.

22. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Thinking of you and Mike throughout the day, every day, and praying he starts to improve. Please take care of yourself, Jill.

23. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Jill, you and Mike are the focus of healing vines, snowflakes and white light from around the world. Never out of our thoughts.

24. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧ ❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧❧

25. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Praying so hard for you and Mike. Know that we are all thinking of you and wrapping our arms tight around both of you.

Attached Files:

26. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Jill and Mike))) Healing vines and keeping you both in my prayers.

27. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Hi Jill-

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to Mike. It happened to my BF Dave last summer. He had a brain bleed brought on by a physical fitness test for work. It was one of the scariest things I've ever been though. I remember the fear of the vasospasms and them trying to locate the bleed. I know how you feel.

Dave came out of it fine! He was in the hospital for ten days - having CT scans, MRI's and angiograms. Half the time he was in the ICU with a very scary diagnosis (subarachnoid hemorrhage). Fast forward a year and it's like nothing ever happened. He's fine. No limitations. I wish the same for Mike.

Dave and I will be thinking of you and Mike! Stay strong.

28. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

What a great post traci, let's hope Mike recovers as quickly as Dave! Sending positive thoughts and prayers!

29. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

OMG Jill
    I am sooo sorry to just be seeing this. What a most difficult and scary time for you. You are being held so close to my heart. If there is anything at all I can help you with - please please let me know. I have alot of experience working with this so if there's anything I can translate or tell you about - I wish I knew more I could do.
    Sending you the warmest of hugs and thoughts!
    xx
    patti

30. Christie & Willie (GA)

Continued prayers for the medical team to find the source of it all, for continued control of Mike's pain and the best possible comfort he may have, for a speedy recovery, and for rest and strength for Jill as she manages the situation.

Huge hugs from us!!

31. Jacspets

Jacspets Well-Known Member

(((((Jill and Mike))))) Continuing to send helaing vines, comforting thoughts and strength for recovery.

32. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Jill & Mike))))

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

33. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((Jill & Mike)))))))) [​IMG]

34. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Beautiful things said right from our hearts--Hope Mike will feel better soon & they will find what & where it is--Meanwhile LL is holding you close Praying for you every moment-Much Love from us!

35. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Praying and praying for the doctors to find out the source of the problem and for pain free days and nights and for a quick recovery.

36. Roni and Moonie

I'm up late tonite thinking of Jill, who used to stay up with me till all hours of the night with Moonie, all those nights almost 4 yrs. ago, helping me, keeping me calm & telling what to do to help her...She gave of herself so freely, & didnt let me get down for even a minute...
    You dont forget actions like that--Jill used to put us all to bed with her Ni Ni. which I have carried on for her-- Wish I could repay you by making Mike well, so all I can offer is my prayers & Love..
    Please get Well Mike--Hope tomorrow brings the answers & the Healing-Love & Hugs from us!

37. mybuddybinks

Jill- if you and Mike have ever questioned whether your generosity of spirit, kindness, hard work, wisdom, and compassion
    influenced lives...wonder no more!

You are one of the steady breezes that fills Lantus Land sails with hope, and the outpouring of love & support here is a genuine testament
    to that.

much love from all of us...

celi

38. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Jill and Mike)))))) sending lots of prayers :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

39. Marje and Gracie

Good morning LL friends. Each day I try to send Jill selected posts from this condo as I know she does not have time to go through them all each day but she will. Yesterday I sent her Tracie and Boomer's post.
    Another update from Jill this morning which she sent late last night:

Thank you all so much for continuing to send prayers, love, and all the amazing things you say to Jill. I know it helps.

(((Jill and Mike))) Prayers for a very successful surgery, skilled neurosurgeons, healing for Mike, more strength for you, Jill. If the outpouring of love alone in LL could cure Mike, he would already be totally well.

40. Anne & Zener GA

Marje, thank you for the update. We are keeping Jill and Mike close to our hearts, sending healing energy to them and the medical people for a complete recovery.
    Liz

41. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Many prayers, much love, and positive thoughts for a successful surgery tomorrow.

Thinking of you, Jill and Mike, :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella and Edward & Rusty

Thank you, Marje, for your updates.

42. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Thinking of you and Mike, Jill ! Best wishes and please keep us posted.

43. Ann & Tess GA

Thinking of you and Mike and sending vines and white light and snow flakes. we will all be praying for Mike on Friday.

44. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers and healing vines for a successful surgery tomorrow for Mike. Lots of love and prayers for you, Jill, for strength and taking care of yourself, too, during this time.

45. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on Mike's condition. I'm happy to hear that Dave's story lifted his spirits. I'm not surprised to hear that Mike's having this surgery. We will be thinking of him until we hear that he's okay!

46. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update Marje! Still thinking of Jill & Mike and hoping for a speedy complete recovery!

47. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines, light and prayers to Mike and Jill and keeping you in my thoughts.

My aunt, who is now in her 70's, had an aneurysm many, many years ago. She underwent surgery and is and has been fine ever since. She did go through a period of confusion but is now sharp as a tack and living a full and active life.

Will keep prayers coming and hoping for a full recovery.

48. DEF

DEF Member

Jill, Hoping all goes well tomorrow. WIshing you strength to endure all the stress that comes with worrying and worrying about someone you love dearly. Hope DH will be on the road to recovery after the surgery and in a few weeks all this will be just a scary (but fading) memory.

Elaine and Pinky

49. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Continued prayers for you Jill and for Mike's surgery and recovery....

over a yr ago my DH was in the hospital and had brain surgery to drain the pocket of fluid he had...it was a scary time for us....he was in the hospital 1 week post surgery and 4 weeks at home....looking back i know we had lots of people praying for him....

you and Mike have many people praying for you two.....know your LL Family cares for you both!

50. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I had passed the following information along to Jill last week. A colleague of mine's DH is an advanced practice nurse (nurse anesthetist) at Vanderbilt. He indicated that the neurosurgeons and the nursing teams there are truly excellent. He felt that Jill's DH could not be in more competent hands.

51. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

[​IMG]

(((Jill and Mike))) sending lots of prayers for a successful surgery tomorrow and recovery...

52. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Sienne is absolutely correct, Vanderbilt is an excellent hospital. We live 3 hours away and that is where our family goes for complicated cases and for expert treatment. My baby granddaughter's heart issues, my brother-in-law's cancer, my best friend's leukemia and so on.

Jill and Mike are in good hands.

Sending more good thoughts and prayers for an easy and successful surgical result tomorrow.

53. mybuddybinks

Well, I wasn't going to share, but I do believe it encourages.

Nine years ago my sister at age 46 was in a coma for 97 days, and was not expected to survive.
    I won't bore you with the details, but in those nine years, she has made unbelievable progress.
    She is alert, active, happy most of the time, and continues rehab with the goal of coming home.
    Some days are better than others, and it has been a long yet amazing journey for her.

I can attest to the gratitude and sheer joy it gives me to have my sister back.

Sending the most powerful prayers and healing energy we can summon..may you and Mike experience the miracle of a quick and complete
    recovery.

celi & her brats

54. Anne & Zener GA

All of our very best to Jill and Mike, tomorrow will be a very difficult day as these sorts of surgeries can often take a long time. It's an entirely different sort of patience pants for waiting room stays. You are in excellent hands with the medical team at Vanderbilt. I am a physical therapist and worked with patients with stroke and brain injury for many years. I am a pretty good medical "translator" if you need one. We have everything crossed here that all goes smoothly tomorrow and Mike will soon be out of ICU.

55. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of you and your husband Jill and hoping everything goes perfectly tomorrow. It sounds like he is in amazing hands.

56. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

11/17 Good Karma Wishes for Jill & Mike

To Jill, who has always, simply by virtue of her very presence on this board, night after night, year after year, even when she didn't have to be here...

Helped every single one of us through our newbie fears...

Listened patiently to our oldie complaints ("I can't get the hang of this new board")...

Held our hands through grief and triumph...

Tucked us in each night with a "ni ni" and a smiley and a "you did great" (even when I didn't)...

And for everything in between...

For Mike, for a super successful surgery, quick healing and a full, fast and complete recovery, and...

For Jill, for strength and healing too...

Good Karma Wishes.

You've earned them.

You deserve them.

You got 'em.

Desi, Tinkerbell, Tawny, et al

57. Marje and Gracie

Prayers
    --for a very successful surgery for Mike
    --for strength and hope for Jill
    --for a total recovery
    --for being home soon

No words can ever convey the gratitude in our hearts, Jill, for all you have done for Mike, Gracie, and me. May it all come back to you and heal your beloved husband and bring him home soon.

(((Jill and Mike)))

58. Pam and Stasha (GA)

Pam and Stasha (GA) Member

Jill, I'm so sorry to hear this news! My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Pam

59. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines continue for you and Mike, dearest Jill. (((Mike and Jill)))

60. Roni and Moonie

Prayers today for a successful surgery for Mike & a ful recovery--I will be thinking of you both all day sending healing vines & love--Jill you mean so much to us--Let us hold your hand now!

61. Jacspets

Jacspets Well-Known Member

Holding Jill and Mike close in my heart today and hoping for a positive outcome and great recovery and strength for Jill.

62. Anne & Zener GA

Thinking of Jill and DH today. Sending healing energy for a successful surgery and complete recovery. Strength and calmness to Jill. Even if not with you in person, we are with you in spirit.
    Liz, Anne, Zener & Tillie

63. Jennifer & Saima (GA)

Jennifer & Saima (GA) Member

Jill and Mike, you are in my thoughts today. Best of luck for an excellent outcome.

64. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

All continue to be in my prayers thoughts hopes. Mannie and I wish you the best....

65. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Continuing to send my healing vines and positive thoughts for Jill's DH. May he make a full and speedy recovery so that he can come home very soon. :YMHUG:

66. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Keeping Mike in prayer for his surery today and sending healing vines his way.....(((Mike & Jill)))
    Our thoughts are with you as we all wait for news Jill...all of our best wishes are with you both...

67. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both today, and sending wishes for a successful surgery. (((Jill and Mike)))

68. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Sending our strongest "successfull surgery" vines your way. . .
    ((((((Jill & Mike)))))))

69. Christie & Willie (GA)

Lots of prayers and healing vines being sent today to both Jill and Mike. May his surgery be successful, his healing rapid, his return home speedy, and through all of it, may Jill be blessed with strength and rest where she can get it.

70. Ann & Tess GA

Sending vines and white light for Mikes surgery today and tons of :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: for Jill.

71. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines and love for Jill and MIke today.

72. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

((((Jill and Mike))))

Holding you close in our hearts and Thinking all good thoughts for a successful surgery today and a complete recovery. Praying that your strength and bravery will help you through this difficult time.
    Sending you much love and hugs--lots and lots of hugs,

Ella and Edward & Rusty

73. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

wondering how things went today . . . thinking about both of you.

74. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I am just seeing this now. How terrfying for you Jill. Many prayers for you that your husband be healed and home with you soon.

75. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hoping everything went well today and that the two of you can soon rest easy.

76. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this!!! Jill & Mike you are both in my prayers, sending healing vines!!!!!!!! Hugs and prayers to you and your family!!

77. sanrun

sanrun Member

Any updates on Jill's DH? Hope he is ok.

Sandy - Dottie, Jeter & Tilly

78. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

(((Jill))) Sending you and DH all my prayers, healing vines, white light and love. I hope Alex has his mom and dad home soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.