11/21 Sherlock AMPS 286, +3 253, PMPS 249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LexaJoy, Nov 21, 2018.

1. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

Happy pre-Thanksgiving! If that's a thing, anyway. Sherlock has been mopey today because no one will let him into the food stockpile, and with good reason. There isn't a lot we cook ahead, but not everything fits in the pantry, so it's a delicate dance of finding places high up to stash things so he won't find and nibble them. His brother is worse, though. Moriarty has broken into bags of flour, sugar, and rice before, the little jerk.

Off to boil eggs, in anticipation of deviled eggs later! Hopefully everyone who is already cooking is having a successful go of it.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here is the link to your previous post, for continuity: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/11-20-sherlock-amps-316-3-321-pmps-312.206801/

I was so happy we had pocket doors to the kitchen when Neko was first diabetic. Her acromegaly meant she was literally STARVING all the time. We got very good at finding places to hide the food.

Sherlock has been at this dose for over a week, with nothing lower than 150. When the holidays are over and you have time to monitor, I'd increase back to 1.75 units and see if he can handle it next time without diving into the low greens.

3. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

I'm still learning about hiding places. For now, it's sticking things in the microwave and on top of the pantry or fridge. Unfortunately, I am quite short, so... the step stool figures into all of these activities. But it's good exercise, I guess?

Oh, good. I was thinking we needed to go up again, but wasn't sure, so. Thank you for the confirmation! We ought to be home Friday, since we aren't big on joining the shopping fray, so we might go ahead and take him up to 1.75 again on Friday. Then we can watch him while enjoying post-holiday food comas and binge-watching to catch up on this season of Doctor Who.

Wendy&Neko likes this.