11/27 Sherlock AMPS 383, +3 407, PMPS 286, +3 300

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LexaJoy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

We-ell... I'm hoping the wonky numbers today are because of his missed dose yesterday. We haven't seen a number in the 400's in about ten days, so, teensy bit discouraging.

I'm also a little flustered with the dose. We were at 1.5 a couple of weeks back without seeing a lot of progress, went up to 1.75... and had that little scare with very low numbers, so we dropped back. Another week plus at 1.5 and still not a lot of progress, went back up to 1.75... and had that crazy PM number yesterday. So it seems like... 1.5 isn't enough, but 1.75 might be too much? Is there a good way to get a number between there? Or am I just reading too much into this?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Wendy, @Wendy&Neko , has helped me in the past, not sure if she is available to have a look at your question tonight, but it appears it went unanswered yesterday. There is a strategy of skinny doses, but I'm thinking you're not quite there yet with Sherlock. And there are other factors like insulin needs can and do change, how the insulin is absorbed, the insulin needle accuracy...and cats don't always do what we expect. But, maybe Wendy or others might chime in.

ETA: you could put a question mark, and maybe add this question from yesterday to today's post, just so folks are looking and responding to today's post.

3. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

I think after tonight's low number, we'll just cruise along at 1.5 for a while again and review this weekend, maybe. It's still early days and I know I shouldn't be impatient.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Very true, and you need to give enough time to clear the bounce too, which is usually 6 cycles. I still want someone more experienced than me to have a look and offer you their thoughts ;)

5. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

I don't tend to get much in the way of replies, even when I stick the little question mark up there, but I don't worry about it much. There's a couple of folks who check in and that's pretty good. There's a lot here I just read to learn, and that's more helpful than any time I've spent with a vet. You're very sweet to check, though. I appreciate it.

Christie & Maverick likes this.