11/29 Gracie PMPS 233 Update :((

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Gracie’s 11/28 Amazing Assistance Condo

Good morning...oh gosh did that night go by fast. Many prayers today for Chris Farley, Oren, Minka, dear sweet Bron (hope you are so much better), Amy’s Dad, and Elise’s Mom. We are also so saddened for Isabel at the tragic crossing of her sweet Fred. Holding her close in our thoughts and hearts.

Tons of thanks and hugs to all of you who stopped by yesterday to lend your support and prayers and especially to @Jill & Alex (GA), @Libby and Lucy, and @Wendy&Neko for valuable suggestions and SS scrutiny. This has made me really appreciate what new members must be going through when they first come on and they are dealing with diabetes, DKA, FHL, and we are helping them through it all. I am thankful that at least we are very experienced in the FD dance and understand the basis of the suggestions. Gosh...to have to learn all of that when your kitty is in crisis...I have a newfound respect for those members. I’m glad it doesn’t occur too often.

LBG...lots of good signs. Her weight is stable. I’d have loved to see it down meaning she was losing some of the fluid but not up is a great sign. She slept in her favorite spot last night all night. This morning, while she was waiting on me to get her stuff ready, instead of going to her sick spot, she hopped up onto the sofa and got in her favorite spot on the top of it and watched birds. She doesn’t seem to be quite as perky today but she is moving around a little more. She is drinking a lot of water today although not as much as the last few days and her little sweet tummy is very grumbly.

I should have probably gotten up before +10 last night to give her the 0.1uR and caught the numbers earlier but I can’t give her the slippery elm/aloe combo too early or it doesn’t help her. And I was really tired. Mike would have done it in a heartbeat but I can’t let him get too exhausted and then go fly people around. The fact that he stayed up late and fed her the last two meals and checked her let me get some sleep.

So the 0.1u kept her from going up anymore but it didn’t help her come down so as it was weaning, I gave her 0.2u to see if we can get her back into yellow, at least, today without causing a huge drop. I know her onsets will overlap but as Libby and Jill said, at this high of numbers, it doesn’t really matter. If she drops fast, I can control it.

I’m going to run out later today and let Mike watch her. I need to get a food processor just for her home cooked food. I have a magic bullet just for cat stuff but it doesn’t work so well with the meats and I don’t want to use our human one since it’s had oils, onions, and everything else in it.

I’ll check her at L+4, R+2 and see if I overdid it. Hope everyone is having a great day and kitties are surfing green.

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Marje, and Mike :coffee::coffee::coffee:

It is so good to read that Gracie is feeling better this morning. YAY! keep on getting better Gracie!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Nothing worse than a high kitty (who is your baby girl), worry and exhaustion at night. The resources on this site are awesome - your condo was yet another learning experience for me. Mike is amazing too! A quick note, my R scale was basically double the basic R dose when we got over 300 and factored in whether the highs were from stress or not enough juice and whether she was going up or down at R shot time.

I am so happy to hear Gracie is showing signs of improvement and not hiding. :woot: Scritches to LBG. I can't believe I'm saying in Gracie's condo what I'd been thinking in Neko's last week - paws crossed for yellow! And Gracie - little blue girl is an acceptable acronym too.

4. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Gracie, Cuz michael here. Soooooooo glad you are feeling better this a.m. Keep on getting better.
    I'm sending you more of my special healing meows & purrs:cat:
    More hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug: for Auntie Marje, Uncle Mike, and Cuz Tobey.:cat:

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Gracie is feeling better this morning. More vines to help her along.

6. Marje and Gracie

Haha....my thoughts exactly. Can't believe I was relieved to see a pink AMPS! Before all this, yellow bugged me but you just gotta put it all in perspective. I know the pred is causing part of it and the illness the rest so we give her what she needs and hope to get the numbers down. Thanks for the info on your R scale. I need to focus on that today.

Paws crossed for blue....anything below renal threshold, Missy G.

And she seems a little perkier now....bird watching. Maybe it will warm up enough for some catio time today.

Rachel & Chyna (GA) likes this.
  7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

We were keeping close tabs on your condo last night but didn't want to get in the way of all the amazing advice you were getting. Things do sound very promising today...prayers that she continues to improve and feel more like her sweet sassy self!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Gracie, Watch da birdie and feel better and better!
    ~ Rusty

Hi Marje, We are glad that Gracie is feeling better today and are thinking YELLOW and even BLUE!! I hope that you and Mike will be able to get some "cat" naps in today. Good luck with the various doses. And with the fuds! Come on, Gracie, eat those delicious fuds your mamabean is preparing just for you.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

9. lovey11

lovey11 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Gracie is feeling somewhat better and is bird watching.

10. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Good news! Many more vines for LBG. How wonderful to have that kind of expertise, this is an amazing place.
    Liz

11. Marje and Gracie

Wrong way, LBG...remember Aunt Wendy said "little blue girl"?

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Gracie, sweetie, you must have hit the wrong button on the elevator. You want the one that says this: ⇩ or maybe this: ➘.

So glad she is feeling well enough to take interest in the birds. Such an encouraging sign, and I know you will take all you can get right now.

I hope you and Mike can tag team today and work some naps in. There's a continuous flow of vines and prayers headed to Tucson for all four of you. Scritches to dear Tobes. [​IMG]

13. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear Gracie is feeling a bit better. Bird watching is always an enjoyable pastime!

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Hope Gracie feels even better as the day goes on!
    It's ok. I look at this as the R has kept her from going any higher. :)
    Let's see how the rest of the R cycle plays out. There's more R where that came from...

Don't forget to update your ss. :p
    (had to say it)

15. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear that Gracie is feeling better today.
    Sending more vines.

16. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

As many others, I've been following all the reports/advice. Didn't want to clutter up that flow of information.

Today's news sounds encouraging for our LBG. You are teaching us all about 'grace' during stressful times.

Vines, vines, prayers, prayers, and enough light to keep the night skies lit.

Constant thoughts.

Marilyn

17. Marje and Gracie

Sorry...Mike tested her and I fell asleep. When in doubt, blame it on the DH ;);)

So at R+4 after 0.2u of R, she’s just flat. I’d like to give her 0.4uR now. Thoughts?

I just weighed her and she’s up 1.5 ounces. She just has seemed to feel less well as the day is progressing but that could also be the numbers. I’ve got a call into the vet.

18. Marje and Gracie

Gracie is teaching me about “grace” when being so sick.

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

Ordinarily, I'd agree with giving her more now, but I'm slightly hesitant because of the increased weight and what that may mean. If she's taken in to drain the fluids will it make any difference if her numbers begin to drop from more R? It may not matter at all, but I don't know the answer to that question and I don't want to error on this. It might be best to wait til you hear from the vet to make a decision. Ask him/her if it matters. If your vet clears giving more, I'd go for it.

20. Jill & Alex (GA)

Looking at your ss again...
    R didn't seem to matter when she was at the ER night before last...

21. Marje and Gracie

I don’t think they will drain any fluid. I just want to ask the vet if they should X-ray her and make sure there is not more and just look her over. They told me they don’t usually drain any fluid from the abdomen unless it is a tremendous amount built up there and Gracie didn’t fit that category.

Yesterday, the vet said that she worries about a one pound increase in weight and not so much an ounce here or there. On the good side, her urine is a normal color so the bilirubin is dissipating.

Hoping the vet calls soon.

They didn’t drain any fluid...they just took a tiny sample to send to pathology. I’m sure the R didn’t help because it wasn’t enough and she was stressed. So...still thinking we should wait? I also don’t know how long the vet will be tied up and it could be a shot of R now and it will be off by the time she were to see her. BUT ...I want to keep her safe.

22. Jill & Alex (GA)

Given the above, I think giving more R now should be fine.
    Good news on the bilirubin!

23. Marje and Gracie

Ok. I'm going to give her 0.4u. Thanks, Jill.

24. Jill & Alex (GA)

You're welcome. 0.4u sounds good to me. I'd do the same if she were mine.

25. Marje and Gracie

Perfect. Thank you.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  26. Marje and Gracie

Nothing I can put my finger on but I just have this general unease and gut feeling that I need to take her in. She is not as perky as she was yesterday and I just feel she needs to be seen today. Will update later.

27. Wendy&Neko

You know her so well. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Massive numbers of vines on the way. Keep us posted.

28. Jill & Alex (GA)

Heaping piles of positive thoughts and healing vines coming your way...
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

29. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

So many vines on their way that Air Traffic Control has been notified!

30. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending many, many vines to LBG (& hugs to you, Marje)!! :bighug:

31. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Thinking of you guys :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sending hugs your way. Update when you can. :bighug::bighug:

33. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

More healing vines.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

34. Marilyn and Polly

With you. Praying.

Marilyn

35. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: and more :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

36. Anne & Zener GA

paws crossed.jpg
    And heaps of vines too!

Barb & Checkers (GA) likes this.
  37. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

More healing vines :bighug::bighug::bighug:

38. Wendy&Neko

I had a quick chat with Marje on their way to the ER. Gracie has had a lot of new things added lately (clavamox, pred, chemo drug) and she tends to be slow to process changes because of her liver issues. Any one of those could be affecting her. Gracie wasn't doing her usual mewping today and seemed "off". Marje's intuition has always been 20/20 when it comes to Gracie.:bighug:

39. Marje and Gracie

Thank you, Wendy, for updating.

One thing that concerned me was a change in Gracie's respirations. I was worried about fluid in her chest cavity. The ER vet checked her via u/s and there is no fluid in her chest but even I could see her heartbeat was very irregular and her heart rate was very low compared to normal for her. She has fluid in her belly but it's in such small pockets that it is dangerous to try and remove and abdominal fluid doesn't respond to diuretics.

They are doing an EKG and labs as imbalances in electrolytes can cause abnormal heartbeats. Praying that is all it is and there isn't a heart issue.

Will update later. Hugs and we very much appreciate the prayers for our LBG.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  40. Amy&TrixieCat

You always have to follow that gut instinct....I'm glad you are getting her checked out again. Tons of prayers from us...

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  41. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers and love from us.:bighug::bighug:

42. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please keep us posted as you can.

43. Josie & Ripley (GA)

44. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Sending vines and prayers

45. Marycatmom

Marycatmom Well-Known Member

Praying.

46. Judy and Boomer

Lots more hugs coming your way. You know her very well so trust your instincts. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

47. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you took her in to get her checked out. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

48. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines all is well for Gracie :bighug::bighug::bighug:

49. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

More Prayers and vines coming your way.

50. marniepaul & miles

marniepaul & miles Member

Hope Miss Gracie is feeling better soon.

51. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Oh, dear, more stress for all of you! :( Sending mega vines and bombarding Heaven with prayers for our Gracie. And for you and Mike. We'll all be watching closely for updates. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

52. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

We're pulling for you Gracie (you too Marje and DH). Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

53. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: and more and more healing vines and tons of prayers. Feel better little Gracie.

54. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

So many prayers coming for our sweet LBG, Marje.

55. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

More prayers and vines from us. Hopefully it's just an electrolytes imbalance.
    :bighug: :bighug::bighug::bighug:

56. Anne & Zener GA

Sending kudzu sized vines and big squeeze hugs.

57. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more vines to the pile...and hugs for you and Mike!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Come on Gracie!!!

58. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Healing prayers for Gracie continue and more hugs for you too Marje. :bighug::bighug:

59. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Healing thoughts for Gracie. So many things to balance right now, prayers for mom too.

60. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh (((((Marje))))) I'm so sorry to read your condos, I've been away...Please know I'm sending my strongest prayers, hugs and vines for you and Gracie.

61. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

You are all in my prayers! Hugs, vines and light sent your way!

62. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Hugs, vines and prayers from us.

63. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Piling on more vines, prayers, with lots of hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

64. Marje and Gracie

Thank you all so much....just got home.

It doesn't look so good for our LBG. Her heart rate was only 100 and BP 88...both very low. So they just used the u/s to see if she had fluid in her chest and she did not but I could tell when I first saw her heart that it was extremely arrhythmic. They did an X-ray and her heart looks severely enlarged but they did not want to make a dx without the echo which they will do tomorrow. Her EKG was also abnormal. Her liver is enlarged and her ALT had doubled since Friday. She is at risk for heart failure and they encouraged us to leave her in ICU tonight. She has an outstanding nurse specifically assigned to her and I liked the doctor very much. She had an accident on her pee pad while I was giving the nurse her info and the vet took her out himself and cleaned her up. They are all kind and compassionate and she will be on an EKG all night.

We are heartsick but we know the power of L/L land miracle prayers. Please keep our LBG in your prayers tonight. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

65. Wendy&Neko

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Extra strength prayers in bulk tonight.

66. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((Marje))) I'm so sorry to hear this, of course you have our continuing prayers for sweet Gracie. I'm glad she is in good hands.

67. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((Marje)))) i'm adding more kudzu vines & prayers for your little girl. I hope tomorrow brings nothing but good news. I can't believe you were remembering my birthday when all of this was going on. A million hugs coming your way.

68. Anne & Zener GA

Oh Marje, this is not the news we hoped to see. I know that was a very hard decision to leave her, but she is where she can be safely monitored all night. She loves you both very much and knows you are doing your best to help her feel better.
    image.jpeg
    Sending heaps of healing snowflakes to Gracie from the big ditch.
    Anne

69. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines sent. I know it will be a long night for you. Try to rest when you can. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

70. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((((Marje)))))
    Strongest prayers and vines for Gracie.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

71. Jill & Alex (GA)

(((((Marje, Mike, Tobey, and Gracie)))))
    She's where she needs to be right now... doesn't make it any easier... I know.
    Feel the love... prayers, white light, positive thoughts... they're all coming that way.

Big hugs..........................................

72. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry, Marje. Sending the strongest LL vines for your little fighter. Stay strong.

73. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Thinking of you...

MJ

74. My heart, prayers and love are with you all. :bighug:

75. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Marje, and Mike - many prayers and well wishes for Gracie. I hope for better news tomorrow. Be well Gracie.

paws crossed.jpg

76. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines and happy thoughts and kitty love coming your way. :bighug:

77. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

well.... i'm home....
    prayed off and on all the drive home....

i know you're mind is pacing all over.
    so more prayers now....
    that they find something easily treatable and make our lbg feel better....

many many hugs tonite!
    and more crossed paws....

78. Dale 'n' Chip

Dale 'n' Chip Well-Known Member

Adding prayers, healing vines, and light.

And hugs...

79. Marilyn and Polly

All of us here are sending the energy of healing light straightway to all of you there, especially for Miss Amazing Gracie.

80. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Continued prayers and positive thoughts for LBG.

81. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

Oh Marje......sending so many vines for you and Mike and sweet Gracie. She sounds like she is in good hands.

82. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

sending so so so much love and so many prayers your way :bighug:

83. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Marje and Mike))) stay strong, little Miss G is a fighter. Hugs and prayer overload coming your way :bighug::bighug::bighug:

84. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

{{{Marje}}} and {{{Mike}}}

This just rips my heart out. I know you are worried beyond belief and this will be a very long night for you. I hope you feel all the light and vines and prayers that are focused on Miss Gracie and her loving family. We will be holding vigil with you, all over the world. I hope you both manage to get some sleep, and that Tobey gives you some comfort. Know that we are with you in spirit.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

85. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

More healing prayers for Gracie and prayers for you and your family too.

86. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

(((Marje & Mike))) So hoping for positive news for your LBG in the morning. I'm glad that you have each other tonight :bighug::bighug::bighug: and scritches for Tobey who must be feeling quite lost without her too :(

87. Josie & Ripley (GA)

We're sending all of our love :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

88. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the echo gives you some answers. Sending prayers and hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

89. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My thoughts and all kinds of vines are with Gracie, you and Mike.

90. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Tons of healing vines, hugs and prayers for a miracle. (((Marje))) :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

91. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Sending Mega vines, Prayers and a ton of light to Miss Gracie. Stay strong sweet girl you are a fighter.

92. Amy&TrixieCat

We are sending prayers on top of prayers and hugs on top of hugs....

93. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Tons more thoughts, prayers and vines. :bighug:

94. Judy and Boomer

Lots more healing vines and hugs heading your way :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

95. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Wishing you strength in the face of adversity and the comfort of knowing we're all here showering you with hope.

96. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Sending lots of love and vines for Gracie and all of you. ((((HUGS))))

97. Anne & Zener GA

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: Gracie couldn't get better care than what you and the vet are giving right now. Sending megatons of vines.
    Liz

98. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Gracie is at the receiving end of so many prayers and so much love. My heart is aching for you and Mike, as we pray for our baby to rally. Love, hugs and prayers for you, Mike, and little Tobes.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

99. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Piling on the vines and healing light - c'mon Gracie - we are all right there with you Marje and Mike.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

100. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Do Lou and I are sending a ton of healing vines and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.