11/20 Gracie PMPS67 +1 45 +3 69 +4 74 +7 88 +11 333

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30168

Recap:
    6th cycle @ 1.25u
    AMPS: 470
    +1: vet visit
    +2.5: 363
    +4: 270
    +6: 192
    +7: 199
    7th cycle @ 1.25u
    PMPS: 339
    +1: 350
    +2: 348
    +4: 350

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving Caturday Lantus Land!! I hear the kitties are all cooking up a snowboarding trip to bring up Bink's spirits and bring down his slightly pinkish number! Gracie told me the OTJ party for Savannah was spectacular 'cept everyone had to keep an eye out for Tess...she kept wanting to dive into any water she saw. Savannah looked beautiful (as usual) and the food.....INCREDIBLE...another amazing NCIC Mannie meal!! CONGRATS SAVANNAH!!

WCR: I think she is much better this morning but it's hour by hour depending on the eye drops/ointment. She obviously feels better when they are still in the effective range but I, unfortunately, can only give them to her four times a day. Still doing the warm eye compresses and I think that helps. 4Ps in place and she's so cuddly/purry this morning, my sweet girl. They all already had a fresh home-grown catnip party this morning...the girls have to try to get the catnip rubbed all over their faces before the boys eat it :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, started a new pen this morning. The former one only had about .5 ml left in it because I've been having such a travesty getting all the bubbles out of the syringes and so I redraw..wasting precious juice. ANYWAY...I had just uncapped the pen when a hawk chased a dove into the back picture window (KA BOOM) and I turned suddenly and the pen went flying out of my hand and hit the cabinets on the other side of the kitchen with a WHACK!! So...not knowing what that might have done to the lantus as it was flying end over end across the kitchen :lol: :lol: , I just started a new pen. I have ordered the Monoject syringes as several of you said they don't have so much bubble trouble.

Have a wonderful day...it's a beauty here in Tucson...a doors and windows open day!!

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255

Would love to see you in blue today Gracie...can you do that? confused_cat

3. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

She's headed down already at +1, looking good for blue today.
    ohmygod_smile on the pen, but at least it was almost used up. I dropped a brand new one when I was first starting and was panicked. Everyone here told me not to worry, and they were right. it worked just fine.

4. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

binksy armstrong checking in with a gracie song...

"jeepers, creepers...
    gracie's got sore peepers.
    Great Cat Above Us...
    please help this sweet girl's eyes!"

5. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

Oh my that would have made me jump sky high too. So sorry Gracie's having problems with her eyes. It's frustrating to see them suffer. Hope she has a better day and her numbers come down for you. Healing light to her.

6. Kim 'n Shadow

Kim 'n Shadow Well-Known Member

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255 +2 210

Morning Marjorie - I'm betting since her mama is there to take care of her today she'll just do better and better. You have had a hectic week, girl. Nice to see you get some time off.

7. Marje and Gracie

Ann...well, good to know....I was just thinking when I did it of Sienne's experience with the pharm clerk who manhandled her pens and a couple of them were bad. Like you said, at least in my case, there wasn't much left due to my ineptitude. I did get a much better draw today w/few bubbles.

Celi...so great to have you back...love the song!! Aunt Celi....dat song makes me feels besser already!!

Two things that Jill suggested that have really helped ME are (1) keep track of not only the % food I give her but the brand/flavor of food as not all 4%s are created equal AND (2) get +1s to see how those foods are affecting her BG. What I have found is that, while feeding the 1% foods at AMPS keeps her from getting a food spike, she also drops fast. Some of the 3-4% foods actually do cause her to have a 50 "pt" spike at +1. It seems that Wellness 4% foods (chicken, turkey, beef/chicken) neither give her a food spike nor allow her to go crashing down as long as I am feeding them starting at AMPS. WN is not her favorite...but she will eat it. So today I've been feeding WN chicken since AMPS and she's just coming down slowly. Mike and I would be happy if this is what we see....a gradually dropping AMPS/PMPS and flatter blue; yes, we'd like green but if we can just get her flatter, if we have to up the dose a bit, it would help. Perhaps she is also starting to settle into this dose now and not experiencing numbers that cause those horrible red bounces (yesterday made me apoplectic!!). All speculation I surmise but who knows??

eta: You got that right, Kathy....see note above :lol: :lol:
    Kim: I think her eyes are feeling better which helps and it doesn't hurt to have mama around!!! Have a great day.

8. Danette & Esmeralda (Essi)

Danette & Esmeralda (Essi) Member

Good Morning Tuscon,

I love having the window and doors open, even if its a lil cold, just air's everything out ;-) Okay if its raining here, does that mean its headed your way? ;-) Crapola Wow what a day Gracie had yesterday, can I just say Crapola one more time LOL.... Im sure it was just as stressfull on you guys toooo... Gracie feel better baby, let the ointment due its thing, she doesnt try to clean it off?

A few things I still dont understand..... 1. How cats,furbabies,kitties, cant digest there own fur, when its their instint to clean themselves...... 2. Why cant they just tell us when it hurts, or something isnt right.
    Just never understood those things.... LOL

Gracie ~ feel better girlfriend, and I bet those warm compresses feel REALLLLLY GOOD..... Oh "fresh" catnip, isnt that just the best ever ~ Essi

Attached Files:

9. Kim 'n Shadow

Kim 'n Shadow Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: more interesting food chat - love it! :D

10. Marje and Gracie

Danette: thanks for your post and the cute picture...Gracie is a catnipaholic!! Yes..the numbers yesterday were not what I wanted to see but between a bounce and probably pain in her eyes, I at least was glad she got into some blue. She doesn't wipe the ointment off as I usually just use a warm baby cloth to get the residual away from her eyes. The ointment we are using now is just to allow her to open her eyes without it hurting....it soothes the eyelid (which is what is inflamed altho I can't tell that it is). Ditto on the questions!!!

11. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

Marjorie I forgot to mention that I was using Monoject and also some BD. FWIW I had a terrible problem getting bubbles out and filling the upper area of the barrel. Where the end of the plunger is there is a peaked area that is so hard to get the air out. Can't count the number of syringes I threw away or insulin I wasted trying to get the infernal bubble out. :-x
    Two things made a big difference. One, was getting the Relion syringes. Their barrel and plunger are designed better. Two, the hint about holding in the plunger when putting it into the stopper on the pen made a huge difference. Now I draw up less insulin because the bubbles are easy to get out and I have much less waste. My first syringe was almost empty in 40 days. This one has hardly gone down much. I used to love Monoject when I worked in the hospital it was my favorite syringe to draw up insulin. Not any more they have changed. :sad:

12. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255 +2 210 +4 160

Kathy....thanks. I actually started on the Relion syringes and did not like them at all...I found the plungers to be uneven in width and so it was difficult to microdose. Who knows...I may go back to those. That's interesting about the monoject because I've had more people tell me they get less bubbles with those. Guess we'll see. I have been trying to slowly slowly draw out the juice and it was better today.

Kim...just my experiments; I know you feed Shadow on an hourly basis right? LC? I just have to be sure I get Gracie fairly full before her nadir so she can surf.

13. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Lets see some blue today, Gracie! I hope she's feeling better soon, Marjorie. I recently switched from Relion syringes to Monoject, but I also ordered GNP syringes and they look identical to the Monoject. I haven't tried the GNP yet, but I know that Sienne likes the GNP and they were a couple bucks cheaper. The Monoject are way better than the Relion. I'm sorry I didn't switch sooner. Sorry about that new pen. You never know, it might still be okay. Have a great day, Marjorie!

14. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

Isn't it funny how just as ECID, EHID when it comes to our experiences with supplies :lol: I had wanted to try the GNP but am doing OK with Relion. You are correct about how the end of plunger looks uneven but I use the side of the syringe to measure dose so I won't see it. ;-) These tiny doses are so challenging as it is. In the end we all have to find what works for us.
    Gracie's wanting green :mrgreen:cat_pet_icon

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Am I ever late in getting to your condo today - so much going on here too. :D

a gorgeous day in Tuscon? NICE! We had a sun break this AM - for about 4 hours: 38, sunny, beautiful. We await the snow that i suppose to be here tomorrow. I can't remember the last day I had the doors and windows open. :lol:

I hope things are getting better for Gracie's eyes. Sounds like it is.

Too funny, well maybe not, on the flying pen this morning... another great pen/syringe discussion. EHID too. Been using BD syringes from the get go - never much of a problem with them. The pens are a hit and a miss. I like them better than the vials, but the bubbles are such a pain. I find I do better if I draw very slowly, 100 % vertical,and wait for the pressure to equalize - alot of times if I wait the pen will suck up the air bubble. all such a blast, isn't it?

and another good food discussion. :D true on the foods and their %'s - I've added it to my SS - great tool! and so true on the +1.

Nice to see Gracie making that slow slide into the blues. GO GRACIE!

Hey Gracie - you are one cool snowboarder - but the ski-jumping? WOW - and look at you fly and flip and turn and spin... :cool: Way too cool. ~~ Mannie

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255 +2 210 +4 160 +6 124

marjorie hi it's lori! i have been homebound for a week with a nasty flu and total laryingytis.
    so this is my only form of entertainment...and your thread never dissapoints.
    do you realize the entire rest of the board is as dead as a door nail?
    sad.
    i'll just cruz around here.

17. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255 +2 210 +4 160 +6 124

Ele...looks like she will have a nice blue surf and I hope she continues it through later in the cycle instead of popping up. If I could get a lower PMPS, we might see something good tonight. I have to wonder if the eye situation isn't keeping her BG just a tiny elevated. I did look at the GNP syringes and noted they were just a bit cheaper than the Monoject so I went with the latter simply because I'd heard more people say they liked the MJ. I know Anne switched to BD about the same time that I did and she wasn't that happy with them.

Kathy..absolutely EHID...that's why some of us like the shorter needles, other like the longer. I've heard it's easier to give fur shots with the longer and Gracie didn't even like the 30g needles...she doesn't even flinch with the 31g so I have to stick with the shorter needles. I'm not sure if I understand the issue about better absorption because the difference in needle length is not that much and I wouldn't think people are sticking a 1/2" needle all the way into the cat...are they??? I suppose they could if they got a really nice tent as long as they didn't go through. Gracie is so plush that it's hard to get a huge tent on her and I don't want to be squirting juice out the other side :lol: :lol:

Lori...I've been meaning to call you!! I'm so sorry you're sick and glad you find some entertainment here but it seemed to me a little boring on my condo today because Mister Humor...Mike...is working!! Would love to talk to you..sorry about the laryngitis!! I hope you feel better soon. Hope Tom Tom is good!

Michelle....yes, a gorgeous day; I'm trying to putter in the backyard between tests...the summer got us good this year so I'm finally getting around to putting some things back out for fall. 38 during the day? :shock: I'd be in my long johns :lol: :lol: I appreciate your tips on the insulin drawing....I went super slow today and got no bubbles but I'm going to try for the pressure to equalize before I w/d the syringe and see if that helps, too. Yes...I'm glad she's in blue...at least she's in a healing range after all that pink yesterday but I need her to be in it LONGER.
    Mannie I'm so good at flips and stuff cause I practices my gymnastics every day!! I love doing handstands in my wooden trash can. Had so much fun today!!

Attached Files:

18. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255 +2 210 +4 160 +6 124 +8 98

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Took awhile!!! But green is green. Now stay down Baby Girl and have a nice blue PMPS!!

19. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie AMPS 264 +1 255 +6 124 +8 98 +12 30 HELP

Stalling for 15---she is at 30!!! Do I stall/retest or feed...Libby said feed the 40s

20. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/20 Gracie +12 30 HELP

yep, you can feed this. You can even put a little (little) dab of gravy if you want.

21. mybuddybinks

bump

22. Marje and Gracie

Libby..thank God you are there...feeding.

Ok....the shock has worn off. She's eating. Do I keep testing every 15 so I can hopefully shoot tonight? I don't want to mess up her shed.

23. Libby and Lucy

Re: 11/20 Gracie +12 30

we'll have to stall until we know that whatever rise we see is not just food spike. How much did you feed? Yes, you are supposed to feed 30's, I'm just wondering so we can know what kind of rise to expect.

24. Marje and Gracie

I fed her 2 tsp 4% (because I had it ready) with 1 tsp 9% gravy...she will skyrocket with much more than 9%.

I can't believe this number....she was coming down SLOW today and I gave her a snack at +6; I didn't test her because I'd been testing every two hours and tho't by +8 she had hit her nadir...with her eye inflammation, I've been trying to go easy on her unless she was really in the green.

25. Libby and Lucy

good. Get the 15 minute test just to be sure she is bumping up, but we'll wait for a significant rise before shooting. How long can we stall tonight before making a total mess of your schedule?

26. Marje and Gracie

Schedule doesn't matter because we're both home all week so we can get her back on. Retesting at 45 after hour.

eta: she seems ok...drinking a little water and stretching.

27. mybuddybinks

gracie was good enuf to wait till you had week off...what a gal!

28. Libby and Lucy

that's good. See you in a few.

29. Marje and Gracie

33 +12.25 feed more? should I add karo?

30. Libby and Lucy

more gravy would be good. Probably the low carb hasn't kicked in yet. A little more gravy wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't add karo, it's probably not necessary this late in the cycle. The important thing was to make sure she had stopped dropping, though we do want to get her out of the 30s.

31. Marje and Gracie

feeding more gravy..9%...she's playing

32. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

wow! I won't get in the way - you're in good hands... welcome to the been in the 30's at shoot time club. you'll be fine - as will Gracie. remember your training... :D

33. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

OH MY!!! I stopped into your condo because I saw the +12 heading of 30, then was reading and thought, oh, maybe a typo...then....Yeppers, I see that 30 and it's not a typo at all!! Didn't expect that at all did you??
    But, you know what to do and you will do great! I think Gracie just wanted a little gravy to help with her sore eyes......

34. Marje and Gracie

ok..she's at 53...I knew the 9% would do it. Now what? I'm calm now :lol: :lol:

35. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ummmm that's what i thought too. like maybe she meant 12:30
    oh marjorie what a set of BOS you have developed. amazing. and to think...this is going to be shot at this evening at some point. :shock: have you called dh yet to share the "HOLY COW" moment? :lol:

36. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I would wait another 15 - 20 min. and retest. You want to see if her numbers will stay up without the help of the HC.

37. Marje and Gracie

Hey Deb and Lori....Mike called me as I was warming da gravy!! He's said more than HOLY COW :lol: :lol:

38. Marje and Gracie

Sienne....thanks...cross posted. Are you taking over for Libby? I never gave Grace any HC...just 4% food w/9% gravy. So no feeding..we just want to see if she'll come up now right?

39. Libby and Lucy

yes, let's wait. We don't want to shoot a carb spike.

40. Marje and Gracie

Thanks Libby....she's right here...seems to be ok. I'm breathing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michelle...so..."been in the 30s at shoot time" club...is that supposed to be an honor? ;-)

41. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nope. Not taking over. I'm in between craziness at my conference and checking in to see that Gracie is keeping you on your toes. I'm here as a bit of back up and support.

42. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie +12 30 +12.95 60

Sienne...Thank you...I know you have more fun things to do.

Ok...she's at 60 at +12.95 did not feed the 53.

43. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: 11/20 Gracie +12 30 +12.55 60

let me get this straight marjorie, gracie tests in at 30 bgs +12 and you decide to 'warm the gravy' before her highness licks it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

44. Libby and Lucy

good. I would feel more comfortable waiting just a bit longer before shooting, to be sure this is a real rise and not just from the food. Sound ok to you?

oh, and when you do shoot, dosecrease! I would do a 0.25 reduction because of the 30.

45. Marje and Gracie

It was in the FRIG..it was cold and she doesn't like it cold :lol: :lol: :lol: After all....I owed her that after being a TRES negligent mamabean today. :oops: :oops:

46. Marje and Gracie

Libby....I have to do a dosecrease? Or am I doing a BCS? I've been wanting Gracie to earn her reductions more and she hasn't done anything much with this dose yet....uh...until tonight but if I had been monitoring her, this wouldn't have happened. Not being argumentative...I just don't want to go down then up etc...
    But I will do what you think is best for her....she just hasn't been holding reductions so I was wanting to switch to the three separate cycles below 50 routine. I trust your judgement though...just wanted to update you on what we wanted to try so she'd hold the reduction.

So retest 15 or 20 after last test? And will you tell me at what number to shoot?

47. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Looking good Marjorie - Mannie decided he wanted to see what Gracie was up too - and went looking for her. :shock: great - now she's higher than he is... :lol:

and the 30's club? :lol: :lol: more of a right of passage, and with that come that comes the honor. :cool:

48. Libby and Lucy

yes, you have to do a dosecrease for a 30. Any time they go under 40 you have to reduce. If you don't want to do a full reduction you can do a skinny since you monitor a lot.

Probably the next test will be shootable. I just like to be convinced that she's not going to head right back to the 30s as soon as the food wears off.

49. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

see marjorie that's where this protocol always confuses me...how do you truly know when a cat would go under 40 since there is so much 'steering' and in that case how is it ever a valid dip below 40. the way you guys do it the dose, unsteered, would likely give a bg of 20. and btw, i don't expect you to answer that. at least not tonight.

50. Marje and Gracie

+13.25 she's at 67....so a skinny 1.25u? I can definitely live with that. Haven't fed for an hour. Got lots of strips and pokeys and will be here all night.

51. Libby and Lucy

sounds good. Then feed and get a +1 (of course!).

52. Marje and Gracie

Shooting. Wow...I was hoping for that dramatic SHHHOOOOOOTTTTTT from you, Libby. I'm so disappointed :lol: :lol:

53. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes marjorie, the food, it's the food talkin now. be careful.

54. Libby and Lucy

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Wow! See what happens when I sleep all day_ I miss all the excitement. Even Tori who loves to go super low at times has never at 30 at +12. Looks like you may have a busy night here or she may bounce and make it anti-climactic. Glad her eye is feeling better. Has your hair turned gray yet?

56. mybuddybinks

BOS INDEED !!!

NICE JOB, GIRL!

57. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok, you guys are sure this is'nt just the carb spike and then right back down. ok ok. @-)

58. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

um....

[​IMG]

sorry haven't been able to post much. Having massive PC issues :?

MJ&Donovan

59. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Sounds good to me - IMHO. Just watch her well tonight. Know you will. :D

60. Marje and Gracie

Ok..shhhhottttttttt!! (Thanks Libby...now I feel better) sk1.25...will check at +.5...I think I shall err on the side of caution :lol:

Barb...had to run to the mirror to check...no, whew...it's still red.

Lori...I'm watching her closely....will check every 30 min until she's up and if she has a low number, I'll check every 15.

Libby...can you pls give me an idea what happened with this tonight? Is this a sign her pancreas is finally working or did her insulin have a longer duration and why would it do that if nothing had changed....I didn't change my injection site. Most of all THANK YOU for being there :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: You were there for us the first time she went low and now you got your wish from that first day...taught me to shoot low!!

61. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67

Gosh....we were wondering if the day would ever come that we'd actually get to post a PMPS like this? Scary...yes....but I'm so weary of the 300s and those ugly 400s....I'm sure they'll be back after this but just once...to post this number!!

MJ...NO KIDDING!!!

Michelle...PJ Party???

Question: if she bounces way back up, how long should I keep checking her now that she's done this to me?? I'm assuming if she bounces and does not move, it's ok to quit testing after +6 or so or should I test all night?

62. Libby and Lucy

take a deep breath! LOL! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. For right now all it means is that the dose is too high. You also shot a slowly dropping number this morning (looks like a bounce cleared overnight) and she kept slowly dropping all day. Gracie just wanted to hurry back to green!

Once you're sure the bounce has started, you can go to bed.

63. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just for fun...could'nt it also mean pancreatic action?
    will i be run off the set for having a notion?

64. Marje and Gracie

Lori: dreamers that you and I are :lol: :lol: Looks like the dose was too much.

Libby:
    Should I not have shot that number but instead stalled to see it coming up? I was thinking since it was so high, it was ok to shoot that number but is the rule to never shoot a dropping number? I had that happen one other time and was told it was ok when the numbers were that high. And she came down REALLY nice and slow today. Was shooting a dropping number the reason why her insulin had such a long duration? Checking now at +.5

65. Libby and Lucy

sure, her pancreas could be sputtering. Usually once Mr. P is on the job for real, we know it because the bouncing goes away. But it's certainly possible that he is working part time.

66. Ann & Tess GA

Congratulations Marjorie! You handled that beautifully! It's a heart stopper when you see that low a number at preshot isn't it? This is becoming a nightly habit around here! :lol: Really good work tonight.

67. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +.5 60 TOO LOW??

Thanks, Ann...you're an old pro at it.

Libby...should I be worried about this number? Should I feed her a little more or put any gravy on it?

68. Libby and Lucy

you did fine. Personally, I don't like stalling in most cases, once the bean has the data and when it's someone who will monitor. Once I got comfortable, my personal rule of thumb was to shoot at +12, almost no matter what. If she needed a reduction, she earned one. If she didn't earn it, she didn't get it. Obviously anyone would stall 30's-40's, though.

69. Marje and Gracie

Libby...should I be worried about this number? Should I feed her a little more or put any gravy on it?

70. Libby and Lucy

a little gravy wouldn't hurt. She has already earned her reduction for tonight so we don't have to make her surf so low.

71. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I missed all the excitement! I had computer problems too and I think they were related to google docs. Anyway, what BOS! you have Marjorie! Was DH there to witness this? Keep an eye on that Gracie. :RAHCAT

72. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i had a heart stopper knowing she was bound to shoot it...and yet to be giddy and excited by shooting it. i'm afraid my innocent lil marjorie has joined the ranks of the the fearless flyers shooting their way thru anything...and i mean ANYTHING.
    oh how i remember our earliest conversations. such innocense.
    but marjorie i do believe that Mr. P. was talkin to ya. and i still don't see how a talkin mr. P would stop bouncing.
    i mean ya got a talkin mr. p...then ya got your insulin on board. hey the liver is only doing it's job.
    i may be a lowly pzi'er but i know sumtin bout mr. P, ms. L, and what happens when they all meet SHOOOOOOOOT!

ok, i goes away now fur startin up debate.

73. Marje and Gracie

Thanks, Libby...that's what I was thinking...I guess they are actually still the same number but just a little lower.

Ele...BOS :lol: :lol: No...Mike isn't here but he's been calling me every 5 mins :lol: :lol: All I can think of is WHY ISN'T THERE ANY CHOCOLATE IN THIS HOUSE??? :lol:

74. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

You're on! PJ party it is.

I'd stay on top of it for a while there - a little down at the +.5, you got the food, you got the karo if needed, you are in control. :D fwiw - i would feed this, she's already proved her point - food won't hurt.

FUN!

75. jennifer & korbel (GA)

jennifer & korbel (GA) Member

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +.5 60

Wow, you've certainly had an eventfull day!
    You did wonderful

76. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +.5 60 +1 45

Wow what a day/night for Gracie :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

77. Marje and Gracie

Thanks Michelle and Jennifer.

Ok...she's not giving up...gave her 1 tsp 9% and a drop of karo. Will recheck in 15.

78. Libby and Lucy

you can add a couple more drops of karo, let's get her up from there.

79. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

ditto on the karo.

80. Marje and Gracie

gave her more karo while waiting to hear from you

81. Libby and Lucy

good. will be watching for her next test.

82. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +.5 60 +1 45 +1.25 52

52 @ 1.25...gave her more 9% and karo. Retest in 15. If she's not up more, I'll give her HC.

Libby...what if she starts back down again on this dose I gave her at +2....just HC her and get her up and try to keep her up?

83. Libby and Lucy

I would just keep feeding little bits of HC. Not a lot at a time in case it takes a little while to get the numbers up. She'll start her bounce on of these days, you just have to keep her from dropping until the liver takes over.

I'm going to test and feed my own crew, but I'll be back before your next test.

84. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hey Marjorie! It's what I'm doing with Mannie now - it's all HC until he is up more. It's not much more than a tsp, but with as much gravy as I can squeeze out of the can. Just keep at it. I've gone as far as +7.5 with Mannie on one of these dives, every 30 minutes.

:D are we having fun yet? Mannie is - he takes these 20 minute naps, then goes and waits by his test stuff. omg - psychic cat.

Gracie - UP, ok?

85. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +.5 60 +1 45 +1.25 52 +1.75 103

She's up to 103 @ 1.75 but that could partially be the karo so I just fed again but no karo. I'll keep testing every 30 mins.

Thanks Libby...you must be exhausted...it's late your time. Unless she bounces, it's gonna be a lllloooooonnnnnggggg night...even still, I'm sure I'll be checking her pretty often. Thanks again for everything.

Michelle...at least I know you are one hour earlier than me and looks like you'll be up a while, too.

86. Libby and Lucy

looks good, but you're right, it's still early in the cycle. Stay on top of things until you know she is staying up there. You can probably wait an hour since she ate.

Great job tonight!

87. Ann & Tess GA

You're doing great Mrjorie, now you need to see if it's the karo talking or she will stay up on her own.

88. Libby and Lucy

I am crashing, so I'll recap the plan (even though you already know it):

1) small amounts of food at a time. Don't be afraid to use liberal amounts of gravy. It won't make her bounce any more than she already plans to bounce, so try to keep her in the 60's or higher even if it involves gravy and syrup to do that.

2) keep testing until after her nadir OR until you're sure the bounce has started.

3) leave food out when you go to bed, even if she seems nice and high.

I'm sending a note out to a couple of night owls to check in with you and with Mannie if they happen to be around tonight.

89. Marje and Gracie

Ann...thanks for checking in...yeah...I need to watch that once the karo wears off.

Libby thanks for staying up so late. The only thing I'm not able to do is leave food out....the kitten will be on it in two seconds so it's just easier for me if she bounces to just get up and feed her a couple times. That way I know she's getting it. I have no idea what her nadir is any more. It was around +6 but lately it seems to be shifting to +8 and today...I have no clue. Once I get her up and she's still rising, I'll just get up every hour and check and feed...I got nothing to do tomorrow except sleep unless she decides to do this again. But I have to believe she'll bounce and I'm afraid big time.

90. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hey marjorie - oh what fun huh... I know on the nadir thing - Mannie's is usually +6, maybe a little before or a little after, but with these dives it shifts - sometimes it's almost to +8. I can't leave food out either - same reason - the other two would claim it for sure.... so - same thing somebody has to get up and feed.

wow - what a night. and a dose reduction to boot - though I understand why you are reluctant to take it. been then once on that one too... in the long run though, for us, it worked out that I did.

well, time to get set for another test. oh goodie. :D

91. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +1 45 +1.25 52 +1.75 103 + 2.25 88

88 @ 2.25...karo wore off; gave her 1/4 tsp 4% (for her supplements) and 1/4 tsp 18% gravy. I have to get her up before her insulin kicks in.

92. Libby and Lucy

yes, I'm still up. Gracie got my adrenaline going too much to sleep!

When will Mike be coming home? I know it's a lot earlier there, but I want you to have help.

93. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

18 % ought to do it. Mannie's personal favorite :D

Come on Gracie -UP!

94. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +1 45 + 2.25 88 +3 69

Libby...I'm sorry...I had to get something to eat....hadn't eaten since breakfast.
    I'm so sorry to keep you up...I hope you can get some rest. I've just been giving her 18%...can't believe she fell with that but she's at 69 now. I stretched the testing out by 15 mins to get on the hour to make the numbers easier to post but because of where I am in her cycle, I'm going to retest in 30.

Mike won't be home until Tuesday :sad: Going it alone tonight except for you!!! Thanks and if you need to go to bed, then you should. I imagine I'll be up all night with just quick cat naps.

95. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +1 45 + 2.25 88 +3 69 + 3.5 50

50 @ 3.5...gonna be a long night. I gave her a tsp of 18% gravy and 2 mls karo. Recheck in 30.

96. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Hi Marjorie,
    I got up to let the drooler out...how are you doing? It looks like the insulin is kicking in, good that you gave the gravy and karo. I'll stay up with you for a while. :D

97. Marje and Gracie

Doing ok....don't feel like you have to stay up....DH is on a trip and I just hope I can keep her up. I gave her more HC w/out the karo this time and will
    recheck on the hour. I'm just checking her every 30 and that's a long time for you to have to stay up.

98. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

It's ok, Marjorie. I don't mind....I'm an insomniac, I'll be up for a while regardless. ;-)

99. Ann & Tess GA

I'm checking in one last time. I hope she turns around soon, you are doing all you can. Keep napping, it helps. Ni NI.

100. Marje and Gracie

Re: 11/20 Gracie PMPS 67 +1 45 + 2.25 88 +3 69 + 3.5 50 +4

Okey doke..THANK YOU....she's up right now but that's probably karo. I'm giving her 18% gravy every 15 mins so hopefully I don't have to give her the karo cuz I think I can get a much better indicator of how she's coming up without the karo. Usually nights are her higher cycle...obviously not tonight!! :lol:

Thanks, Ann....haven't napped yet...adrenalin still going. I appreciate you checking in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.