11/18 Kylee 107 Day 14 and NS. Test tonight and test as per this forum.+ PMBG 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kylee and Her Mom Renee', Nov 18, 2018.

1. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

I will have to post later.....
    But for now Kylee is Off The Juice. Testing tonight and then I don't know how often I should test her. I know I have read about the ranges for a kitty OTJ. Today has been a wonderful day! Very thankful for everyone who helped me and encouraged me. I was was subborn at times. And for that I am sorry.
    Kylee is laying on my bed as I type this and is bathing. She was crazy wild again today. It is as if she knows she is getting better and what is that this forum says. Over the falls? She is glad I am home and can relax.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Most of us continue to test at least twice a day for awhile.....then gradually reduce how often we test to once a day, then a few times a week, then maybe once a week

But remember that she'll always be diabetic, so she needs to stay on a low carb canned food the rest of her life! We've had more than a few cats lose remission when their caretakers went back to feeding some dry foods.

Be watchful for signs of diabetes too, like an increase in drinking, peeing and eating...and keep her teeth in good shape! Dental disease is another main reason for losing remission.

Don't forget to check out Kylee's OTJ video! It's adorable!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

And that's what it's all about! :D

Congrats, Renee'! I know this hasn't been easy on you so I'm thrilled Kylee cooperated! Like Chris said, once a diabetic, always a diabetic. Kylee is now simply considered diet controlled. Because her numbers are a little bit higher than we'd like to see, you'll want to continue to keep a close eye on her blood glucose. Continue testing at least once a day, definitely twice when you see a blue number to make sure she brings her numbers back down. If all goes well, gradually reduce the testing to once or twice a month.

Besides close observation, using a blood glucose meter to check glucose levels is one of the best methods we have to "see inside the cat". So if she seems "off" at all... pull out that meter and check her glucose levels. It'll give you a head's up if something is brewing... whether it's diabetes or something else.

Congrats again! Don't be a stranger. If you ever have any questions or concerns know you always have a home here.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

Also, be careful if she ever needs any medicine to make sure it doesn't have any sugar in it.