11/18 Quillan amps-354, +3-265, +6-105,+9-218, pmps-395

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MommaOfMuse, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...s-504-3-519-6-474-pmps-403-3-97-5-110.147725/

This boy is just full of surprises, I was fully expecting him to be bouncing like he was made of rubber this morning but nope, the best preshot reading we have had so far. After his free fall last night I contemplated dropping his dose back again but since he didn't drop below 50 and was just surfing when I rechecked him again before turning in for the night I decided this morning to just leave it alone and let his shed finish filling and see if he flattens out on his own.

Also since I have really no data on him up to this point I need to find both his onset point as well as his nadir and knowing Lev like I do I have to wonder if some of these steep drops are him having a lot of carry over so that instead of what right now looks like a very early nadir isn't in fact a very late nadir that is rolling into the next cycle...Time and Testing will tell.

Mel and The Fur Gang

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good day ahead. Good idea to hold the dose and observe what happens!

Enjoy!

Ella & Rusty

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like Quillan is doing great. Nice slide. It will be interesting to see where his nadir is.

4. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Nice slide, Quillan! I agree, it will be interesting to see where he ends up at nadir.

5. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

It's kind of funny because as lovely as his numbers are today it also after doing this dance for nearly 4 years with Autumn it also has me wary, because right now no longer than he has been getting shot twice daily (he was sid in the shelter) his numbers shouldn't be moving this much this soon. 6 years ago with Muse I would have been delighted to see this much progress this quickly but now it has me watching him like a hawk..because experience has taught me his going to do one of two things, either he is going to just level out and start showing that beautiful Levemir flat curves and be steady as a rock, or he is going to make a run for the basement and earn dose reductions quickly.

After seeing him free fall last night I literally as bracing myself for him to be sky high again this morning. I truly expected his meter to just greet me this morning so I was delighted to see that pink. But yellow at +3 okay that's different since with my other 3 that were Lev cats I usually had a still rising number at +3 and that was what I would use as a benchmark if I was going to need to stay with them to make sure they surfed safe or if I could go ahead and crash for the night.

This is one of the reasons no matter how long we do this, never ever get complacent with testing. Quillan is FD kitty #6 here and every single one of them has danced differently. Same insulin, same diet but very different dances.

Mel and The Fur Gang

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.