11/28 raise a glass for Captain Donovan

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Today marks Donovan's one-year anniversary at the Bridge. Please join me in celebrating the life of Captain Donny. Sadly, he was joined by many other precious FDMB angels this year :cry:
    Donny's last condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=57474

I continue to keep you all in my prayers. While I lurk regularly here, I don't post much. Some of you already know that I lost my civvie Daphne Moon on November 14 to lymphoma. A few days after that, my civvie Holleigh-berri, who was hospitalized for renal failure shortly after I lost Donny last year, had to be admitted for IV infusion and anemia issues. It was like a nightmarish deja vu going through that again. After a week her renal values did not improve as much as the vet had hoped, but I decided to bring her home on Thanksgiving and give subq fluids and meds myself. She has a re-check this Friday to see where things stand. My little Piglet is now 16 months old. He is joy. It is impossible not to look at him and smile.
    Piglet's youtube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA075BDEF2479B576

My beautiful Donovan:
    [​IMG]

and one of my favorite photos of Butthead and Donny together:
    [​IMG]

hugs to all,
    MJ

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thinking of you, Captain Donovan, Butthead, Daphne Moon and Holleigh-berri today. It was all so much for one bean! We miss you, but understand.

3. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

. I would like to join in the celebration of Captain Donny's life - It's easy to tell he is well loved and very much missed. I'm sure he, Butthead and Daphne Moon are rolling in the grass together today and sending you all the love they have. That's a lot of love coming at you.

Captain Donny, Here's to you buddy.. You will live forever in hearts down here!!!!
    take good care
    mary and oliver

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

drinking24 Here's to Captain Donovan! Forever in our hearts, forever in our memories!

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm also joining in the celebration of Donny, Butthead, and Daphne Moon, and sending many prayers for Holleigh-berri. Piglet is absolutely adorable!

6. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))
    I was thinking of you this morning....and couldn't post from work cause I had to keep it together...

I always think and pray for you and your babies.....

Your three babies are now playing with Rocket.....

so surreal....

7. Mowgli and Keri

Mowgli and Keri Member

I am so sorry to hear about your many losses this year, I will raise my glass tonite for Captain Donovan and toast all your other kitties too.. Thank you for sharing Piglet, you certainly can't help but to smile!
    ~hugs~
    Take care!

8. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

I'll join you in raising a glass to Captain Donovan and Butthead, and Daphne Moon. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to loose them so close to each other. They are together now and I'm sure they are checking in on you when you least expect it.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((((MJ))))),
    We join you in raising that glass to Captain Donny! And we celebrate the lives of those three amazing kitties: Butthead, Donny, and your new Guardian Angel, Daphne Moon.
    Many, many healing vines for Holleigh-berri.
    And lots of scritches for Piglet. I love his videos.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty (and Chef Stu, who is certainly cooking up an anniversary dinner for Donny and his pals)

10. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((MJ)))

I know how anniversaries stir up our feelings of loss for our beloved kitties. A one year GA anniversary is also a good time for all of us to look back and pay tribute to our sweet friends who will never be absent from our hearts. Donovan, Butthead, and Daphne Moon will always be fondly remembered by so many who have come to know them through your photos, stories and videos. I am sending many healing vines for Holleigh-berri. I hope that you get some encouraging news when you take her back for her recheck.

Take care,

Linda

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Do Lou and I raise a toast to Captain Donny ((((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))))

12. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Shadow and I join in raising a glass!
    [​IMG]

Many many many healing vines for Holleigh-Berri.

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((MJ))))
    I started to read your post while I was at work but had to stop. I was tearing up. The times I catch you lurking always remind me of Donovan and Butthead -- and I smile. (And, of course, I love hearing about Piglet who makes me giggle!!)

To Captain Donovan -- gone but never forgotten and always in our hearts.
    [​IMG]

14. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Blessings to you and all the precious fur babies! They are loved forever and always!

15. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

[​IMG]

Raising a glass to celebrate the lives of our beloved fur kids.. Captain Donavan's, Butthead, Daphne Moon, and my own Gripet (GA Nov. 29 - 2 years ago)... cat_pet_icon

Piglet is soooo cute :YMHUG:

Take care..

16. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

((MJ)) I was thinking of you last night when I took the civies to Dr. B. Squishy's stickers are still there :D

Love the pictures of Donovan and Butthead :smile:

17. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

The glass is raised for beautiful Donovan! And best of luck with Holleigh-berri's exam today.

18. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Hard to believe it has been a year. Thinking of you and all you have been through. My glass is raised for sweet Donny. ((((MJ)))) Piglet is so adorable and I love all the pics of his birth months that you take.

19. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

A year already? Oh, Donovan you were such a special kitty and so handsome too. I definitely will celebrate his life with you! He and Butthead remain strong in my memory because of how you shared their journeys with us. (I loved the Butthead videos.) What great characters. How hard it must have been to lose Daphne Moon so shortly afterwards. (((((MJ)))))).

I will keep Holleigh Berri in my prayers for a good check-up today. I really hope there is improvement.
    And sending return smiles to cute little Piglet since he always makes me smile. :D

20. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

drinking24 Here's to Donovan....we miss you, buddy!
    And cheers to YOU MJ...for BEING there for all of us through the years. Many thanks to you...you are very brave and are such a wonderful Mama Bean to your furbabies. I am sad remembering your losses...your Dear Ones...
    I pray that things go okay for you both today....many hugs to you! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

21. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for remembering my incredible Donny.

Unfortunately I just got off the phone with Holleigh-berri's vet Dr. B (same vet Squeem uses for Emma and Leroy). Creatinine is 11, BUN 150; was 9.9 and 172 prior to hospitalization on 11/15. Anemia has improved somewhat. There isn't much more I can do for her except continue meds/fluids and hope her kidneys "heal" and do more of what they're supposed to do. I don't pretend to understand all of the physiology involved. She got a B12 injection, and I got injectible famotidine (Pepcid) for her. Not a fan of pills, especially with her picky appetite - pill pockets don't work with her. She's a fighter, and I haven't given up, but this really sucks :sad:

I also brought Daphne Moon to the crematorium today. With all of the other stuff going on, I hadn't been able to deal with that. Too much deja vu here, after bringing Donny there almost exactly a year ago.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated. Hard to remain hopeful sometimes...

MJ

22. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwwww (((((MJ)))))),
    Why didn't you tell me about Daphne? I'm so sorry :'( And I'm glad Holleigh is home with you but Oh my my.

Alex and I will happily raise a glass for Captain Donny (to tell you the truth we could use it), and one for Butthead too. And one for Daphne Moon and We'll throw one in with healing vines for Miss Holleigh Berri as well.

Oh Sweetie..I know you miss your boys...Jeeze I do know. :cry:

Captain Donovan, May the road always rise up to meet you!!!!
    [​IMG]

Lots of Love xoxoxo

Caryl and Alex (and Jackson too)!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/caryl428/CAJ.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.