11/29 Sherlock AMPS 266, +3 263, PMPS 135, +2 241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LexaJoy, Nov 29, 2018.

1. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

Sherlock's still keeping me guessing in the afternoons. This is the lowest number I've shot yet, and I'm a little anxious.

Okay, I'm a lot anxious. But. He's eating well right now, and I'm home for the rest of the evening to keep an eye on things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing crazy happens. I was prepared for crazy yesterday and he bounced UP instead of sliding down, so. Who knows? I just hope I didn't do the wrong thing.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good for you for shooting low. I'd test in no later than two hours. Looks like he's coming down from a bounce. This is also cycle six after the increase so the depot should be full and working. :cool:

Here is the link to your last post here, which makes it easier for people to follow along.http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/sherlock-11-28-amps-257-3-267-pmps-174-3-298.207174/

By the way, it's not uncommon to have to go up and down in dose, answering your question from a couple days ago. I didn't see that tag. A certain amount of glucose toxicity can set in if they aren't seeing good numbers all the time. It's very common at the beginning or if you hold a dose too long. It just means you have to keep increasing until you break through the toxicity.

By the way, in order to get more visitors, it often helps to visit others, even if it's just to say Hi and offer support. And if you can find other newer people, you'll find they ask a lot of the same questions so you can learn a lot. The first time Neko earned a reduction, no one was around to help me, but I'd spent enough time watching other posts where cats went low that I was prepared - well mostly. It was still scary.

LexaJoy likes this.
  3. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

Thank you! I've got an alarm set to remind me in 2 hours, just in case. I got involved in a project yesterday and didn't nab him until around +3.

I think I'm just having to unlearn previous experience. With Ianto, who was on vetsulin, it seemed like all we did was go up and up and up, so. This is new, although way better. It's mostly about telling my brain that adjustment up AND down is good, not indicative of anything bad.

I'm a bit of a lurker by nature. I read here for months before posting at all, and sometimes I get a little awkward. I'll try to weigh in a bit more, though. Everyone's usually very nice when I do. I appreciate your input and perspective!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Lol Sherlock faked us out again :rolleyes:, I thought for sure he'd do something tonight, but I thought that last night too :p give him a few extra bum pats from me, he sure is a cutie pie.

5. LexaJoy

LexaJoy Member

He is just the sneakiest sneaker, isn't he? I was all on edge yesterday, and nada. He cruised right back up to hovering under 300, which is right where he was again this morning. Sigh. Well, at least he's cute, even if I did have to chase him out of the bathtub this morning to get my shower. I hope you're having a good one!