11/28 Tigger AMPS/412 +1/438 +2/361 Reducie! Happy T-Day!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tigger's Friend, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving LL!!!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Tigger's Surgery & Skydive Day

Wishing all KTs (love that, Ann! :lol: ) & Beans a healthy, happy, stress-free, safe, & memorable Holiday! Vines of all kinds out to anyone in need.

Of our many Blessings, I'm counting the FDMB up near the top. I don't think I could've made it through these last few months without your support, wisdom, humor, & friendship. Tigger would've definitely be the worse for wear, or maybe not even here. So, THANKS for all you ALL do! :YMHUG:

After Tigger's surgery yesterday & huge skydive from PMPS/438 to +3/48 (thanks everyone for the hand-holding & humor & a special thanks to Wendy for that spare set of pants when I ruined mine :lol: :lol: ) I think Wendy's guestimate's right on - Anesthesia + v. little food + a drained abscess + pain meds = loss of control of BG drop. nailbite_smile

I went with Wendy's thoughts & will play it safe - I took the reduction from f1.75u (2.81mm) back to 1.75u (2.63mm). I'm the cook today (not my thing, either!), & it's gonna probably be crazy here, moreso than normal chaos! ;-) So - we're gonna do as much as we can to make it safe for Tigger. He seems fine - v. happy, all 5Ps (except poop so far), so I'll hold off on the 9AM Bupe till I see where he's going. He ate a sm. amt. of Spankey's food that can make him vomit :roll:, so I want to make sure he's safe. I'll keep my Condo up-to-date, but prob. can't update SS till later - SORRY! :oops:

Take Care Everyone!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/28 Tigger AMPS/412 Still here & took Reducie!

Morning Suzanne - :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: . Good to see you made it through the excitement. A couple thoughts on bupe - you do want to stay ahead of the pain, so I wouldn't delay that too much. On the flip side, narcotics (like bupe) could cause a little constipation. Not sure if you are seeing that with Tigger, but he might need a little squash/pumpkin or FortiFlora if he doesn't produce.

3. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Re: 11/28 Tigger AMPS/412 Still here & took Reducie!

Hi Suzanne!
    I'm glad Tigger stayed safe last night.
    What a day for you and Tigger yesterday was!

I just wanted to add... when Lucy dropped to 22, I think what contributed most to the cliffdive was fluids given 2 hours prior to the shot.
    I took her to the vet on that day and she got both bupe and sub-q fluids.
    She was dehydrated, so she got 150ml, and that was 2 hours before the shot time.
    She had a tendency to drop after sub-q fluids when I was giving her 125ml (prev. dose), but seems OK on 100ml (current dose), so I think 150ml so close to the shot time definitely had something to do with the drop.
    I don't know if IV fluids have the same effect... I didn't think so but maybe possible..... if Tigger got some fluids at the vet before coming home....
    When Lucy's BG drops after fluids, I have this image in my head of excess water moving around her body under her skin, messing up with her insulin absorption.
    It's probably not what actually happens, but that's the image I picture. :D

Sending more vines to Tigger. He is a tough boy.
    And wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving day and successful dinner preparation!

4. Tigger's Friend

Re: 11/28 Tigger AMPS/412 +1/438 Reducie! Happy T-Day!

Hi Wendy - up late & early for you - no rest for the wicked, eh? :razz: Thanks again for your help last night! :YMHUG:
    We have a higher +1/438, so I'm going on 12-hr schedule with a full dose of bupe (.2mls) @ 9AM

Tigger's usually a good poo-er, but I'll maybe give him some pumpkin tonight or maybe AM +3 to make sure. I'll do fluids today, too & that should help some, too. No Forte Flora here, would Dr. Mercola's Enzymes &/or psyllium do???

Thanks again!!!

5. Tigger's Friend

Thanks, Mariko! I think you've hit on something - Tigger got IV fluids during surgery - no 'bulging pocket' of squids on his body, but his fur was nice & soft so he was well hydrated. His BG dropped about 50pts with 100mls on Tuesday(his usu. sick dose, otherwise its 50mls). I'll do fluids later today, & time it away from Bupe administration to be more safe.

I hope Lucy's feeling good lately, you work so hard to keep her well!

Tigger seems ok with .2mls bupe - not woozy & not amped & not drugged out - He is a little more skittery, but he's also wearing the cone of shame :sad:

Thanks again - gotta go!

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you got some sleep last night and Tigger doesn't get too upset that his nice quiet home has been invaded again.

Tigger's numbers are up again, but that keeps him safe while you are busy. Try not to worry too much. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

7. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Fortiflora is just flavored probiotics, if you have the Mercola probiotics that should help. ABs can destroy the good bacteria in the gut as well as the bad ones causing infection. When a cat gets ABs it is always a good idea to give probiotic, a couple of hours after the abs. if you don't have any (and this is a holiday) I have a good supply, give me a call. We don't have to be anywhere until 3:00.

8. Tigger's Friend

Re: 11/28 Tigger AMPS/412 +1/438 +2/361 Reducie! Happy T-Day

+2/361 - starting to drop & I haven't given Bupe yet - stirfry! But - drop is still a safe level, so not too worried, & Tigger's biggest dives are +1-3 (so far ohmygod_smile :roll: )

Thanks, Ann! I do have Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes & Probiotics - will give a full dose of that w/ fuds @ +3! AND - I hope Tess is surfing safely for you today, too - no Lagoon deep ends on T-Day! Tigger says he'll swim safely if Tess will :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Tigger's Friend

9:45 - (45 min. late) gave .15 mls Bupe rather than .2 - will see what that does. Tigger's acting pretty normal, but he's a great faker. Since I can't monitor as well today, I'm doing everything conservative.

:?: I can give a little more Bupe if necessary before the next 8 hours, right?

He also let me put a compress on him for almost 2 minutes! Good KT! cat_pet_icon

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

OMG....I can't believe I missed all that last night but I fell sound asleep on the couch with my iPad in lap about 10 :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm glad Wendy was there and you all made it through the night. Oh his eye looks like it hurts....poor boy. I agree with Wendy about staying ahead of the pain. I hope he eats well today. While bupe can definitely be constipating, I think it is also ECID. It never did that to Gus and he was on it bid for a few years. It's a good idea to give him some pumpkin....cause you got lots, right? ;-)

I hope you can enjoy your holiday with family.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

11. Kim & Twice

Kim & Twice Well-Known Member

Wow Suzanne. :eek: What a crazy day/night you had yesterday! Sending tons of healing vines to Tigger. His poor eye looks so sore. Hope the warm compresses bring him some relief.
    Hope your Thanksgiving has been somewhat less exciting but much more relaxing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.