12/10/2018 Tiny Solè OTJ Trial! AMBG: 121, PMBG:111

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joanne&TinySole, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

YESTERDAY

AMBG 121 after a 67 two hours earlier and being fed at that time.

Remember we are using an AT2 meter and strips...

I believe Tiny is ready for her trial!
    We had our normal testing through the night, she held well then dipped to 67 at 6 AM. She's telling me she wants to try, so, here we go!!

I want this dismount to stick for her...badly. Not for me, but for her.

Keep your fingers crossed and send loving, healing energies to Tiny for a healthy working Pancreas moving forward.

My deep gratitude goes out to everyone who has ever uttered a kind word, offered their help and guidance and held my hand when I was so scared that I'd do the wrong thing.

Tiny, her civvies, her other mom and I wholeheartedly thank all the Aunties and Uncles for their loving and kind gestures!!!

Stay with us as we go! XOXO ❤

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Reason for edit: more info
  2. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

You GO TINY :bighug::otj::bighug:!!!
    Aunt Krysee

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Joanne&TinySole

❤❤❤

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful news !! The best of luck for Tiny in her trial. Do you have the instructions for OTJ Trial? If not let me know and I will post them.

Post each day with the AMBG ( AM Blood Glucose) and the day number. With in a few days you'll get a text from Camille asking for photos so she can make an OTJ video. It will be the best post on a thread of yours ever! :bighug:

5. Joanne&TinySole

Post away, Auntie Bobbie! ❤❤❤

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Here there are. Of course the numbers are a bit different for you using the AT2 meter :

If he/she is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time; just feed small meals and go about your day. If he/she is blue at your normal "PS", feed a small meal and test again after about 3 or 4 hours. If his/her number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then the pancreas is working!
    Post every day so we can monitor your progress and see if any tweaks are needed. He/she may have a sporadic blue number. Don't panic but post before you decide whether to shoot so we can have a discussion.

After 14 days of no insulin, we have a party!!
    Sometimes the trial doesn't work the first time and we have to give a little more support in the form of resuming insulin. It's not the end of the world if that happens; we just give him/her the support needed. Our goal is a strong remission and it's better to take our time to get that than to rush into remission just to have it fail later on.

Good luck with the trial!!!
    Once he/she is through the trial successfully, you enter a new phase. Your cat is still diabetic but has now become diet-controlled. Continue feeding low carb food in the manner successful for your kitty. If you decide to change his/her feeding schedule, let your meter be your guide to the best times to feed. Avoid medications with sugar in them and steroid medications unless they are medically essential. Continue testing blood glucose weekly for the first month and then monthly forever. It's a good idea to weigh him/her monthly. Weight should remain stable. If he/she seems "off" or sick, or is showing signs of diabetes (excessive drinking, eating, urinating, weight loss), test his/her blood glucose right away. Keep the teeth and gums clean and healthy; dental issues can bring a cat out of remission. If you see rising blood glucose numbers, it's time for a visit to the vet!

7. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Hugs and healing vines from your Auntie Rosie!:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    You got this Tiny! Get 'er done!!
    :D:otj::D

Happy Day 1!

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

U can do it Tiny:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

With the AT2 meter, you are almost certainly going to get some blue numbers at pre-shot periodically. As long as those blues are low blues, no worries. My gauge, since we don't have anything concrete for pet meters, was roughly 120/125 or less but that was just a guesstimate based on side by side testing with human and AT2 meter during our OTJ trial days. Normal high is generally accepted to be 150 on the AT2 so preferably Tiny should stay under that with a bit of a cushion unless she's chasing a squirrel or bird through the window! :D

10. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Joanne & Tiny, I can't even express how happy I am for both of you!! I know you and Tiny have got this.!! I wish she'd give Taco a call and let him know how it's done. I'm smiling ear to ear for you & Tiny. You do give me hope, we won't give up!! Good luck with the :otj: trial , that I know will work for you and Tiny :bighug::kiss::joyful::D:):cat:

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How exciting! Happy Day 1! :D

12. Joanne&TinySole

Tiny is more of a catnip ball kind of a girl! :D;) ...my God, I love this kid!!!!!!! Im hoping she does well. I've been doing Reiki over her pancreas! :nailbiting: !!

:D great info, Auntie Bobbie and Auntie Linda! THANK YOU both for your continued guidance and support!

XOXO

13. Joanne&TinySole

I'll have Tiny give Taco a call tonight!! Oh...Tiny said to tell Taco that she will text him before she calls, and to be ready for a BIG pep talk! XOXO :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    ❤❤❤

MrWorfMen's Mom and Cindy&Taco like this.
  14. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you, Auntie Carla! ❤❤❤

15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yeah Tiny and Joanne !!!!!!!

You have come a long way baby!!! Have you gone back to read your very first and second post here? I just did. You were so unsure. You thought you would kill her and you. You thought she could never level out.

LOOK WHERE YOU ARE NOW . You have gumption, confidence in the dance, you dug you heels in and went right to work.

WELL DONE MOMMA. :cat::cat::cat::cat:

16. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck from Auntie Susan (and Cousin Felix)!

17. Joanne&TinySole

+5: 97 at 12 Noon!!

18. Joanne&TinySole

My love, I could probably recite those first posts verbatim! I. WAS. TERRIFIED! Now, I'm like, '77...pffffhhhht, we got this Tiny!'

I know we'd never be here, at this juncture, without all the kind support here on FDMB. This has been some of the most intense seven months of my life, no exaggeration!

Thank you, Auntie Paula and Cousin Olive!
    :kiss::kiss::kiss:XOXO❤❤❤

19. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you, Auntie Susan and Cousin Felix!
    ❤❤❤

20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Can you please post instructions for that???? I'd love to do some 'Reiki' over Luci's pancreas...such a mystery to me! Some days I think it's working - at least for a bit - but most days...not so much...we're ready to try anything...need some good juju in this house :p

Best of luck to Tiny to stay the course and get off the JUICE! She's so close!!! Good girl!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Bobbie And Bubba

:bighug:

22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

No surprise on the 67 last night, she told you a couple days ago she was ready to get this trial moving! Go Tiny!:D:D

Joanne, the hardest part for you will be learning to put down the test kit.;) If she is green an preshot, no more tests! If blue, you can have one more test, then leave her ears alone until the next preshot time. Remember, this trial is for you to learn how to ease off the testing too.:p

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  23. Joanne&TinySole

Here's a little primer for you, Auntie Sue! ❤
    REIKI :bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Joanne&TinySole

SAY WHAT?!!!!!!!!!
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

OMG, I already blew it on day one!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA!
    How on earth, after seven months of being traumatized and constantly obsessed and sleep-depived over Tiny's BGs....
    ...aretheylow?,
    aretheyhigh?,
    isshebreathing?,
    isshealive?,
    didikillher?,
    arewegoingtomakeitthroughthis?,
    canweleavethehouse?,
    shouldwegethomenow?...
    ...how on earth do I STOP????!!!

What a hoot!!! Ok, if Tiny can do it, I can too!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Reason for edit: sp
  25. Joanne&TinySole

So, I still test every 12 hours for now, right?

For example, 7 AM/PM was Tiny's normal AMPS/PMPS, so I still test at those times, but nothing between that...do I have that correct...for now?

@Wendy&Neko
    @Bobbie And Bubba
    @MrWorfMen's Mom

26. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, test at your regular times and you can test one more time a few hours later if the BG number is "blue" or in the case of an AT, a higher blue that you think it should be. Hopefully that second test shows you her pancreas is working.

BTW, most people fail the "put down the test kit" test at first. :p

27. Bobbie And Bubba

Yeah, good luck with putting down the lancet!!! LOL So exciting, Joanne!

28. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Yes, you can! You've got this!

29. MrWorfMen's Mom

We need a support group for testing withdrawal!:woot: Go Tiny! mini-graphics-cheerleader-864459.gif

30. Joanne&TinySole

...outa my cold dead hands! ...bad joke, but kinda funny! ;)

Bobbie And Bubba and Cindy&Taco like this.
  31. Joanne&TinySole

YOU are AWESOME, Rosie! Thanks for your encouraging faith in my abilities! :bighug:

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  32. Joanne&TinySole

YES I DO!! ...I mean...I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!...I mean...YES WE DO!!!!
    We've got some cray-cray Pavlovian ingrained conditioning going on!

If there's a cure for this...I don't want it!! ;)

Sue and Luci and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  33. Joanne&TinySole

Where on earth are you getting these super cute little GIFs??? OMG, I ❤ them!

34. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'm a collector! Feel free to use them. More to come......:woot:

35. Joanne&TinySole

In all the excitement, I almost forgot...
    PMBG: 111 at 7 PM!

I guess it's time to look into automatic feeders so I don't have to get up to feed the Princepesa! I figure I'll put catnip in them to train her not to be afraid of them.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  36. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you Auntie Rosie and Cousin Bailey!
    ❤❤❤

Thank you Auntie Jamie and Cousin Bella!
    ❤❤❤

37. Joanne&TinySole

Linda, I think that your comparative testing with the AT2 and human meter is WAY too valuable to be tucked away. Can it somehow be utilized more here for those of us using the AT2? Or, perhaps you might consider submitting it as research to a Veterinarian Medical Journal.

Like @Bobbie And Bubba says above, the numbers are different in OTJ trials for AT2 meters and human meters and I would have no idea of those differences or what the parameters are if by some great grace we hadn't connected.

I know we AT2 meter users are few, but I think the comparison knowledge is key to the help we are offering our sugarbabies! ❤