11/23 Silver AMPS 8; +3=7.4; +5=6.5; +7=6.8; +9=7

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittyMom777, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

11/23 Silver AMPS 8 (144)

Ok, this helps...I just had no idea what I was aiming for or looking for. Sorry for the rant yesterday. I was just frustrated with the higher numbers again...now I will get scared with the low number. Just cant win. Meanwhile he is purring on the end of my bed as if to say "whatcha stressing about, I'm fine"!

So Silver surprised me this morning with an 8 AMPS (144). I am confused as to why so low when such a high AMPS yesterday morning. Does this mean he is back on track where he was on Friday before I gave him the half unit? If that's the case, then its highly likely I will see green during the day. Mel, whats the best way to handle this. Yes I want a tightly controlled kitty but I don't know how that can be possible unless I am going to shoot green and go to work - do you think that is safe with our current data? I gave him 1u this morning anyways as I am home all day. I might need some keeping an eye on today depending on what he will show us - should I do a full curve again? or just a mini curve - every three hours? I know I just shot past the NO SHOOT number that you gave me but am doing that based on what happened yesterday when I reduced the dose. His numbers are confusing me. If yesterday was a bounce has he stopped bouncing today? Should I drop the dose or let him settle on 1u? Wait and see?

Juliet and Silver

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Re: 11/23 Silver AMPS 8 (144)

I have something for you to go read and to read often in these early days of this dance, and yes, you are still in the early days (there is a reason why we classify a cat as newly dxed for a YEAR).

A Letter From Your Cat This will at least make you smile if not laugh out right. :D And it is also ooooooh so true.

Since your home today to monitor, let's wait and see how he does today before we decide if he does or does not need his dose reduced. He'll tell us with his numbers what the next step is.

And you are correct, a lot of this is guess work right now, because we have limited data during the week to work with, and because you are still collecting data that fills in the puzzle.

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Re: 11/23 Silver AMPS 8 (144)

Thanks. I've read that and it's definitely true. I went hunting for him yesterday as he was out of sight and he was sleeping in the closet. Something he's done often but he scared me silly!

Ok. I will post his numbers and shout if they are too low. I am concerned about what I do tomorrow morning if it's too low?

4. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Re: 11/23 Silver AMPS 8; +3=7.4

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, Today will tell us what he's going to do with 1u on a low blue preshot. If he stays fairly flat and just touches his toes in the grass to dry off a little after a day in the lagoon then we will know he's safe to keep on this dose. If he still drops hard and fast early on then if he is low again tomorrow morning we can drop him back a little just to let him stay paddling in the lagoon while you are away making his and Sasha's cat food money.

Mel and The Fur Gang

5. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Re: 11/23 Silver AMPS 8; +3=7.4

:D Yes I think I would be happier if he were in the lagoon all the time :) given my schedule.

6. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Re: 11/23 Silver AMPS 8; +3=7.4; +5=6.5; +7=6.8

Ok...looks like he's staying safely in the blues today and on the way back up. One more test til PMPS.

Juliet and Silver

7. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

He looks great Juliet. Woo Hoo :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

8. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Thanks Nadine. I like the fact he's stayed pretty flat today.

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Look at the beautiful blue cat!!

[​IMG]

10. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Thanks Chris. Nice and steady today....

11. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

another blue green kitty

Attached Files:

12. Chris & China (GA)

OK Juliet....With the green preshot, you have a few options

If you can stall, don't feed and recheck in 20 minutes, that will let us know if he's continuing to fall or the last shot is wearing off

Can you do that?

13. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Ok...well its been three hours since I last tested and he was at 7 so still dropping three hours later. Will retest in 20 mins.

14. Chris & China (GA)

Also, how much can you change your shot schedule in the morning?

15. Chris & China (GA)

Juliet contacted me on Facebook because she wasn't getting any replies and was running out of time

She wants to shoot 1 unit tonight, and I told her as long as she is SURE she can stay up tonight to test, that would be OK. She is going to run across the street to the store after shooting to get some Gravy Lovers food and syrup or honey in case she needs it

She has to shoot now or it will mess up her schedule in the morning.

16. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Ok. I just fed him and shot the 1u.

I will test again in an hour. Sooo scared but I guess you guys face this all the time. My hands are shaking.

Juliet and Silver

17. Chris & China (GA)

Hopefully he'll do just like he did today and surf pretty in green and blue numbers through the whole cycle!

Yes, we go through it all the time, but we also remember the first time we shot a lower number. It can be terrifying!

The first time China dropped below 50, they told me to give her a little Karo, syrup or honey. I ran in the kitchen, dumped about a cup full of maple syrup in a bowl and offered it to China, who promptly lapped up about half of it (well, maybe not half, but you get the point)...Only later did I find out it was supposed to be a drop or two!!

I REALLY got her out of those lows quick....LOL

18. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Ok well I feel better now I am prepared. All they had was honey - late evening on a Sunday night the only store open. I took ages to find the gravy lovers - they call it different in Canada so I got one that said marinated salmon. I hope thats marinated in gravy! He is purring happily on the couch so he seems fine. I will test in 30 mins at +1

I guess I am staying up late tonight. Glad I got a sleep in this morning!!

Thanks for being online Chris...needed you today.

19. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

You are doing great Juliet even though you are anxious.

20. KittyMom777

KittyMom777 Member

Thanks Voula

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.